11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Btw, if you get the long version, seconds before Neymar did this he got clipped in his achilles very harshly and was left limping a bit. Players ride him, kick him and nibble at his feet all game long, yet lose their fucking minds when he attempts some flashy trick on them. It's quite absurd.

Bilbao's players reactions was a thousand times worse than anything Neymar did. Lucho siding with them was extremely perplexing.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
What is about Spain that such a move that Neymar did was considered provocative? Are the Spanish extra sensitive or something?

Kohe321

What can I say Neymar is quite the headliner.

I will say this I adore his play style and it's partly one of the reasons why Barca bought him..to do what Ronaldinho did essentially so why is everywhere get mad when this is what I expected from him and what you guys should have expected from him since Day 1.

I guess Lucho and Pique forgot

Because when Neymar does flair-moves, it's offensive and he must apparently accept the risk of getting attacked for it, but when the ever smiling and humble Ronaldinho does it, it's art.

The level of double standards...

CGSq4jNWsAEsl-T.jpg:large

Last edited:

ceefoo

Why none of this happens to cr, then? I don't see it. he punches players and most don't even bat an eye.
When CR7 shoots from 40 yards... is this not disrespectful?
Is Messi dribbling from the halfway line, humiliating 4 defenders, and scoring a wonder goal? Why isn't this disrespectful?

Or what about when a GK does a Cruyff-turn to an on-rushing opponent and makes a fool of him?

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I hope Luis Enrique patches things up with Neymar privately before this is causing any problem in the dressing room next season.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
You can kick someone, you can punch someone, you can keep pulling the other's shirt all the time but you nutmeg a player or try one trick that doesn't even come off(and the guy you try it against don't even care lol) and everyone just lose their shit

Nope. I don't buy this Spain are insensitive crap. It's more to do with who does it and after New Year it seem like everyone believes Neymar is the perfect punching bag if he dares to try a little trick.

You can do a million step overs, you can make gestures towards the opposition fans, but that's fine of course.

Last edited:

ceefoo

They're just angry cause they know he's the heir apparent to the balon' dor. No matter how much they try they'll never be as good as him and they're angry cause they know that he knows it. And he also makes in a year what they make in their entire careers.
OUCH! :hurt: :D

I hope he doesn't change as well, but I do also agree that he needs to improve his decision making at times. If he can do that and improve his finishing he will win the Ballon d'Or one day (once Messi retires :lol:).

footyfan

Calma, calma
It's not so much about the legality of the move though. If a player were to start blatantly time wasting, making cocky gestures, or juggled the ball idly in the middle of the game it wouldn't be taken well by players/fans even if it's legal. The principle here is the same, only what Neymar did is less extreme and the Athletic players did overreact. I'm just saying that I understand why it isn't taken well, especially when the situation is tense and players are frustrated/combative.

And let's not play dumb when it comes to Neymar, he isn't some angelic little victim. He is a known wind-up merchant with the gestures he makes, his history of diving, and general demeanor. Barca fans get angry when guys like Muller/Ronaldo show arrogant attitudes, Nerman can be guilty of the same. Just look at this:

Is it really hard to understand why opposition fans don't always like the things he does?? He shouldn't be discouraged from using his flair or doing skill moves. Doing skills like these (rainbows or the standing over the ball crap he does) aren't necessary at all but if he wants to do them, of course he should still be able to. He should just know that it won't always be taken well by players/fans and that it could start conflicts. What happened today was definitely an overreaction though.

I am sure he knows what kind of reaction he's going to get and I am glad he won't change his style because of it. It's never a bad time to pull off a skill move, whether it is 7-0 against a 2nd division team or 0-0 in the Champions League final. It's not like he's doing it over and over against for the sole purpose of showing off and embarrassing the defender.

Henry_IB

Banned
I won't comment about his trick but what I did not like from him today was how he ran past rakitic after scoring, basically ignoring him and pointing towards suarez while in my opinion rakitic was more responsible for the goal than Suarez.

Stric

Because when Neymar does flair-moves, it's offensive and he must apparently accept the risk of getting attacked for it, but when the ever smiling and humble Ronaldinho does it, it's art.

The level of double standards...

CGSq4jNWsAEsl-T.jpg:large

Double standards are the problem here, no doubt about that. But players bring these double standards upon themselves. Is it not completely logical that players who are respectful and friendly towards others will receive the same treatment?

Ronaldinho was never a diver or a provocateur, and he will be treated accordingly. Is this unfair?

ceefoo

Guarrincha. He be killed here.
:goodpost: That's funny, I was thinking of Garrincha and others like Rivellino, Cruijff, Best etc. Players from a bygone age. Footballers that played for the love of the game and showed it in their playing style.

Geez! :?: How much would Garrincha be worth if he was around today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans