11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stric

Nope,watched only like 1 hour of highlights and random moments. He developed quite a lot since he came here(his free kicks too).

So your ranking of James as a top FK taker is based on one season, in which he took... how many FKs?

MaxY

Devil May Cry
So your ranking of James as a top FK taker is based on one season, in which he took... how many FKs?

I never said he was a top FK taker, I said he was better than Messi. It's ranked on worldcup,whole last season,this preason(freekick vs Inter) and this season so far(that amazing free kick). It's still better than basing it on one game like this forum is doing with Messi. If you compare stats I'm pretty sure that James' stats are miles ahead.

Stric

I never said he was a top FK taker, I said he was better than Messi. It's ranked on worldcup,whole last season,this preason(freekick vs Inter) and this season so far(that amazing free kick). It's still better than basing it on one game like this forum is doing with Messi. If you compare stats I'm pretty sure that James' stats are miles ahead.

You named him among your top FK takers. And please, do say, how many free kicks did he take at RM last season? Was it one or two?

I'm not saying that he's not a good FK taker, but if you're willing to use stats, maybe you should take into account that the sample size you're using to show how many FKs he scored is incomparably smaller than the sample size you'd use for Messi or Ronaldo. Even if James scored a the next five times he took a FK, the comparison would still make little sense.

Cristiano is a great FK taker, but he misses often. Because he takes FKs often. That's the point. And it's the same with Messi, although, admittedly, his conversion rate is probably somewhat worse than Cristiano's.

Neymessi

Messi is far better than ronaldo at fks any day.I don't remember the last time CR did not hit the wall or did not miss by a smile.

Bran the Greenseer

When was the last time Ronaldo scored a free kick? Did he score one in his 5 goals or was that a penalty? I stopped watching Ronaldo highlights cause they all start to look too similar.

F

Flavia

You named him among your top FK takers. And please, do say, how many free kicks did he take at RM last season? Was it one or two?

I'm not saying that he's not a good FK taker, but if you're willing to use stats, maybe you should take into account that the sample size you're using to show how many FKs he scored is incomparably smaller than the sample size you'd use for Messi or Ronaldo. Even if James scored a the next five times he took a FK, the comparison would still make little sense.

Cristiano is a great FK taker, but he misses often. Because he takes FKs often. That's the point. And it's the same with Messi, although, admittedly, his conversion rate is probably somewhat worse than Cristiano's.
cr is not a great fk taker, neither is Messi. I don't know where the notion cr is good at fk comes from.

ZeByVkQ.jpg

last season only, but I'll be surprised if their numbers aren't similar in previous years.

Morten

cr is not a great fk taker, neither is Messi. I don't know where the notion cr is good at fk comes from.

ZeByVkQ.jpg

last season only, but I'll be surprised if their numbers aren't similar in previous years.

Ronaldos conversion rate is atrocious. Im suprised Bale isnt higher than that also, he is a very good free kick taker imo.

MaxY

Devil May Cry

It comes from the fact that he used to be an amazing free kick taker a few years ago.
Cristiano Ronaldo: Has scored more goals from direct free-kicks (7) than any other TEAM in the last 6 Champions League seasons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans