2. we see the buyout clause

I guess we'll see if Barto learned his lesson :lol:

xXKonan

DIB0WP7XoAAgxQo.jpg

That photoshop though.

:lucho2:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Big fan of Dembele but unfortunately this deal is just to save Farto's ass. No surprise that all the media reports are explicit "Farto led the charge for Dembele" and "Farto was key in the final negotiations" as if it takes any skill to just cough up 150M :lol:.

The problem now is that this signing is not enough to reinforce the squad to a title winning level but it may well be enough to abate criticism on Farto and the board and bail them out for the vote of no confidence. Just a half measure.

After this, they'll throw money at Liverpool for Coutinho again and likely won't end up getting him. Since Farto is now 100% gonna stay, we have to pray that the Coutinho deal goes through as well or we'll be stuck with a shit board AND a half assed squad + Dembele. Up to Coutinho now to push as hard as possible for a move, or we'll end up with no midfielder.

Big fan of Dembele but unfortunately this deal is just to save Farto's ass. No surprise that all the media reports are explicit "Farto led the charge for Dembele" and "Farto was key in the final negotiations" as if it takes any skill to just cough up 150M :lol:.

The problem now is that this signing is not enough to reinforce the squad to a title winning level but it may well be enough to abate criticism on Farto and the board and bail them out for the vote of no confidence. Just a half measure.

After this, they'll throw money at Liverpool for Coutinho again and likely won't end up getting him. Since Farto is now 100% gonna stay, we have to pray that the Coutinho deal goes through as well or we'll be stuck with a shit board AND a half assed squad + Dembele. Up to Coutinho now to push as hard as possible for a move, or we'll end up with no midfielder.

Think Farto's still gone as long as Messi continues to refuse to renew his contract. Don't think Dembele is enough to overshadow that + Barto losing him and Rosell's golden boy Neymar. Especially if he takes more than a week or two to adapt which is likely since he missed preseason with us.

Last edited:

George_Costanza

Signing Dembele is not enough to offset Neymat's exit. Not even close. I still think Barto won't last beyond this season.

blaugrana1987

This deal had to be done. People need to ubderstand that we need to spend VERY heavily not to lose touch with Real and others in terms of our future. Board can and will fuck off, but securing Semedo, Umtiti, Dembele, Roberto and perhaps Coutinho would be crucial.

After that they can fuck of, but no matter the money they spend, WC youngsters need to be brought in.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Think Farto's still gone as long as Messi continues to refuse to renew his contract. Don't think Dembele is enough to overshadow that + Barto losing him and Rosell's golden boy Neymar. Especially if he takes more than a week or two to adapt which is likely since he missed preseason with us.

Idk about the Messi thing. We don't know the details of what's missing in his renewal and whether or not Messi would actually go to the lengths of arm-twisting like that. I'd hope so, Messi has near infinite power at Barca and it'd be great if he could use that to destroy the board, but it's not something I expect of him though I'd be pleased if he did.

Signing Dembele is not enough to offset Neymat's exit. Not even close. I still think Barto won't last beyond this season.

I agree, even with Dembele we're still at a net negative compared to the squad on paper from last season. Selling Neymar, buying Semedo/Dembele and having many other key players age a year further puts us below break even in terms of squad improvement.

But the fact remains that, even as of yesterday, when our transfer window was at it's absolute rock bottom of patheticness, it was an overall uphill battle to oust the board through Benedito's motion. If it was already hard then and now we have a relatively big name that Farto will 100% milk to his advantage, things don't look good. It'll take bad results in the weeks coming up to the vote to push things our way but even then idk, the socis are not reliable people whatsoever. We must remember that 54% of them voted for Farto only 2 years ago.

montero19

This deal had to be done. People need to ubderstand that we need to spend VERY heavily not to lose touch with Real and others in terms of our future. Board can and will fuck off, but securing Semedo, Umtiti, Dembele, Roberto and perhaps Coutinho would be crucial.

After that they can fuck of, but no matter the money they spend, WC youngsters need to be brought in.
Simple. Dunno why some don't just get it .

Zincubus

Banned
Sooo- two of the stories 'trending' online tonight are that Messi has been promised Dybala by Laporte AND even though the Liverpool owners are adamant they won't sell apparently Klopp relented a few days ago and is apparently demanding Rakitic as part of the Coutinho deal ..... I've no idea why he'd want Rakitic given Liberpool's pressing game ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans