11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

Status
Not open for further replies.

George_Costanza

I agree, even with Dembele we're still at a net negative compared to the squad on paper from last season. Selling Neymar, buying Semedo/Dembele and having many other key players age a year further puts us below break even in terms of squad improvement.

But the fact remains that, even as of yesterday, when our transfer window was at it's absolute rock bottom of patheticness, it was an overall uphill battle to oust the board through Benedito's motion. If it was already hard then and now we have a relatively big name that Farto will 100% milk to his advantage, things don't look good. It'll take bad results in the weeks coming up to the vote to push things our way but even then idk, the socis are not reliable people whatsoever. We must remember that 54% of them voted for Farto only 2 years ago.

We won't know for sure how popular is Agusti Benedito's initiative in Catalonia until the 2nd week of Sep, I guess we have to wait and see. Messi should be a key in Benedito's motion. Both Laporta and Benedito did not miss the opportunity to use Messi's name this week to criticize the board. I don't think that was a coincidence.

gr98

Sooo- two of the stories 'trending' online tonight are that Messi has been promised Dybala by Laporte AND even though the Liverpool owners are adamant they won't sell apparently Klopp relented a few days ago and is apparently demanding Rakitic as part of the Coutinho deal ..... I've no idea why he'd want Rakitic given Liberpool's pressing game ..

Hope it happens, Rakitic has been dreadful recently.

Idk about the Messi thing. We don't know the details of what's missing in his renewal and whether or not Messi would actually go to the lengths of arm-twisting like that. I'd hope so, Messi has near infinite power at Barca and it'd be great if he could use that to destroy the board, but it's not something I expect of him though I'd be pleased if he did.

I agree, even with Dembele we're still at a net negative compared to the squad on paper from last season. Selling Neymar, buying Semedo/Dembele and having many other key players age a year further puts us below break even in terms of squad improvement.

But the fact remains that, even as of yesterday, when our transfer window was at it's absolute rock bottom of patheticness, it was an overall uphill battle to oust the board through Benedito's motion. If it was already hard then and now we have a relatively big name that Farto will 100% milk to his advantage, things don't look good. It'll take bad results in the weeks coming up to the vote to push things our way but even then idk, the socis are not reliable people whatsoever. We must remember that 54% of them voted for Farto only 2 years ago.

Just 54% with a treble and Laporta's half assed campaign bodes well tbh.

Also, Messi supposedly organized a dinner with the other players and even EV to discuss the board. AND Laporta has supposedly contacted him. If he goes to war with Farto, there's only going to be one winner. They could buy Madrid's entire team and it still wouldn't save them.

The key here is that Messi does not back down.

Last edited:

George_Costanza

Sooo- two of the stories 'trending' online tonight are that Messi has been promised Dybala by Laporte AND even though the Liverpool owners are adamant they won't sell apparently Klopp relented a few days ago and is apparently demanding Rakitic as part of the Coutinho deal ..... I've no idea why he'd want Rakitic given Liberpool's pressing game ..

I don't know about Laporta promising Dybala but Coutinho is not coming and no way Klopp will exchange his star player for a dead weight.

xXKonan

Dybala while a interesting option I'm not sure how he would fit in here. He's not a striker or a winger that can replace Suarez and Neymar.

I think the club seriously considered it but Juve wasn't interested in selling and the likes of Dembele suited the wings more of us than Dybala would.

Sultan

Nosce te ipsum
With Coutinho i think Liverpool are just prolonging the inevitable. They want to please their fans and show them that they were not willing to sell him, but with over 120mil on the table and a player that doesn't want to play for them they will eventually agree to sell him. We just have to wait probably till the last day of the transfer window.

khaled_a_d

A bit worried he's more of a provider than scorer and that he uses his left leg more than right but he is only 20 and far from finished product.

Agree with 1st part, but he uses his right foot to shoot and his left foot to dribble. weird thing

We could have had him for 15 million last summer. And it would have made sense even if we still had Neymar. You implement a rotation system where one of Messi, Neymar or Suarez is often rested (something that was actually desperately needed) and Dembele plays instead (with Neymar or Messi moving in the middle when Suarez is rested) as he can play on either wing. Or you play all four of them with Messi in midfield.

Dembele and half dozen of other strikers refused to be on bench for MSN, it didn't make any sense for him. We made an offer and he forced his way to BVB.
The guy is talented, but he is one fucking bastard. Circumstances seem to always go on his way :lol:
Wanted to develop in BVB, gets that and then next year Neymar leaves and open space for his favorite club

I wouldn't have called Ronnie and Alves especially proven

They were very proven, Alves was already considered a top 3 RB in the world at worst. Ronie was already one of the world elite players. Both were far more proven than Dembele.
Ronnie price was a bargain at that time, Alves was very high though. But Dembele price is crazy. It is just that we desperately need him.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Just 54% with a treble and Laporta's half assed campaign bodes well tbh.

Also, Messi supposedly organized a dinner with the other players to discuss the board. If he goes to war with them, there's only going to be one winner.

54% after a treble, but also socis are more likely to be mobilized by actual elections than a vote of no confidence. Laporta's campaign was half assed then but this case isn't about other, more convincing presidential campaigns but rather an anti-Farto campaign. 10,000 votes at least, 66% voting against Farto (and that's if Benedito gets the signatures). We don't know how relevant this issue even is to the socis in Catalonia, elections raise much more public awareness.

I read the thing about Messi's dinner, dunno if the whole premise is true but I hope it is. We need more reports of Messi taking actions against the board to prove it tho. I also like that more and more ex Barca legends have been coming out against the board, we'll need all of that and then some by the time the vote comes around. End these bastards once and for all.

Sultan

Nosce te ipsum
54% after a treble, but also socis are more likely to be mobilized by actual elections than a vote of no confidence. Laporta's campaign was half assed then but this case isn't about other, more convincing presidential campaigns but rather an anti-Farto campaign. 10,000 votes at least, 66% voting against Farto (and that's if Benedito gets the signatures). We don't know how relevant this issue even is to the socis in Catalonia, elections raise much more public awareness.

I read the thing about Messi's dinner, dunno if the whole premise is true but I hope it is. We need more reports of Messi taking actions against the board to prove it tho. I also like that more and more ex Barca legends have been coming out against the board, we'll need all of that and then some by the time the vote comes around. End these bastards once and for all.

What time frame are we looking at?

Co0ter

Agree with 1st part, but he uses his right foot to shoot and his left foot to dribble. weird thing

Dembele and half dozen of other strikers refused to be on bench for MSN, it didn't make any sense for him. We made an offer and he forced his way to BVB.
The guy is talented, but he is one fucking bastard. Circumstances seem to always go on his way :lol:
Wanted to develop in BVB, gets that and then next year Neymar leaves and open space for his favorite club

They were very proven, Alves was already considered a top 3 RB in the world at worst. Ronie was already one of the world elite players. Both were far more proven than Dembele.
Ronnie price was a bargain at that time, Alves was very high though. But Dembele price is crazy. It is just that we desperately need him.

Ronnie was not already an elite WC player at PSG. He was very hot and cold and the coaching staff there weren't crazy about him, I watched a special on him. He only blossomed and blew up at Barca, it's where Dinho became Dinho.

khaled_a_d

Ronnie was not already an elite WC player at PSG. He was very hot and cold and the coaching staff there weren't crazy about him, I watched a special on him. He only blossomed and blew up at Barca, it's where Dinho became Dinho.

This is a statement that I totally disagree with

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans