11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Here goes my Dembele jersey, time to switch it up to No.11...

Q2STmoz.jpg

Givenchy

I'd regroup from Coutinho fast and sign another CM. Bunch of idiots though. Could have signed Bernardo for 50m. and we would be sitting well now with Dembele, Bernardo, Semedo, even with the Paulinho signing. 3 top rated young guns to rebuild the team.

Watched City - Everton when Bernardo Silva came on and he was excellent. Changed the face of the game. The 2nd Isco we missed.

I'd have taken Bernardo for 50m. than Coutinho for 140m. every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

This! i was thinking the same thing

krakdol

He is a world class player. If you dont watch football besides that´s your defect not ours. Dortmund best player.

Yes, he's severely underrated on this board. They're talking like they never saw him play in Dortmund but he was by far their best player and won some games singlehandedly. Bundesliga rookie of the year too, and one of the best in assists both in Bundesliga and UCL (2nd in assists in UCL)...

In last game for France he was the best player by a country mile and it's not a bad international team. The gulf with Neymar isn't that big and unlike Neymar he's only 20.

Last edited:
Yes, he's severely underrated on this board. They're talking like they never saw him play in Dortmund but he was by far their best player and won some games singlehandedly. Bundesliga rookie of the year too, and one of the best in assists both in Bundesliga and UCL (2nd in assists in UCL)...

In last game for France he was the best player by a country mile and it's not a bad international team. The gulf with Neymar isn't that big and unlike Neymar he's only 20.

I personally have not watched a lot of Dortmund at all over the past year. Can you tell me what his strengths are/how he compares with Neymar? Stylistically.

james baldwin

Yes, he's severely underrated on this board. They're talking like they never saw him play in Dortmund but he was by far their best player and won some games singlehandedly. Bundesliga rookie of the year too, and one of the best in assists both in Bundesliga and UCL...

Exactly. It's silly to compare 25 years to 20. But the difference is one always had the media and circus behind him and one doesn't. Neymar is 80% ability, 20% media invention. Dembele is 100% pure ability. No silly attention whoring on social media. Just a pure crack. Dembele is a better player at 20 than Neymar was at a similar age, regardless of what the latter did in the Brazilian league. I'm 80% convinced Dembele will have a better 1st season at Barcelona than Neymar did.

Windhook

Dembele is better than Neymar at that age. They both arrived at the club around the age of 20.

I'm repeating myself, but... Barcelona has the football brain in Messi and Iniesta, but were lacking the muscle in attack and Dembele, I believe and hope, will be the answer to that.

james baldwin

I personally have not watched a lot of Dortmund at all over the past year. Can you tell me what his strengths are/how he compares with Neymar? Stylistically.

I can tell you Dembele's strengths.

Very two footed player as has already been mentioned.

Insanely quick. One of the most explosive wingers in world football with the ball at his feet.

Underrated playmaker (since most people just want to talk about dribbling). He created more chances than any other Dortmund player last
season. Very underrated passer

High football IQ. Higher than Neymar's actually and more of a team player than Neymar. Dembele will form partnerships with other Barca players on the pitch quicker than Neymar could and ever did. This is actually very important because I always felt Neymar never created any real partnership with Iniesta or Alba for example

Crossing (initially weak at this). He tends to do more air crosses than Neymar and his crosses are very accurate. He's similar to Alexis Sanchez in that regard.

Finally, he's a world class dribbler and dribbles when he has to not for the sake of it. He doesn't waste his dribbles at all. High volume dribbler but also fairly efficient.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Dembele is better than Neymar at that age. They both arrived at the club around the age of 20.

I'm repeating myself, but... Barcelona has the football brain in Messi and Iniesta, but were lacking the muscle in attack and Dembele, I believe and hope, will be the answer to that.

Hmmmm, on the contrary, to me Dembele is much more brain than brawn...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans