11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BerkeleyBernie

He's also much more of a team player and will blend better with his teammates than Neymar could in Barca.

That's my perception as well. As much as Neymar brought, he also diminished the team in other ways. Iniesta, in particular, was essentially turned into a bystander on the left side attack.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Our game flows better without Neymar already and with the addition of Dembele there is the same star quality but with good team play

Neeraj

Neymar only passed to Messi. Period. Even when other players were in far better positions. Let's hope dembele doesn't get into the same mindset!

Interlop

His scoring abilities is what concerns me tbh. I hope he improves and bangs at least 15 league goals. Won't be hard with Messi supplying those GOD sent through balls.

BerkeleyBernie

I can tell you Dembele's strengths.

Very two footed player as has already been mentioned.

Insanely quick. One of the most explosive wingers in world football with the ball at his feet.

Underrated playmaker (since most people just want to talk about dribbling). He created more chances than any other Dortmund player last
season. Very underrated passer

High football IQ. Higher than Neymar's actually and more of a team player than Neymar. Dembele will form partnerships with other Barca players on the pitch quicker than Neymar could and ever did. This is actually very important because I always felt Neymar never created any real partnership with Iniesta or Alba for example

Crossing (initially weak at this). He tends to do more air crosses than Neymar and his crosses are very accurate. He's similar to Alexis Sanchez in that regard.

Finally, he's a world class dribbler and dribbles when he has to not for the sake of it. He doesn't waste his dribbles at all. High volume dribbler but also fairly efficient.

Yep, that's my initial assessment. And players always improve their pass accuracy within the first year of moving to Barcelona. Dortmund plays a more speculative style than Barcelona, so more missed forward passes are expected. I'd expect to see Dembele fine tune his passing in the near future.

George_Costanza

in page #300

giphy.gif

khaled_a_d

Our game flows better without Neymar already and with the addition of Dembele there is the same star quality but with good team play

Neymard was starting to do more defensive duty which Dembele lacks actually, also Neymar is just on another level atm tbf.
It is a downgrade tbh at least on short run, which we can't do anything about it because Neymar is the best in his position anyway.
The one thing that Dembele add is versatility, he gives us the option on both wings unlike Neymar, with Messi turning into false AM right now we don't need someone fixed on LW.

Yannik

So glad this is finally over. I wish him good luck at Barca, but I'm tired of him and I'm happy he's finally gone and BVB got decent money for it. For Dortmunds sake I hope they'll get Malcom now, but I think this late and with Qatari money curse it'll be hard to find anything really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans