11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

Status
Not open for further replies.

michelco

Hope he gets the patience he deserves to blossom here. Remember only 3 years ago he was playing divison 5 football in France, his journey has been like a rocket and it might be difficult mentally do deal with at some point.

George_Costanza

lol, we signed a fucking nobody for €150m.

Dembele is one of a kind talent and has the potential to reach Neymar level. Look how much he has developed in just 2 years at Dortmund & Rennes. He is the best replacement after losing Neymar, I can't think of any other names.

Yannik

[tw]901100505023356928[/tw]

This says that 105m are fix, 43m are bonusses of which €30m are considered "practically safe and attainable", €13m are dependend on how good he becomes.

BBZ8800

What about Dybala, that makes you hate him?

Horrible fit for our 433.
Where to play him, as long as we have Messi?

Plus, he is way too slow for my taste, for a star attacking player.

Plus, I am always cautios about players who perform awesome in Seria A.

Majority of stars from Italy are much weaker when they are transferred into Spain or England.

Dybala is a star signing to please fans.
From a sporting perspective, a bad fit for Barca and extremely expensive.

Laporta wanted Pogba the last time and now he is talking about Dybala.
Politics and buying votes.
Not too much different than buying Arda for the same reason.

Horatio

You're welcome
So glad this is finally over. I wish him good luck at Barca, but I'm tired of him and I'm happy he's finally gone and BVB got decent money for it. For Dortmunds sake I hope they'll get Malcom now, but I think this late and with Qatari money curse it'll be hard to find anything really.

How do you think he'll fare at Barca?

400m should keep psg etc away for the first few years but the buyout should at least be doubled with his first extension. Was hoping for at least 500m myself.

Why don't we put impossible buyouts on our players like madrid do? It's not like that means we're going to keep players prisoner if they really want to leave. Only QSG does that. But it would give us the ability to negotiate the price.

Last edited:

Yannik

How do you think he'll fare at Barca?

Hard to say. He IS good, he'll definitely not flop, but he's also still raw and question is how he'll step into Neymars foosteps, and he has a 135-150m€ pricetag written above his head.
If he doesn't do something special in the first 3 weeks, then people will quickly point their fingers at him.

I see some people here expecting a 1 to 1 Neymar replacement though, and that's nothing but ridiculously exaggerated. Dembélé is not even close to Neymars level (yet). He's 20, he shouldn't be compared to a top 3 player yet. He'll be great at Barca I think, but don't expect miracles right away from the start.

Last edited:

Ripsta

Very exciting signing, and still only a kid. Now to spunk the rest of the money on a midfielder to free Messi from dropping so deep.

clemente

Compared to Neymar he probably has less pace and can't dribble that well, which is expected because Neymar is probably the best in that area, finishing cannot possibly be worse than Neymars, he has good decision making for his age, which Neymar was questionable sometimes, hope he has good temper and is a proffessional instead of a diving brat, the things I will never miss about Ney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans