11 - Raphinha

Maradona37

Ah so now the argument is it is not about those that watch him every week but opposition fans.

Opposition fans who watch more than the players and fans of that club that season.
Do you think he deserved Fans POTY over haaland or de bruyne in 22-23?

it's a simple yes or no answer. Stop evading the question.

And if you say no, it blows apart the whole credibility of this award you are clinging to.

JamDav1982

Another strawman - never said he was poor.

He was good, to a point. His all-round game was mediocre as usual but he scored plenty of goals.

But he wasn't good to the point he's a 100m player, as you claimed. Especially as that one season is surrounded by long-term poor performance by him.

You're taking one outlier of a season and extrapolating it to show what he COULD be like if he joined Barca, in the face of all the negative evidence to the contrary.

I said 'pretty poor' your honour not poor.

''17 goals in the league, 1 in the FA Cup, 6 in the League Cup (one of which was a phantom goal in the final) and 6 in the EL.

So basically, even in his best season he was a cup player, and couldn't break 20 goals in the league. And given stats are all he has, that's pretty poor''

Maradona37

Anyway sorry for the personal attacks Jammy

Definitely no need for that. Was just getting frustrated with you refusing to acknowledge points and twisting what i was saying,

Maradona37

I said 'pretty poor' your honour not poor.

''17 goals in the league, 1 in the FA Cup, 6 in the League Cup (one of which was a phantom goal in the final) and 6 in the EL.

So basically, even in his best season he was a cup player, and couldn't break 20 goals in the league. And given stats are all he has, that's pretty poor''
Yeah that's maybe worded badly.

Maybe fairer to say he was good (in stats) but hyped up as most Man United players are.

Let's be honest, Rashford has been a media favourite since his debut. If he does something well it's gonna be blown out of all proportion.

JamDav1982

Yeah that's maybe worded badly.

Maybe fairer to say he was good (in stats) but hyped up as most Man United players are.

Let's be honest, Rashford has been a media favourite since his debut. If he does something well it's gonna be blown out of all proportion.

Rashford was slaughtered by media for lots of last season..

He doesnt get a free pass.

The vast majority were saying he was done there this time two years ago.

Maradona37

Rashford was slaughtered by media for lots of last season..

He doesnt get a free pass.

The vast majority were saying he was done there this time two years ago.
It depends who you talk to.

Certain segments slaughter him - certain ones are his mouthpiece eg that imbecile Henry Winter.

Ultimately a lot of people still see him as 'potential' - despite being 27 in a couple of months - and think he has far more ability than he does.

These Man United fans you're clinging to who talked of him as league POTY were the same fans who talked about him being as good as Mbappe before that - they get carried away. It's that simple.

JamDav1982

It depends who you talk to.

Certain segments slaughter him - certain ones are his mouthpiece eg that imbecile Henry Winter.

Ultimately a lot of people still see him as 'potential' - despite being 27 in a couple of months - and think he has far more ability than he does.

These Man United fans you're clinging to who talked of him as league POTY were the same fans who talked about him being as good as Mbappe before that - they get carried away. It's that simple.

Not 'clinging' to anything.

Man Utd fans were referred to show how much nonsense you were speaking about those that watched him week in week out two seasons back.

Man Utd fans are also harsh on their players. Works both ways.

If Rashford plays as he did two seasons back he is a 100m player. No doubt in my mind about that.

But as per the original point he can go between that and complete shite and it would be a gamble.. but one would take over likes of Raphinha.

Maradona37

Not 'clinging' to anything.

Man Utd fans were referred to show how much nonsense you were speaking about those that watched him week in week out two seasons back.

Man Utd fans are also harsh on their players. Works both ways.
Mate there's a thread on Redcafe from like 2017 with United fans saying Rashford is as good as Mbappe :lol:

They have negative fans like every club, like there are on here. But if you read Redcafe and Red Issue you will also see a lot of top red fans who make excuses for all their players and make them out to be better than they are. It depends who you talk to but they do have a lot of deluded, glass half full type fans. If you read their forums this is indisputable.

I mean there are fans on there who still, to this day, thought they could get a tune out of guys like Wan Bissaka, McTominay, Lindelof, Maguire etc.

Man United probably have the most deluded fans in Europe so you are on a slippery slope using them as some sort of authority.

JamDav1982

Mate there's a thread on Redcafe from like 2017 with United fans saying Rashford is as good as Mbappe :lol:

They have negative fans like every club, like there are on here. But if you read Redcafe and Red Issue you will also see a lot of top red fans who make excuses for all their players and make them out to be better than they are. It depends who you talk to but they do have a lot of deluded, glass half full type fans. If you read their forums this is indisputable.

I mean there are fans on there who still, to this day, thought they could get a tune out of guys like Wan Bissaka, McTominay, Lindelof, Maguire etc.

I couldnt care less if some of them claimed that 7 years ago or even 2 years ago.. it does not alter my opinion one way or the other on him.

Maradona37

Fair enough. I believe you are wrong, and his vast inconsistency and unprofessionalism over the years, as well as his and Man United's struggles and failure to ever get near competing for the PL and CL would appear to back me.

Let's revisit this if Rashford is ever a top performer in a team that challenges for the league title or the CL. Somehow I think there will be silence.

Maradona37

If Rashford plays as he did two seasons back he is a 100m player. No doubt in my mind about that.
He won't though. that is the point. It was a player playing well above his true level (in stats). That is abundantly obvious when you look at the rest of his career and his body of work.

He's a stats player first and foremost. He has never broken 20 PL goals and in all likelihood never will.

You are talking about him like h'es ready to explode (at the tender age of 27) into a Salah level talent.

Home of Barca Fans