11 - Raphinha

JamDav1982

Fair enough. I believe you are wrong, and his vast inconsistency and unprofessionalism over the years, as well as his and Man United's struggles and failure to ever get near competing for the PL and CL would appear to back me.

Let's revisit this if Rashford is ever a top performer in a team that challenges for the league title or the CL. Somehow I think there will be silence.

No that doesnt back you... believe it if you like though.

Him not taking Man Utd to league or CL has no relevance.

I am not even predicting he will 'take a team to league or CL' or that he will be amazing in future.. hence the gamble comment.

Maradona37

And you still haven't answered my question if Rashford deserves 'Fans POTY' over Haaland and De Bruyne in 22-23. Bringing up the veracity of that award.

I have a feeling you will never answer it to be honest.

JamDav1982

He won't though. that is the point. It was a player playing well above his true level (in stats). That is abundantly obvious when you look at the rest of his career and his body of work.

He's a stats player first and foremost. He has never broken 20 PL goals and in all likelihood never will.

You are talking about him like h'es ready to explode (at the tender age of 27) into a Salah level talent.

Maybe.. hence why it would be a gamble.

But two seasons back he was in my opinion and the gamble would be if can get that back and how much the pace could add to Barca team compared to likes of Raphinha.

Maradona37

No that doesnt back you... believe it if you like though.

Him not taking Man Utd to league or CL has no relevance.

I am not even predicting he will 'take a team to league or CL' or that he will be amazing in future.. hence the gamble comment.
He's just not as good as you are willing him to be. It's really that simple.

And if you ever (in this hypothetical scenario you brought up from nowhere which began this debate) bought Rashford, he would be a drain in wages and wouldn't be worth it on the park. It's a pointless debate though as will never happen.

Gnidrologist

Haven't read last 10 pages (seems there's mostly jamtalk(aye) there), just wanted to say one thing. He's very mediocre an pain to watch 90% of the time. It's good that he can compensate that with some crucial goals and assists here and there, but those mostly happen, when he has lots of space either on flank to give a sharp cross or can blast it down the middle, when nobody is challenging him.

He's overall creative ability is almost zero. Can't dribble at all. At best he can beat a single defender, when there's no backup and even that is 50/50, when he's in good form. Can't link up as he has no technique in tight spaces, shabby first touch and cannot into one touch passing. Even prepared passes are often miscued badly. He makes lot of body movement that has no effect and makes him loose the ball, often even without being tackled, just because he lets ball to far or in wrong direction. Also bad decision making.
His usefulness really hinges on being very active, having work rate that sometimes helps defense and until now, being somewhat clutch in la liga games against minnows. Don't hate him, but hard to like either.

Maradona37

Maybe.. hence why it would be a gamble.

But two seasons back he was in my opinion and the gamble would be if can get that back and how much the pace could add to Barca team compared to likes of Raphinha.
Well, for me, anyone who 'gambles' on Rashford is a fool and is wasting their money.

I never even mentioned Raphinha, I don't rate him. Sure Rashford might be better than him but it's not gonna move the needle at all.

JamDav1982

And if you ever (in this hypothetical scenario you brought up from nowhere which began this debate) bought Rashford, he would be a drain in wages and wouldn't be worth it on the park. It's a pointless debate though as will never happen.

Again... maybe not..hence why said gamble on what he could do given peaks of past.

So pointless a debate you get triggered and wade in claiming to watch more football.

JamDav1982

Well, for me, anyone who 'gambles' on Rashford is a fool and is wasting their money.

I never even mentioned Raphinha, I don't rate him. Sure Rashford might be better than him but it's not gonna move the needle at all.

The point was in relation to Raphinha that you respond to.

If you choose to ignore that part it is on you.

Maradona37

Again... maybe not..hence why said gamble on what he could do given peaks of past.

So pointless a debate you get triggered and wade in claiming to watch more football.
Fair enough laddie - I admit I almost burst a blood vessel with some of your Lampard-like deflections and twisting my words into straw men.

But overall it's been fun. Thanks for the laugh.

Maradona37

Oh and feel free to tell me who you think deserved the 22-23 Fans Player of the Year between Rashy, Erling and Kev. Was it, indeed, Rashy then?

JamDav1982

Fair enough laddie - I admit I almost burst a blood vessel with some of your Lampard-like deflections and twisting my words into straw men.

But overall it's been fun. Thanks for the laugh.

Not a single deflection.

Once you start with shite arguments like 'but I watch most football'.. thats way it goes.

No bother giggles.

Home of Barca Fans