14 - Javier Mascherano

Silver

I like touré more then mash. Touré could play like everywere on the field. CD, DM, midfielder, attacking midfielder. Also touré was tall so he was handy for corners :p and also touré has a good shot in his feet and often can score. Did you see his 2 goals?? For me it was sad to see Touré left. I do think it was because the pressure of his agent =/

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
How is that. Toure was Sergi's sub not the other way around.
Well, I know we (or everyone on the board) differs in opinion who was the starter last year so put it this way:

Yaya was the more complete and consistent one who was a fixed value in the squad while Busquets was the challenger who made a few mistakes. I don't want to compare the three players individually. Just that the same posts surfaced last year about Busquets "he is doing this wrong, makes that not good, not fitting in as much as other players, ..." while a year later it is all gone and Busquets is the standard now.

Sergio is obviously better than Mascherano now but we're still only december. Who knows happens the same to Mascherano and become both the standard next year. I think it is a bit early to tell yet, certainly for a new player. In general I think the conclusion for Mascherano now is: "a lot to go to reach Busquets abilities, but he surely proves to be more than just that tackler who gets a red card every two games."

Masch is better as a pure DM though.
Come on, we all know you just nicked that quote from Metaphysical ...

V

Valon

I think Machete will come good ( if he doesn't get bored staying on the bench and being Busquets Robin ) but we should've opted for someone else really. Machete is a world class DM and shouldn't be a bench player. Time will tell though.

Tomchin

I didn't see tonight's game, but i saw all his other games, and in most of those games he played brilliantly. So i m not sure where the criticism is coming from.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Badger's not been bad for us at all. he's done his job when he's had to and shown the creative side of his game is far superior than given credit for. I don't expect him to be firing on all cylinders for us yet, and frankly I'm amazed that one yellow card early on in a game that he then played well in (and showed more of his dogged cover skills in chasing down players who got in behind our full-backs) has caused all this hysteria.

:lol:

I guess folk just have to complain about something, eh?

i have nothing against masch but he is too good to be a back up and not good enough/suited for us to start. we should have saved ourselves a lot of money and signed someone like inler.

you really have some weird mancrushes.

Inler = not good enough for us.

Mascherano and Busquets will rotate at the DM position (already the situation is like last year with Busquets playing more Lliga than Copa and CL where Badger/Yaya feature more heavily) and probably Busquets will win out and feature more in the second half of the season because he's a better fit for us.

I still think away from home in huge clashes (especially in Europe) is where Mascherano will show his true worth. no way Inter could run through him like they did vs. Busquets in Sansa.

N

Neji1o

Masch is a one of the best or may be the best DM, but Busquets offer more to the team or to the system, so he will be the first choice. Masch is happy with the way things are going, he will be looking to win some titles and want to become a part of a great team. But i believe he can be as good as Busquets in few months.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
And he didn't even tackle through. He made a sliding, saw he didn't get the ball and tried to withdraw his tackle (didn't work because of the speed) and touched the Sociedadplayer with his hip or something.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
And he didn't even tackle through. He made a sliding, saw he didn't get the ball and tried to withdraw his tackle (didn't work because of the speed) and touched the Sociedadplayer with his hip or something.

A ridiculous booking, IMHO...Very early in the match, as well...And considering how little the referee even went for his cards after that, it's a mystery why he booked Javier but failed to do so to a host of other Sociedad players...Rivas, for example, must've taken down Barca players around a half dozen times yet the only player booked in the match was Mascherano on a phantom foul, if anything...I despise uneven refereeing like that

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
masch49jc.gif

I'm even inclined to say it's a bloody dive. :D

Home of Barca Fans