14 - Javier Mascherano

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
As much as I like Mascherano, I agree Yaya is the man for us... The thing is that Messi explicitly requested Javier so apparently that's why we are trying to get the guy... I wouldn't mind if he came, as long as we keep Yaya...

Moe

powered by;
I'd much rather have Yaya than Mascherano.

Masch advantages:
More aggressive
Reads the game better
Better positioning

Disadvantages:
Card machine
Total cock
Midget
No experience of La Liga/Barca system
Will be very expensive

Yaya advantages:
Physical strength
Faster (maybe not over 5 yards though)
Height
Knows La Liga/Barca system
Less injury prone
Doesn't pick up many cards
Better going forward

Yaya disadvantages:
Sometimes doesn't throw his weight around enough
Agent is annoying
Can't play with Keita

Sorry but I really fail to see the need to bring in Mascherano. It's an area which is totally covered already. That is certainly one area in which our squad is not thin, nor does it need improvement.

I agree with everything you mentioned except what I highlighted. Noway Toure is faster than Mascherano

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Is Mascherano then able to play with Keita? Cause I don't think that twat is much more creative than Yaya.

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
Is Mascherano then able to play with Keita? Cause I don't think that twat is much more creative than Yaya.

I just listed it as it is something we know regarding Yaya. I didn't put it as a plus for Masch as we don't know about him, although I'd be surprised if he's any better.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Yeah, it was a question on my part. (which I answered according to my own experiences but I'm open to suggestions because it wouldn't be the first time when I was wrong :D)

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
Whethter or not player A is better than player B, i really dont see a reason here to spend ressources on a swap between Toure and Masch.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Big mistake

what is?

you weren't a fan of yaya, if I recall?

anyway, badger can be surprisingly creative. and he certainly has the ability to drive the team forward if needs be. he's done it a few times for argentina and liverpool. not always successfully, but you can see the ability there.

I don't think badger is creative enough to offset keita's lack of it. but that's the brilliance of busquets! (which is why I don't think the yaya/keita problem is a valid reason to want rid of yaya).

it basically comes down to yaya's agent being a monstrous cock, him disappearing for a month every other year, and his lack of aggression on the field. these are the key reasons that pep allegedly wants to replace him.

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
We can argue about the better player, who's more creative, who fits our system but Masch is going to cost about £30 million in a swap deal plus more wages. In these troubled times with the world's financial meltdown and what have you I really would like us to save our cash in such a pointless swap.

House of Flies

all your bases belong to us
yaya toure is not a card machine but masch is?

geeze. yaya toure picks up almost the same number of cards as masch

masch may get it for tackles but yaya gets them for arguing.

Last edited:

Jesse1509

Detalles, detalles, siempre detalles
Mascherano is a good player, but Yaya's more useful for us, regarding his height and his attacking skills. Also, if we'd want to sign an aggresive defensive midfielder, I'd rather try to persuade Nigel de Jong into coming to Barça. He's about as good as Mascherano, perhaps as good, and he'll be cheaper than Mascherano, I think.

FlyLo

Mascherano is a good player, but Yaya's more useful for us, regarding his height and his attacking skills. Also, if we'd want to sign an aggresive defensive midfielder, I'd rather try to persuade Nigel de Jong into coming to Barça. He's about as good as Mascherano, perhaps as good, and he'll be cheaper than Mascherano, I think.

No.

Home of Barca Fans