14 - Javier Mascherano

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Everytime he makes a mistake it's the same ol' he sucks at CB jesus christ he has been playing there for 4 years already at top level, he is a fantastic CB and like any CB he fucks up. Why don't we say the same about Sergio Ramos when he screws up, and he does more than Masche you could argue. He was a makeshift cb years ago, but by now i think we could stop saying the same thing

Simple, Ramos doesn't play for us. And it gives us great joy to see him screw up.

CatalinR10

so it doesn't matter if you have 10-20 good games as a CB , as soon as you have 1 bad game you're suddenly not worthy of playing on that position .

Meh....

JamDav1982

Masch has had more MOTM performances in big games than he has had mistakes.

There isnt a CB in the world just now that plays the way Masch does and doesnt make mistakes.

Its like Valdes, you play a risky game accepting there will be errors from time to time but the benefits far outweigh the negatives in the long run.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Yeah masch and pique is still our best CB pairing. Some times mistakes happen. Both masch and pique can commit mistakes but which CB does not. And I don't want masch at dm because busi is better imo. Busi is the only who can even try to move the ball around and control the game. Masch iniesta and rakitic would give us no control, could be good for counter attacking but we can't always play like that. It is inevitable that we will have the ball more. So with busi we have better chances of creating chances imo. Of course busi has to be in top form too, he is doing very decent lately. I hope it continues and maybe improve a little bit.

G

Gasgas

In most of the big games we lost, masch has always had a huge error, or a big mistake that the other team wasted not punishing!

JamDav1982

In most of the big games we lost, masch has always had a huge error, or a big mistake that the other team wasted not punishing!

No he hasnt, that is not even close to being true.

Masch has been MOTM in a lot of big games and performed very well in the vast majority.

Arguably the worst performances over the last few seasons in big games have been without Masch in the side.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
When he plays well at CB, Masch receives little to no praise, but when he finally has a poor game at that position, he gets lynched. Enough with the kneejerking.

F

Flavia

Masch has had more MOTM performances in big games than he has had mistakes.

There isnt a CB in the world just now that plays the way Masch does and doesnt make mistakes.

Its like Valdes, you play a risky game accepting there will be errors from time to time but the benefits far outweigh the negatives in the long run.

I'd prefer to have a cb with a less risky profile. He has shown he can play at dm very well too, and he plays better there.

JamDav1982

I'd prefer to have a cb with a less risky profile. He has shown he can play at dm very well too, and he plays better there.

I like him as his distribution most of the time is brilliant. He passes the ball so quickly and early from the back. Also he reads the game better than anyone in the team and cover so often for full backs being high up the pitch. While he is also an organiser.

Appreciate I am in the minority but wouldnt swap him for the likes of Godin and he isnt better than any of the midfield starters.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Everytime he makes a mistake it's the same ol' he sucks at CB jesus christ he has been playing there for 4 years already at top level, he is a fantastic CB and like any CB he fucks up. Why don't we say the same about Sergio Ramos when he screws up, and he does more than Masche you could argue. He was a makeshift cb years ago, but by now i think we could stop saying the same thing

+1

And btw. Messi went too weak on that ball Masch crossed.
Also, never a penalty.

Kerrybai

I want to see him at DM more. Pleas Lucho please. We get all the best of Masch at DM without the odd mistake and lack of height.

JamDav1982

I want to see him at DM more. Pleas Lucho please. We get all the best of Masch at DM without the odd mistake and lack of height.

Hes not as good a DM as Busquets and is the only organiser/leader at back and reads game better than anyone else. He is having a very goo season at CB.

Home of Barca Fans