14 - Javier Mascherano

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
LMAO at Hamzah......I see through you mate!

We value JM at £25m, Barca's opening offer was £12m plus Hleb and Caceres in which they value at say £3m each.

Which we rejected. We want £25m in variable form. Which is of course negotiable and I do think both clubs will compromise and I reckon it will be £15m plus player(s).

I do agree now its a monopoly as no other club apart from Barca are in for JM. So they can low ball us but as Hodgson said last week he has no qualms in running down JM's contract unless there is an offer deemed good enough.

The opening bid was never just £12m though

How do you know that? 12million + Hleb + Caceres is a reasonable bid, Caceres and Hleb together is worth 10-15 million imo and 22-27 million is just about how much Mascherano is worth, considering the fact that he's stated publicly that he wants to leave, Liverpool aren't in a good position for challenging for any major trophies this season, he only has 2 years left on his contract, and we're the only club that's trying to sign him.

The offer doesn't incorporate Caceres though mate , it is 12 million plus Hleb , a player who we didn't show any interest in , he doesn't play any games for Barca and was poor at Stutggart , you just threw him in to sweeten the deal.

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
The source I read said it was 12 million plus Hleb and Caceres. And Caceres didn't play any games for us last season because he wasn't at Barcelona :lol:

You're basing all your arguments under the assumption that Barcelona only made their starting bid to unsettle the player, which isn't true.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Thing is Brent, you have the order mixed up. You seem to think that we offered 12 million, then javier got unsettled, then refused to play. It's actually javier was unsettled, we offered 12 million, javier refuses to play (which he would have done even if we didn't offer 12 million, as other clubs were interested)

AzaR

To unsettle a player that has apparently told Roy Hodgson he will not play another game for liverpool.

We dont need to unsettle him , he wants to move.

Hleb is worth nothing, i even think he is worth £3m to be honest, and is 29, he sucked badly at stuttgart aswell. i think we could get him for £20m but and players we offering Liverpool don't really need anyway,

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Ofcourse , but Barca knew 12 million was way below Liverpools valuation , anyone that believes Barca made that offer and expcted it to be accepted has their heads in the clouds. This bid was done for one thing and one thing only , to unsettle another clubs player , and it's worked.

You keep going on about 12 million. We offered Hleb and/or Caceres with it. So it's not 12 million really.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Hleb takes 3 million off the cash value though so its good to throw him in. He was useful for something in the end!

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
Hleb is worth nothing, i even think he is worth £3m to be honest, and is 29, he sucked badly at stuttgart aswell. i think we could get him for £20m but and players we offering Liverpool don't really need anyway,

It's better for Liverpool to get players instead of cash, they won't see any of the cash anyway.

Home of Barca Fans