14 - Javier Mascherano

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
Brentmeister has been reading too much of the Brit media who love to distort the meaning of "mes que un club" so that they can hold us to false moral values. MQUC relates to our political significance for Catalunya as a surrogate national team and the wider social significance of the club, it has naff all to do with the transfer market.

Shame on "Badger" (© Meta) for going on strike though, it does us no favours and will doubtless be used by Fleet Street's ignorant hacks as further ammunition against us

Brentmeister has been reading too much of the Brit media who love to distort the meaning of "mes que un club" so that they can hold us to false moral values. MQUC relates to our political significance for Catalunya as a surrogate national team and the wider social significance of the club, it has naff all to do with the transfer market.

Shame on "Badger" (© Meta) for going on strike though, it does us no favours and will doubtless be used by Fleet Street's ignorant hacks as further ammunition against us

You could say that about Liverpool though , there are historical differences with the city of Liverpool and the country and many Liverpool fans don't support England , but we don't proclaim ourselves as more than a club , it's Barca's choice to do so though.

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
Liverpool/Merseyside has never been more than a region within England. Catalonia has traditionally been part of a separate kingdom, as with many parts of Spain, especially when you consider the huge variations in culture and languages. This pathetic argument that Liverpool is somehow similar in context to Catalonia is hilarious. Some Liverpool fans don't support England because they're so closedminded and obsessed with the clubs former glory days.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Once very pro-Mascherano but I've remained on the fence with the badger in the last few seasons, tbh...Not overly ecstatic at the prospect of him potentially filling out the squadlist but will be happy to have a true DM who can make space disappear for the opposition.

We'll see I guess

Trequartista

The good
Accoring to BS.com Pool want 30m for him,after seeing the humiliation at city of manchester stadium,I wont be surprised if they ask for a huge sum.

Roy from Liverpool's official site
Javier isn't in the right frame of mind at the moment to play," Hodgson told his post match press conference.

"His head has obviously been turned by the offer from Barcelona but unfortunately, at the moment, the fee that the club thinks is the correct fee and the fee that is being offered is very far apart. Unless that can be resolved he might be unhappy for a long time to come.

"The discussions between Barcelona and the club are being held at high club level and as a result I don't want to say things that may or may not be true.

"I have got no wish to create headlines out of the Mascherano situation and it's not the first time that these things have happened.

"In fact, we have quite a lot of clubs at the moment suffering from players being courted by other clubs and players therefore being unhappy at being required to fulfil their contracts. It has happened to us now.

"This matter has developed over the last three days."

Roy agree's about Barca unsettling Mascherano , i'm not gonna win an argument about Barca being twats in this paticular situation against a forum of Barca fans , so i will respectfully bow out. I'm still right though.

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
roy is a big fat hypocrite then. why is it okay for liverpool to make clubs suffer when they offered for jovanovic?

this is the way football is..

Liverpool/Merseyside has never been more than a region within England. Catalonia has traditionally been part of a separate kingdom, as with many parts of Spain, especially when you consider the huge variations in culture and languages. This pathetic argument that Liverpool is somehow similar in context to Catalonia is hilarious. Some Liverpool fans don't support England because they're so closedminded and obsessed with the clubs former glory days.

Ofcourse not , but if you read some of the stuff from the Shankly era it is very very obvious the tension that exists. I wasn't trying to make a direct comparison , but there are similarities. Athletic Bilbao are more than a club in that case.

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
12 million + Hleb is a Piss poor offer for Machete tbh, every big club in world football would reject it.

He is one of the best in the world in his position

Home of Barca Fans