14 - Javier Mascherano

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
Ofcourse not , but if you read some of the stuff from the Shankly era it is very very obvious the tension that exists. I wasn't trying to make a direct comparison , but there are similarities. Athletic Bilbao are more than a club in that case.
Athletic Bilbao are unique. Neither are they like Barca, neither are they like Liverpool.
But of course they're more than a club, they only let basques play for them..

desoe

Some people say that it's pointless to make formal offers like this, but in this case it caused a fucking storm :lol:

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
Ofcourse not , but if you read some of the stuff from the Shankly era it is very very obvious the tension that exists. I wasn't trying to make a direct comparison , but there are similarities. Athletic Bilbao are more than a club in that case.

I'd say Athletic is certainly more than just a club, they have a very similar significance to the Basques as Barça does to the Catalans which is why Athletic - Barça games are usually giant love-ins :D

XaviMessiGirl

I hope this is over soon. He is useless to Liverpool now that he obviously doesn't want to be there. I still don't think Barca is the best place for him though, but he needs to go somewhere because Liverpool can't be paying someone who constantly wishes he was somewhere else.

Also, Barca is not intentionally trying to unsettle him, for one thing what would they gain from screwing over Liverpool?

This whole thing hurts my head considering my relationship with both sides. :(

K

King_Puyol

I dont really want a player as unprofessional as him.
Liverpool pay his wages and he refuses to play, they should dock him 2 weeks wages for that.

House of Flies

all your bases belong to us
FYI:
current market value for Mascherano: 26.000.000 €

thats a valuation of someone who wants to see out his contract... mascherano wants to get out and it possibly could be due to the fact that liverpool are weaker and he is getting old yet hasnt won shit.

thats a valuation of someone who wants to see out his contract... mascherano wants to get out and it possibly could be due to the fact that liverpool are weaker and he is getting old yet hasnt won shit.

getting old?, we's only been 26 for a couple of months, that is quite young for his position

Home of Barca Fans