14 - Javier Mascherano

XaviMessiGirl

I didn't say that what Masch is doing at Liverpool is right. I said that I don't care as long as it have nothing to do with me or my team - make the difference. And why should I really care as a member of BarcaForum? We want the guy and the guy wants to come. How exactly he's going to achieve it - it's completely a subject of details. Again - not our problem, it's Liverpool's.

And about your first question - it could happen, it could happen not. If he spends 3 or 4 years on highest level for us (as he did for Liverpool), than the investment would be good enough. If in 2014 or whatever he decides to do the same thing - who cares, the club will move forward anyway.

What I'm trying to point out guys is to stop with this hypocritical behavior like "oooh no - Masch is such a bad guy, Masch is a monster, Masch is the anti-christ" .. he wants out - he's doing whatever it takes. I don't see why you would care, if you're not a Liverpool supporter at first place. What I know is that Javier Mascherano is always giving his all for his club & country, so that's the only thing which matters for me right now.

I am a Liverpool fan :p but since you're not I see why you would feel differently.

But it's to be expected that people are angry over this, what if Liverpool decide to hold on to him and this all bites him in the ass? He's going to have nothing but a lot of angry fans - and possibly teammates - to deal with. Yeah you don't care about Liverpool, but if you did, I can't see why you would just sit there and watch that happen without being the least bit angry. Yeah I (and I'm sure most other Liverpool fans) am very grateful for all he has done, I mean frankly the midfield pretty much blows without him as shown in this past match, but if he's going to act like this then good riddance to him tbh.

Although personally, my main problem with him possibly coming to Barca has nothing to do with how he is treating Liverpool right now, but more of the fact that he is not a player that would take well to being benched, and if he becomes a regular starter because of that then there goes Busquets. And he is pretty yellow card happy but at least his skills balance that out, so I'm not too keen on criticizing him for that, but that is still something to consider. Would have rather Masch gone to Inter but that's not happening. I rate him high skill-wise but there are just so many other things to consider before deciding if he is best for Barca.

Chainsaw

Killahead
99% of defensive midfielders are yellow/red card prones. That's inevitable with their post. It's not just about Mascherano.

desoe

Although personally, my main problem with him possibly coming to Barca has nothing to do with how he is treating Liverpool right now, but more of the fact that he is not a player that would take well to being benched, and if he becomes a regular starter because of that then there goes Busquets

Now that's something which bothers me a lot and I've pointed out this situation many times before. I can't deny that I'm worried about the possible birth of another "Toure problem", because this scheme of Pep rotating the two DM's to figure out who's better, let's face it - it can't happen. Mascherano won't agree to take a part in this and he's absolutely not a player for a rotation policy, neither he's used to this. If you're going to sign Javier Mascherano, you have to do it with the idea to play him week in - week out. That's him. Which on the other hand leaves Busquets really fucked up. The guy who just became a world champion as a starter for Spain, someone who the majority of the cules are expecting to establish himself as our leading DM once and forever. That's a tricky situation, oh yeah. And sadly - I think it's impossible to have two happy men around, if they face the next day as teammates.

Having Busi and Mascherano in a same team sounds as a bad idea, because they're both designed to be starters right now. I was supporting the idea of Busquets becoming our first DM and buying a good back-up, but now everything leads to Masch. If the deal goes through, I'll follow with a huge interest how Pep is going to deal with this and keeping both of them happy.

Not Busquets.. He gets the other team a card.

:busquets:

This was epic :lol:

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
We've hardly unsettled or tapped up the lad as Andy Gray claimed on Sky yesterday, twat. Masch wanted to go last summer when we showed interest, and now he's cited family reasons for getting out either to Inter or to Barca. There's been nothing like the public hype and comments with the Cesc situation when we certainly did overstep the mark. He's unsettled because he wants to go.

House of Flies

all your bases belong to us
love it how he claimed that he wanted to shake ref's hands before he got substituted.

busquets for the win

Last edited:
W

wuzu

when Mash comes, that means he accepts whatever on the contract. even it says he'll be a bench player for 1 season.
we don't have to worry about that.
come on Mash just come already. Messi is waiting for u. :wave:

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
We've hardly unsettled or tapped up the lad as Andy Gray claimed on Sky yesterday, twat. Masch wanted to go last summer when we showed interest, and now he's cited family reasons for getting out either to Inter or to Barca. There's been nothing like the public hype and comments with the Cesc situation when we certainly did overstep the mark. He's unsettled because he wants to go.

As I predicted earlier, don't expect facts to get in the way of the slightest opportunity for the English media to harrangue us.

Home of Barca Fans