14 - Javier Mascherano

Barcafan 2304

Barca's behaviour in their pursuit of Mascherano has been disgraceful. He cost us £18M when we signed him. He has become a better player since he joined Liverpool. What on earth makes Barca think we will sell him for £12M + a Barca reject? Pay us his real value or get lost. Tapping up our players without agreeing a deal with the club is outrageous. But no surprise considering Barca's obscene pursuit of Fabregas. Like Arsenal, Liverpool should tell Barca to get stuffed until they start behaving with a bit more professionalism and dignity.

Oh hell, this is whats going to happen every time Barca make a move for an EPL based player. Mascherano has said he wants to leave, we then put in a bid for him. Whats wrong with that? As for Arsenal, they have proved what double standards exist from the average EPL fan. Castigated us for the Cesc saga yet clearly, Fulham feel they have acted somewhat dubiously in unsettling Schwarzer. i suppose thats ok though.

V

Valon

What? There's Liverpool fans who're as dumb as Arsenal fans? Never thought I'd see the day.

KluivertsBoots

I think that a refusal to play in any match whilst still under contract with a club is thoroughly unprofessional, but as far as I'm aware (and I'm prepared to admit I'm wrong if you can cite a previous example) he doesn't actually have a track record of being a disruptive influence.

This is being overblown. Hodgson said he made the decision to leave Masch out of the team because of the negotiations. It is perfectly normal to sit a player when advanced negotiations are taking place. This is just the English media stirring up drama.

K

King_Puyol

I think that a refusal to play in any match whilst still under contract with a club is thoroughly unprofessional, but as far as I'm aware (and I'm prepared to admit I'm wrong if you can cite a previous example) he doesn't actually have a track record of being a disruptive influence.

I dont have an example but the guy is obv a douche if hes refusing to play. He may not have been able to cause a fuss at Liverpool other than flouncing off when asked to play but that could be because him not even bothering to speak the language.

All indications are that Mascherano would be delighted personally and professionally to make this move. He onluy went to England in the first place because of Traffic and not because he thought he'd be happy there. Mascherano is like a big brother to Messi and also gets on well with Gaby. Plus, being Argentine, Masch understands how to play in a fluid system with creators in front of him.

Please stop pretending like you know the ins an outs of everything. wth has traffic got to do with anything lol

This is being overblown. Hodgson said he made the decision to leave Masch out of the team because of the negotiations. It is perfectly normal to sit a player when advanced negotiations are taking place. This is just the English media stirring up drama.

he refused to play that is a fact. according to graham hunter barca asked him to miss the game to help push through a move. Shameful for us. :(

this is the second time lately i didnt want us to sign a player lately the first was zlatan...

Chainsaw

Killahead
I doubt he'll be a problem at Barca unless he get stuck to the bench match after match. I think the problem he has with Liverpool right now is becaue he wants to get the hell out of England and Liverpool. Don't forget Liverpool is not Barca. Barca is the fav contender for every championship. Liverpool is far away from that. Speically now that they are in a stciky situation and lost important players.

Mhorf

I find it amusing that Mark Hughes is complaining about Arsenal unsettling Schwarzer after the Lescott transfer saga last season.

KluivertsBoots

Please stop pretending like you know the ins an outs of everything. wth has traffic got to do with anything lol...

It is a little thing called third party ownership. This is how Mascherano all of a sudden turned up at West Ham with Tevez out of the blue from Corinthians. Traffic is the same agency that sent Keirrison and Henrique to Barcelona from Brazil.

K

King_Puyol

It is a little thing called third party ownership. This is how Mascherano all of a sudden turned up at West Ham with Tevez out of the blue from Corinthians. Traffic is the same agency that sent Keirrison and Henrique to Barcelona from Brazil.

i dont know where you got "traffic" from because he was owned by Media Sports Investments not "traffic". So before you are all condescending make sure you get your facts right

You can continue calling me stupid , and you can continue to say i don't have a point , but you all seem to be missing what i have actually said , if you want to find it go look for it , if you don't then that's your choice , but if you aren't willing to check the points i have made , don't enter a debate when you don't know the basis of someone else's argument.

Don't really take to being called stupid by someone who hasn't even understood my point. I haven't agreed with many people's points , but i haven't resorted to name calling which is a tad childish.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
So what is your point? I've read your posts but you don't seem to have much of a concise argument, merely a misunderstanding of what our club motto means and an ignorance of how negotiation processes work. You're acting like a WUM

XaviMessiGirl

Did Liverpool have a training-session today? If so, did Mascherano take part in it?

Not that I am aware of, there is nothing further on Liverpool's site about him, but we will see what happens when they play Trabzonspor on Thursday. Strangely enough, he was injured for the first leg of that though...

Home of Barca Fans