14 - Javier Mascherano

K

King_Puyol

anyone who thinks barca haven't tapped up Mascherano is naive. it happens all the time.

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
Exactly Hamzah. Inter had been lurking around him well before us this summer. His mrs wants out as does he. Now bids are coming in he's become even more unsettled.

How we can be criticised for making an offical bid is beyond me. How else are we expected to buy him? If he gets too distracted to play because a formal bid is placed that's his problem. It's hardly some unethical tool to unsettle the player, the amount we bid is irrelevant.

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
You shouldn't have a problem with Barca. If you are angry then direct it to Mascherano and your owners. Everyone knows that you are broke so you will sell in the end as you can't afford to pay his wages if you don't play him. Barca and Inter will wait and Javier will do the rest for us.

You shouldn't have a problem with Barca. If you are angry then direct it to Mascherano and your owners. Everyone knows that you are broke so you will sell in the end as you can't afford to pay his wages if you don't play him. Barca and Inter will wait and Javier will do the rest for us.

I've given my opinion on this , it's getting boring , to be honest no one could come close to the anger i have for the owners. I like Barca , just not in this paticular episode.

XaviMessiGirl

If the rest of Liverpool's fans are as deluded as their representatives on here you clearly have the owners you deserve.

Hey now. :(

I don't count, right? :lol:

how is it barca's fault that he wants out???

I think the only problem here is that the bid was made right before a match, otherwise the fans wouldn't care and see it as just a bid. It was just bad timing, imo it is highly unlikely that Barca was purposely trying to screw Liverpool over v. Man City. What would they possibly get out of that? They're not any more likely to get him now than they would have if they had made the bid after the match as no one else is really in the running for him, so that's not the reason. All it is was bad timing, and I don't see it as Barca's fault at all, but Mascherano's for being a douchebag and not playing when he's not even sure he's leaving yet.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
What makes me laugh is brentmeister's anger was stoked by the idea that we had bid £12m and Gleb. And that kinda made sense. But since it's come out that we offered £18m and Gleb he really has no leg to stand on as that's a perfectly acceptable opening offer.

Must have some sand in his vagina.

What makes me laugh is brentmeister's anger was stoked by the idea that we had bid £12m and Gleb. And that kinda made sense. But since it's come out that we offered £18m and Gleb he really has no leg to stand on as that's a perfectly acceptable opening offer.

Must have some sand in his vagina.

Brilliant. How poor is that. It was 16 million plus Hleb who is shite. My leg is still planted on the deck.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
It's awfully shortsighted to fault Barca in the Mascherano transfer 'saga', IMHO...If we were discussing a player with less controversial of a history when it comes to transfers, then maybe...But we're not, we're talking Mascherano...His history in football has been marred with shaky transfers

As for this particular 'tap up' consider the player has been lobbying for a move since last summer and up until very recently, still in Inter's crosshairs...And with the transfer window rapidly closing, the timing of Barca's bid is immaterial at this point...The player, however, refusing the play is, again, on the player...Not the bidding club...Hodgson failing to include Javier in the squadlist for European competition in it of itself reflected the reality that the club is looking to move the player

So if 'pool fans are upset, direct your anger at the player, not the club that will compensate you for the loss

K

King_Puyol

As i've said , i have made my stance on this clear. On a side note , there's nothing better than seeing someone acting the big man on an internet forum , it's only the internet ffs. If you think that 16 plus Hleb is an acceptable offer you need to wipe the bubblegum off your elbow.

Its not like Liverpool have never tapped up a player before. everyone does it so stop being a hypocrite. Liverpool are nothing these days.

Home of Barca Fans