14 - Javier Mascherano

Barcafan 2304

Please don't be so naive. Barca put in an offer which they knew would be rejected. Why the hell would we take £12M plus 2 Barca rejects? Great deal for Barca who want to get rid off two unwanted players on their already high wage bill, not so great for Liverpool who are already crippled with debt.
We have already told Barca the asking price. If they don't want to meet that valuation then they should no longer bother us. That Barca appear to have agreed a deal in principle with Mascherano before agreeing a price with Liverpool certainly indicates he has been tapped up, which led to his disgraceful decision to not play in order to force a move through.
Don't pretend Barca have been entirely angelic in this whole episode, you would feel very differently if a Barca player was behaving like this.

How am i being naive? The point is Liverpool fans have jumped on a bandwagon created by Arsenal after the Cesc saga and are busy shouting 'not fair' at us. Beside the sheer hypocrisy of big EPL clubs trying to claim any moral high ground, how can Barca be faulted for making a decent offer for a player who has said he wants away? We teated the water with a reasonable bid (not the 12million you allude to) and no doubt, that will be increased. All part and parcelof transfer procedure. By the way, it is very dangerous to presume he has been tapped up. That is all rumour and conjecture.

By the way, if a Barca player acted like this, his loss. Id sell him for as much as possible or a reasonable fee and move on.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Question of hours my ass. I don't want us to submit to extortionate demands. Better put faith in our kids. Worked great so far.

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
I have this horrible image in my head of mash tackling iniessta/ xavi in training...

a part of me is yelling get him yea get him get him.... but something in me makes me think... dont spend the money.. stick with la masia.. it has served u well..

i just dont know anymore

XaviMessiGirl

How am i being naive? The point is Liverpool fans have jumped on a bandwagon created by Arsenal after the Cesc saga and are busy shouting 'not fair' at us. Beside the sheer hypocrisy of big EPL clubs trying to claim any moral high ground, how can Barca be faulted for making a decent offer for a player who has said he wants away? We teated the water with a reasonable bid (not the 12million you allude to) and no doubt, that will be increased. All part and parcelof transfer procedure. By the way, it is very dangerous to presume he has been tapped up. That is all rumour and conjecture.

By the way, if a Barca player acted like this, his loss. Id sell him for as much as possible or a reasonable fee and move on.

This is nothing like Cesc, I have no idea why Liverpool fans are comparing the two. Even if I wasn't also a Barca fan, I wouldn't accuse Barca of anything, this is how things work, and nobody takes notice of it until it's happening to THEIR CLUB.

And I agree, I don't care who you are, even if Torres, Messi, or someone else I hold in high regard acted like this, wanting to leave and refusing to play, I'd kick him to the damn curb. We don't need that kind of infestation.

I have this horrible image in my head of mash tackling iniessta/ xavi in training...

a part of me is yelling get him yea get him get him.... but something in me makes me think... dont spend the money.. stick with la masia.. it has served u well..

i just dont know anymore

The fact is, he needs to GTFO of Liverpool, he has no business being there anymore, but just not to Barca imo. But the options are running out and that may be the only one. This whole thing is not cool at all.

diegomessi

those liverpool fans who are moaning need to realize something

he wants out and isnt going to play for the club and has showed very very bad things to pool
the window is closing soon
and what options does he have other then Barça? (inter? prolly not)

that is why we made such small offers.. bc we know liverpool dont have a lot of options now..

if another team was really going for them they could start a bidding war.. but liverpool really dont have alot of option which really sucks for them and is unfair so be mad at mash not us

diegomessi

thay may be true... and the right thing.. however at least u will prolly get some money

of course.. i can def seee nothing happening and him sitting the stands until january

jamrock

According to sport mascherano has taken it one step further and has refused to play again for liverpool, is this true?.

Pepe Silvia

Never be mad at Masch. He is about as good as it gets and he could never be wrong about anything. Just look at the way he tackles! You think anyone who tackles like that is ever wrong... about anything?!

XaviMessiGirl

According to sport mascherano has taken it one step further and has refused to play again for liverpool, is this true?.

Since it's Sport, I'm not taking it seriously yet, but if it is...

2ym95b8.jpg

Nando says it best.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife

Serious gauntlet being thrown down...But my oh my, why would any Barca fan want a player who would pull shenanigans like this, eh?

Chainsaw

Killahead
16m + Hleb is more than enough for Liverpool. Just because Hleb couldn't make it in Barca doesn't mean that he's shit. He was a star in Arsenal and he can do the same with Liverpool. The problem is with their english way of thinking: "WE ARE THE BEST! WE DESERVE THE BEST BLAH BLAH"!!

Home of Barca Fans