19 - Lamine Yamal

JamDav1982

Messi played vs Juventus in the Gamper in 2015 and ruined them. That was a super-strong Juventus side. This is the equivalent of Lamal playing vs Inter and making them look like clowns.

Not saying it's not possible that Lamal is such a big talent to warrant Messi comparisons, but the sample size is super-small and made of not so good teams.

You miss the point completely there.

No one is comparing him to Messi... the point being made is that even a Messi level talent would have some doubting how much can contribute now let alone Yamal.

serghei

You miss the point completely there.

No one is comparing him to Messi... the point being made is that even a Messi level talent would have some doubting how much can contribute now let alone Yamal.

I know, but there's nothing to indicate that is the case. All people here almost recognize him as a top tier talent and just want the club to be smart about his playing time.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Yamal is not comparable to Messi as a talent but then again who is? He is however by far the biggest attacking talent from La Masia since Messi.

Elite/World Class potential.

Porque

Raphinha loses his starting position, and seems he would be open to a move. Might be pretty suggestive to Deco, ur new SD, advices too considering he was his agent. Plus he has 2 years under his belt so may feel like he gave it a proper go here, unlike say Kessie who you could tell wanted another season or so here when forced out.

Wage not too high, good numbers last season, right age and decent credit in the Premier League. Seems a pretty simple move provided he doesn't absolutely tank this season or get a long term injury.

Might not got the huge fee we would all want, coz well we are Barca, but I reckon a sale is extremely feasible.

serghei

Raphinha so far was on the bench for just one game that he was available in. Just wait some time and we'll see the situation 2-3 months from now as the big games start to come.

JamDav1982

I know, but there's nothing to indicate that is the case. All people here almost recognize him as a top tier talent and just want the club to be smart about his playing time.

Not just about playing time when it is scoffed at him ever starting ahead of Raphinha who is made out to be vastly superior player at moment.

Also you have been going on for days about how some 'never learn' when over rating players like Lamal and claiming will be next Fati etc.

serghei

I'm advocating for caution with Lamal, that's it. Not my problem if some have difficulties in realizing what that means. If some believe he can start already, by all means start him and if he shines through and has a top season at 16, then I was wrong.

If not and he fizzles out in the bigger games, then he was clearly not ready. Quite simple.

JamDav1982

You have been saying he is 4/5 years away from first team, his body type cant take first team football, Raphinha vastly superior on ability, shouldnt start games and folk are over rating Lamal in same way did Fati and never learn.

Now have it as 'all see him as top tier talent and just want his minutes managed'.

Kul_z

Yamal is not comparable to Messi as a talent but then again who is? He is however by far the biggest attacking talent from La Masia since Messi.

Elite/World Class potential.
No one. We aint strucking messi like talent in our lifetime, to struck twice in 20 years is some black magic shit from which we would suffer for another 50 years.

JamDav1982

I'm advocating for caution with Lamal, that's it. Not my problem if some have difficulties in realizing what that means. If some believe he can start already, by all means start him and if he shines through and has a top season at 16, then I was wrong.

If not and he fizzles out in the bigger games, then he was clearly not ready. Quite simple.

'Fizzles out in bigger games'.

What are the biggest games and who do Barca have to play in his place that have been good in the big games already?

Has Raphinha performed in the biggest games?

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
2020 Fati or current Yamal???
That‘s the best comparison IMHO. Still would take Lamine over Fati but only just - very similar emergences except, for me, Yamal was more extraordinary in youth categories. More singularly spectacular with his skill level

Perhaps Ansu’s success early with senior team paved the way for other young Masía kids like Gavi et al. But it is unprecedented to see 16 year olds doing this at this level. As I have mentioned before, Yamal has a similar playing profile to Neymar on the right whereas Fati was doing this coming in from the left where he was more a collective minded player despite showing goalscoring prowess.

Individual ability to make a difference, Lamine has been like this for longer than Ansu and that left foot of his is the closest thing I have seen to Leo’s. He is an unreal talent IMHO and unlike Ansu who we go to know personality wise a bit, I know next to nothing about the kid’s personality/ambition as a footballer.

Will he succumb to pressure, fame, fortune & women? Hopefully he will be managed well because I doo see an aspect to his playing style that suggests he craves to make the difference yet unselfish team player. Much to be excited about with him

Imagine if Ansu hadn’t torn his meniscus eh? What a pair of wide talents we’d be rocking for the next decade

Home of Barca Fans