20 - Dani Olmo

companyofcules

It clearly that Pedri would not be able to do same things like Olmo vs Germany and France. Scoring important goals and assists. Both Germany and France play it rough and that is not a game for Pedri. He would've been subbed off for Olmo anyway in second half.

Maybe he would turn into prime Zidane or something but that chance is too slim. He hasn't done that in any KO stages of his career yet.
Pedri it;s a fucking holding midfilder. What are all of you on about? You judge Pedri based on your own delusions as for De Jong. Just because some idiots said Pedri is the Next Iniesta or De Jong is the Next Iniesta that doen't mean they should fucking be the next Iniesta or Zidane or Messi or whatever idiotic ideas you believe or came with by yourself. Olmo it's fucking average on his position, Pedri is not on his possition. Olmo is not top 10, Pedri it is. Who the fucking hell wil put Olmo in top 10 attacking players? Nobody. Pedri has a chance to be top 10 at midfilding in the center with all his bad luck.
Stop fucking peddling low iq.

companyofcules

By the way, you can compare Olmo with Iniesta, not as talent but as position and even so you should go for old Messi since Iniesta was way more versatile. But then you have to demolish Gundogan, who is the one who is Olmo at Barcelona.

vegitot

Because olmo had shown he could score import goals In those kinda games before these games?.

You can only take advantage of the situation that's in front of you, there is a reason he's probably the 2nd name on the team sheet when fit, probably 3rd now with yamal.

But okay.
Olmo played in their last group stage game and provided a great assist to Ferran. He scored in RO16 when he replaced Pedri in second half. Then his performances vs Germany and France.

Honestly i just can not see Pedri would have done anything on par with Olmo vs Germany and France. It is not just lack of goal scoring ability. It is also about dynamism, energy. Olmo gives Spain more than Pedri. He also carries the ball in central area much more. Pedri is good carrier but not try much with his carries, thus didn't progress the ball.

And the reason for Olmo is second choice, is that De La Fuente simply rates Pedri's talent higher, which is right. But being more talented doesn't mean a better player.

companyofcules

By the way his stats are not that bad, a bit low on the assists and a bit too advanced to take over the role of the numer 8 and for fucking all hell Olmo it's not a 10 the caliber Barcelona had or needs. but I don't like Gundogan that much to refuse to see your beloved Olmo be the next Iniesta or Messi.

Last edited:

vegitot

Pedri it;s a fucking holding midfilder. What are all of you on about? You judge Pedri based on your own delusions as for De Jong. Just because some idiots said Pedri is the Next Iniesta or De Jong is the Next Iniesta that doen't mean they should fucking be the next Iniesta or Zidane or Messi or whatever idiotic ideas you believe or came with by yourself. Olmo it's fucking average on his position, Pedri is not on his possition. Olmo is not top 10, Pedri it is. Who the fucking hell wil put Olmo in top 10 attacking players? Nobody. Pedri has a chance to be top 10 at midfilding in the center with all his bad luck.
Stop fucking peddling low iq.
Ok but what does it relate to this Euro? I'm talking about their performances. You see Pedri in this Euro and claim he is top 10 player?

companyofcules

Ok but what does it relate to this Euro? I'm talking about their performances. You see Pedri in this Euro and claim he is top 10 player?
I don't claim Pedri is top ten overall. I will be an idiot, but he can be a top 10 central mid and he was at least for one year top 5. He can never be what you want from him because that is a fantasy made by some guys who that told me Griz is the best striker in the world, de Jong is Iniesta.

companyofcules

I am tired. Have fun but please respect the players for what they are, not what the hype told you they are. Pedri lacks explosion, power to be anywhere near the box, only a mad man will believe otherwise. Yes he has some dribbling but nowhere near Iniesta level. Hope it helps.

Maradona37

It seems like there's a lot of conflicting views on here from Barca fans, as to whether Pedri is a central midfielder, a number 10, or a hybrid. A lot of you guys can't come to a consensus on it.

Like I said (and it's the impression you get from watching him) he's a hard guy to define.

Anyway, this is the Olmo thread and he deserves a lot of credit for the last two games in particular, he's been great.

vegitot

I am tired. Have fun but please respect the players for what they are, not what the hype told you they are. Pedri lacks explosion, power to be anywhere near the box, only a mad man will believe otherwise. Yes he has some dribbling but nowhere near Iniesta level. Hope it helps.
No one say he is Iniesta. It is clearly that he is not similiar to Iniesta (playing style).

vegitot

It seems like there's a lot of conflicting views on here from Barca fans, as to whether Pedri is a central midfielder, a number 10, or a hybrid. A lot of you guys can't come to a consensus on it.

Like I said (and it's the impression you get from watching him) he's a hard guy to define.

Anyway, this is the Olmo thread and he deserves a lot of credit for the last two games in particular, he's been great.
Pedri plays role 10 for Spain this Euro and likely to play the same role for Flick next. Xavi also played him in this role quite a lot.

I think Pedri is still at heart a 10. However he needs to make some changes to be among the world best. And of course injuries.

Maradona37

Pedri plays role 10 for Spain this Euro and likely to play the same role for Flick next. Xavi also played him in this role quite a lot.

I think Pedri is still at heart a 10. However he needs to make some changes to be among the world best. And of course injuries.
Fair enough mate. He always seemed more of a CM to me, but I acknowledge you guys have seen him far more than I have as I am not a Barca fan.

I am upvoting most posts - even conflicting ones - since most people are putting forward decent points and I respect that.

companyofcules

No one say he is Iniesta. It is clearly that he is not similiar to Iniesta (playing style).
Oh but they did for 4 years now
So why are we talking about him not playing well as an 8 or 10 if he is not similar? Of course Olmo should be better. Is he Barcelona level? Now that is a question only the fans of Gundogan should respond. So you want Olmo over Gundogan?

companyofcules

Well they can play whatever they want but they should not expect Messi level performances who is probably the last true 10 in decades.

Home of Barca Fans