20 - Dani Olmo

JamDav1982

Xavi is as much to blame for the DM situation as any of them really.

He was allowed a lot of say on who Barca signed and spent a fair bit of money on players outwith DM.

Could easy be he would still like Zubi but couldnt get him and no DM arrived.

Zubimendi ahead of Gundo/Romeu last season would have made a lot more sense but seems like he didnt want to move regardless.

Masetro10

Would we be better off trying to negotiate the 60m BO on Zubi then the 60m Olmo fee?

I have high hopes for Bernal but don't see either he or Casado being solutions next season for important games.
When will people accept that you can have 500m euros but if Zubimendi doesn't want to leave he cannot be forced. Same thing as you can tell Raphinha and FDJ they have offers for 50 clubs but if they refuse to leave it's pointless.

JamDav1982

When will people accept that you can have 500m euros but if Zubimendi doesn't want to leave he cannot be forced. Same thing as you can tell Raphinha and FDJ they have offers for 50 clubs but if they refuse to leave it's pointless.

Indeed.. but part of the job of a club is to try and persuade him the move is correct one and identify others if cant make it happen.

Barca it seems more or less got rejected by him early doors and signed Romeu/Gundo for around same cost on books.

Porque

Have we ever tried to sign him with money in the bank?

JamDav1982

Having 60m in the bank wont stop them had tried and he gave green light.

They would take a loan out if Sociedad wanted the full clause and thats what was needed.

Porque

Well we know Xavi wanted him but no cap space last term.

I don't think we ever genuinely made a signing effort to see where Zubi stands, like with Nico this summer for example.

Masetro10

Indeed.. but part of the job of a club is to try and persuade him the move is correct one and identify others if cant make it happen.

Barca it seems more or less got rejected by him early doors and signed Romeu/Gundo for around same cost on books.
I agree with you.

Barca is in a state of disfunction sadly. If we don't want Olmo ok cool. But to start flailing about for Zubimendi who I see about 0 rumors about these days is probably hopeless. I also have 0 trust in Deco. Remember this is the guy who signed off on Roque. Alemany was much much better.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Xavi spoke publicly about his admiration for Zubimendi. Was reported heavily that he had spoken to him and tried to convince him to join us.
Zubimendi obviously denied ever talking to him for obvious reasons as that'd land us in trouble and his own club wouldn't like that being publicized.

It just never happened and as I see it there's only two reasons. One being Zubimendi not wanting to leave his club or Barca/Laporta not wanting to sign him. Lots of things you can blame Xavi for, but I don't think this is it.

Masetro10

I don't think we ever genuinely made a signing effort to see where Zubi stands, like with Nico this summer for example.
Could be true. Maybe we just sit on the transfer budget and get nobody this year. Maybe pay FDJ deferred wages so we can open up FFP space. Try again next summer.

JamDav1982

Thats not quite true. His cost on the books would have been probably less than Romeu/Gundo combined are.

Barca have absolutely tried for Nico this summer and where he stands.

khaled_a_d

Would we be better off trying to negotiate the 60m BO on Zubi then the 60m Olmo fee?

I have high hopes for Bernal but don't see either he or Casado being solutions next season for important games.

Will Zubimendi leave? It us a weird situation.
He is 25, not a prospect anymore.

His name always come with big clubs like us, Bayern, Arsenal & Chelsea. And yet not a single serious talks with him.

Something doesn't add up, either he wants to stay put or big clubs actually agree he is not good enough.

JamDav1982

Could be true. Maybe we just sit on the transfer budget and get nobody this year. Maybe pay FDJ deferred wages so we can open up FFP space. Try again next summer.

Paying his deferred salary now would not help as whatever paid would count on the FFP anyway.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I could live with not signing a DM if they managed to sort out their priority at the LW, or the other way around.

Right now it seems like we're not going to sign a starter at either position which sucks.

Home of Barca Fans