20 - Dani Olmo

TheStig

so at least it's not just a knee jerk reaction to his euros performance.
Yes, it a reaction to him being Catalan. We would never buy him now if he was from anywhere else.

The signing of Dani Olmo also shuts down any dream of us signing Florian Wirtz or Jamal Musiala in the future, even though it was probably never going to happen anyway :lol:

Wrong passports.

JamDav1982

Xavi was full of excuses and tried to play the political game.

Laporta caught on to it and binned him.

Was a shit show all round but correct decision in the end.

There are ways to say it will be tough but I believe in payers etc.. rather than just sending out warning to fans who expect to compete.

Other issues such as his back room staff being unqualified.. as many used to point out.. worked against him and he refused to budge on it.

Reactions: BJJ

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

The signing of Dani Olmo also shuts down any dream of us signing Florian Wirtz or Jamal Musiala in the future, even though it was probably never going to happen anyway :lol:

Neither of those would be worth the money needed to get them anyway. Musiala maybe, with a year left at say sub 70m would be worth a punt.

But need to be very very careful with expensive attacking signings from the Buli. Only need to look at the history, lots have flopped. Kolo Mauni, Dembele. It's just a ridiculously easy league to score goals in. Atalanta exposed that with their dismantling of all conquering Leverkusen, with Adamola Lookman of all people.

Wirtz in particular has 100m flop written all over him.

JamDav1982

Musiala is class and improves any team.

Seen it with national team and in Europe. No team will have any worry about him

Real are very strong at moment in identifying players 1 or 2 years out from end of contract and starting to negotiate with them.

Barca never ever think that far ahead for these players. The nature of the way boards work it is more about instant players and success to get benefit of in own time.

Real by all accounts believe Trent AA and Davies will join them for free next season.. that is 150/200m worth of players and long term planning if can pull it off.

Loki

Leipzig want €60M guaranteed/fixed, while Barcelona believe the fixed value should be around €50M/€55M. Ongoing talks between the clubs.
@FabrizioRomano

Gonna go through this week I think. They will meet at €55m fixed and €5m very easy achievable boni I expect. I'm still against this transfer, because we have 5 OM players in the squad, but what can you do, Laporta wants his hype transfer....

Co0ter

Leipzig want €60M guaranteed/fixed, while Barcelona believe the fixed value should be around €50M/€55M. Ongoing talks between the clubs.
@FabrizioRomano

Gonna go through this week I think. They will meet at €55m fixed and €5m very easy achievable boni I expect. I'm still against this transfer, because we have 5 OM players in the squad, but what can you do, Laporta wants his hype transfer....
Rather sign no one for sure. Buy a player when we have 4-5 players that can already play that position decently. Save it for a LW in the winter or next summer. Signing Cancelo for 18-25 would also be awful, especially considering Valle has looked great and Forte is promising. Not to mention Kounde and Araujo aren't going anywhere.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Would think Barca youth player who was one of the best players in Euro would garner more excitement about potential return.

I can understand people wanting a classic winger but Olmo is a class player and wide options are available with other players (Balde/Cancelo).

Loki

Would think Barca youth player who was one of the best players in Euro would garner more excitement about potential return.
Yeah the problem is his stats are not that great in Leipzig in a weaker league. These are his injuries in the last 3 seasons. Tage = days in german.
And last season he scored 8 goals with 5 assists in 25 games. Second to last season 5 goals, 11 assists in 31 games. No stats to be hyped about.

Screenshot 2024-08-04 172242.png

Raketa10

Yeah the problem is his stats are not that great in Leipzig in a weaker league. These are his injuries in the last 3 seasons. Tage = days in german.
And last season he scored 8 goals with 5 assists in 25 games. Second to last season 5 goals, 11 assists in 31 games. No stats to be hyped about.

View attachment 10675
Those are far better stats than Pedri's. :lol: With Olmo we would get a top player who can play in 3 different positions and who knows how to shoot the ball.

akaranzo

I can understand people wanting a classic winger but Olmo is a class player and wide options are available with other players (Balde/Cancelo).
Hell no lmao. Falling for hype from an international tournament is the most rookie mistake you could make. Olmo is an injury prone, slightly above average player overall and anything over 50mil is an insane overpay for him. And on top of that we are STACKED in attacking midfielders. We need a proper left winger and a DM, not another injury prone AM. If you support this signing you are legit wishing for our downfall.

Raketa10

Hell no lmao. Falling for hype from an international tournament is the most rookie mistake you could make. Olmo is an injury prone, slightly above average player overall and anything over 50mil is an insane overpay for him. And on top of that we are STACKED in attacking midfielders. We need a proper left winger and a DM, not another injury prone AM. If you support this signing you are legit wishing for our downfall.

What a dumb statement. Did you ever watch this kid except on you tube? if he is hyped than we can say the same about Nico.

Home of Barca Fans