20 - Dani Olmo

JamDav1982

Will Zubimendi leave? It us a weird situation.
He is 25, not a prospect anymore.

His name always come with big clubs like us, Bayern, Arsenal & Chelsea. And yet not a single serious talks with him.

Something doesn't add up, either he wants to stay put or big clubs actually agree he is not good enough.

He has only really been sought after by those type of clubs or at least linked last summer.. when he wanted to stay for CL and then this summer that has a way to go.

Not a huge amount of time rejecting moves.

JamDav1982

Xavi spoke publicly about his admiration for Zubimendi. Was reported heavily that he had spoken to him and tried to convince him to join us.
Zubimendi obviously denied ever talking to him for obvious reasons as that'd land us in trouble and his own club wouldn't like that being publicized.

It just never happened and as I see it there's only two reasons. One being Zubimendi not wanting to leave his club or Barca/Laporta not wanting to sign him. Lots of things you can blame Xavi for, but I don't think this is it.

Clubs are allowed to talk with players who have a clause.. Barca would have been fine but he probably wanted to save face with Sociedad.

Sorin

Why are we trying to sign this guy again? Is there an absolutely urgent of this type of player. I would understand if he was a CDM or LW but he’s neither and if we want a player in his position, just hold on another year or two and try getting the real deal Wirtz/Musiala.

For me Olmo is a waste of money at this point. We are known for wasting money though so we’ll get him in the end.

M3ls

Yes, as an attacking midfielder he is stronger than Pedri, but his problem is injuries. I don't think we should take the risk.

El Barcelona

Why are we trying to sign this guy again? Is there an absolutely urgent of this type of player. I would understand if he was a CDM or LW but he’s neither and if we want a player in his position, just hold on another year or two and try getting the real deal Wirtz/Musiala.

For me Olmo is a waste of money at this point. We are known for wasting money though so we’ll get him in the end.
Yeah agree, rather keep the money in the banks than buying Olmo and play him on the LW like we love to do with all our recent attacking signings. It's getting tiresome to be a Barça supporter but yeah one day our time comes again, I guess. 🤣

khaled_a_d

Clubs are allowed to talk with players who have a clause.. Barca would have been fine but he probably wanted to save face with Sociedad.

To my understanding, the supposed official process is that you should tell his club that you are triggering the deal, deposite the money in the federation (that part I'm not sure off) and then you get to talk to the player and if he agrees, he signs and the money goes to the club. If he refuses the money returns to the club.

Obviously, in real life it is the complete opposite, but you can't go and tell the world you held talks with a player without his club knowing, just because of the clause.

JamDav1982

To my understanding, the supposed official process is that you should tell his club that you are triggering the deal, deposite the money in the federation (that part I'm not sure off) and then you get to talk to the player and if he agrees, he signs and the money goes to the club. If he refuses the money returns to the club.

Obviously, in real life it is the complete opposite, but you can't go and tell the world you held talks with a player without his club knowing, just because of the clause.

It has definitely been reported in past that can speak to players I believe 6 months in advance of when can use the clause.

Regarded in similar way to players with expiring contract.

Gaudi

Dani is maybe my favourite player. Great guy and great player, I'm just not sure he should be our priority, even though seeing how fragile Pedri is - maybe we really need him.

BJJ

I like Olmo but for the love of God is a luxury player.
The price is too steep for a broke ass club like ours. Just scout properly and see if we can pick up a quality DM. The rest Flick will have to figure out. Romeu has left on loan so we desperately need a DM.

jamrock

Sport already pulling out the " tactical flexibility" to justify potentially signing him, the one thing I would say, is we've been linked to him for a few seasons now, so at least it's not just a knee jerk reaction to his euros performance.

AM
Inside Left
False 9.

JamDav1982

False 9 feels a bit of a stretch and irrelevant really.

Seems much more simple than that and LW if Nico not there this season and AM if he is this or next.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
The signing of Dani Olmo also shuts down any dream of us signing Florian Wirtz or Jamal Musiala in the future, even though it was probably never going to happen anyway :lol:

serghei

You guys, why do you think Xavi mouthed off about this and pissed off Laporta? He knew that the club can't afford to compete vs Madrid. It is what it is. This is the squad and the manager is gonna have to pull some kind of miracle this season.

Let's see if this Flick guy is top class or his covid stint at Bayern was a fluke impacted by extraordinary circumstances.

The club puts enormous pressure on the manager. You get less than 10% the funds elite clubs get every summer, and the expectation is to compete vs them as if on equal resources.

Xavi already pulled off a miracle in his 1st season, got mentally exhausted, and couldn't cope with having to do it again. Moaned about it, got himself sacked. Now we get Flick, who's all giddy and excited, but let's see what he can actually do in these circumstances. The chances he makes it are slim.

It's all up to Flick. Only a top tier manager can get a big title with this squad.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans