20 - Dani Olmo

malvolio

Things could pick up next summer as we possibly get rid of Lewa and few others plus new stadium money coming in.

We are currently at the bottom of the hill but still competitive and that's opposite many thought would be.

I remember predictions of mid-table and Barca becoming Milan.

In shirt; things are bad but not a disaster. Mostly: we have La Masia to thank.
In the EPL we would have probably been mid-table. Like it happened for likes of Chelsea and United.
This La Liga is so shite that it's very hard not to finish in CL places.

Porque

We just don't learn.

Olmo was on 9.45m GROSS at Leipzig, so quite a high wage. But I was expected we would go to around 12m.

Gundagan wage + 60m transfer fee is just retarded. No wonder we are scrapping to get him registered. 26.5m amortization per year.

How much are we going to renew Pedri on now next year, and Lamine?

And then we are cheapassing Araujo.

Givenchy

We just don't learn.

Olmo was on 9.45m GROSS at Leipzig, so quite a high wage. But I was expected we would go to around 12m.

Gundagan wage + 60m transfer fee is just retarded. No wonder we are scrapping to get him registered. 26.5m amortization per year.
For a player we didnt even need lmao

vuji_31

Barca deserve everthing what is happening.

Fair salery would be 12mil not doubling it.

Maybe our board does not know fractions so we are just multplying saleries by 2, 3 or 4

Givenchy

I think he is gonna smash it for us, but the renewals of Lameen and Pedri (currently on >10m) are going to have a huge knock on effect.
If it had been for a player like Nico who would transform our LW (night and day difference) it would be worth it but currently we have had to punt 3 players, 1 of them our best performing midfielder last season and we still cannot register Olmo..

Every summer he seems to get linked to Bayern, Barca and a few others and he ends up staying at Leipzig, don't understand the rush causing so much turmoil this summer.

Not Olmo's fault but he better smash it.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
And we believe him... because?

Very well respected journalist in Spain working for a reputable paper.

Does it mean it is true? Not necessarily, but find it more interesting than the leeches who get money out of writing for clicks and are fed information by the club.

Porque

If it had been for a player like Nico who would transform our LW (night and day difference) it would be worth it but currently we have had to punt 3 players, 1 of them our best performing midfielder last season and we still cannot register Olmo..

Every summer he seems to get linked to Bayern, Barca and a few others and he ends up staying at Leipzig, don't understand the rush causing so much turmoil this summer.

Not Olmo's fault but he better smash it.

Absolutely.

There is a rumour that Bilbao were going to denounce us if we paid the BO for Nico, since they believe we would have been in breach of FFP as we don't have the capacity to take on Nico. So that probably shitcanned the deal which I'm assuming would be what we offered Olmo.

A couple of things are sure though.

1) Board were super quiet on not having the wage released. Now we see why.

2) Two 60m signings on 16-17m gross. There is no way we had the capacity to pull that off.

3) Fermin at the OLY gave the SD time to reflect if we needed to spend so much on Olmo right now.

4) I wish I could just watch football, enjoy the game and not worry about all this wage and salary cap nonsense. It is not like it influences my daily life. But fuck Bartomeu, Tebas, Laporta and the Catalan rags for making this played out publically and such a big part of being a fan of this club.

khaled_a_d

Very well respected journalist in Spain working for a reputable paper.

Does it mean it is true? Not necessarily, but find it more interesting than the leeches who get money out of writing for clicks and are fed information by the club.

Has anyone of the leeches report his salary?
And I don't need to believe either tbh.

Personally I've been firm on my stance that players salaries are private info in Spain and it isn't easily available, like most people pretends to believe

khaled_a_d

4) I wish I could just watch football, enjoy the game and not worry about all this wage and salary cap nonsense. It is not like it influences my daily life. But fuck Bartomeu, Tebas, Laporta and the Catalan rags for making this played out publically and such a big part of being a fan of this club.

In the social media era, news are almost exclusively made on negativity and polarising people. In football and sports transfers are also the hottest topic.

In club like current Barca, mixing both is gold mine.

If you want to follow it without filtering, you are setting yourself for massive upsets and making it a source of negativity rather than joy.

Honestly, I was always capable of filtering the news and not raking it seriously.

But in the past few weeks, since the Olmo deal, the fan base everywhere have been insufferable with everyone buying into every stupid rumour if it was negative.

I understand it is underwhelming summer, but honestly I don't think it is as bad as people making it to be.

Olmo is signed, everyone knows he will be registered. Yet people are following the news of the difficulty of his regeneration because? We probably live making ourselves suffer.

Givenchy

Absolutely.

There is a rumour that Bilbao were going to denounce us if we paid the BO for Nico, since they believe we would have been in breach of FFP as we don't have the capacity to take on Nico. So that probably shitcanned the deal which I'm assuming would be what we offered Olmo.

A couple of things are sure though.

1) Board were super quiet on not having the wage released. Now we see why.

2) Two 60m signings on 16-17m gross. There is no way we had the capacity to pull that off.

3) Fermin at the OLY gave the SD time to reflect if we needed to spend so much on Olmo right now.

All Laporta had to do was temper expectations for a few seasons, fix the financial issues and wait on our new stadium to be finished - then come back in the market with a vengeance. I knew with Messi leaving we would take a huge dip but I didn't count on Laporta wasting any money we do have on complete dross.

Was lumbering the club with Lewa and Ferran fucking Torres (who we are never going to get rid of) really worth that 1 La Liga title? It's not like we even signed old world class players to get one last CL run, most of these signings are utter shit.

Signing a player knowing damn well you can't register him should be grounds for a vote of no confidence. Deco needs to fuck off also. The only thing that can save Barca right now is a transfer ban and getting rid of these clowns.

I've said it in another thread but the sooner the club stops this political shite, the outdated election crap and sells half the club to investors.. the better.

Home of Barca Fans