2011 CL Final: FC Barcelona - Manchester United FC 3-1 - Champions!

Galning

We are clear favourites, people who say we aren't didn't watch us this year. Still it's a final and anything can happen, but it's clear we are better than United.

Barcilliant

No way was I indicating Villa should be benched for the final. I am saying if we had options he would hve been benched earlier for sure. Yes he works harder then Ibra for example but at the end of the day a strikers job is to put the ball into the net. If he isnt doing that somebody else should be given a chance.

For a big final we have no option but to play him. The probelm with Villa is

1)He has missed too many chances
2)He gets into offside positions to much-breaking up our attacks.
3)He isnt providing enough assists and doesnt have any other qualities like aeriel ability, long distance shooting.

One person I dont want playing is Maxwell. If we are 3-0 up and he's brought on in injury time-it ok. Otheriwse forget it. He's lethargic, slow and disinterested at the moment. Gives the ball away too.

I'm surprised we are playing in our home kit.

B

beautifulgame

Fair enough its your opinion, but I disagree. I watch every single United game, they could run around on that field all day, its what they train 8 hours a day for. Giggs ran 12 miles against Shalke and didn't break a sweat, he's 37, but such is Uniteds training regime, its not a problem for them. Just so you know, our league hasn't got 'too rough', other leagues have got softer, with pickier refs. In fact even old pro's here, think our game is too soft these days. [B]We invented this sport remember. Football is a man's sport, not that you would think it sometimes.[/B] I used to play, at a decent level too (even had trials as a kid for my very own beloved Man U) and the physical contact is a part (and an enjoyable one at that) of the game.

Also if you watched United, you'd see we dont 'chase' thats what kids do on the playground. If we are pressed back, we'll try to soak up the pressure and use our blistering counter attack speed to try and cause damage.

Barca won't tire United. Sure, you might beat us, but it will be due to talent and skill, not because we are tired.

Your a decent guy and I did appreciate your input except when you started saying things like the sentences in bold.

1) No modern team trains for 8 hours a day and if they do then their team staff is completely incompetent.

2) Typical, just typical. Not even worth a reply..

Phatroonaldo

Just went to Red Cafe-lots of knobs there and a thread about Barca being a disgusting team. Oh well..................

They're just pissing their pants really. Making excuses ready just in case we rape them.

"When you know you can't beat them, talk shit about them."

Myrmecophile

Mr. Japes
It's not just the Mancs forum, it's the forum of basically every team. Oh well, who gives a crap...

It's to be expected, hard to sustain being the best team around for three years without annoying a few people/there being a backlash.

If we're rubbish next season and another team becomes dominant, the focus will shift to them.

Peerd

Notorious Demagogue
Just guys..... imagine how far we have come.

In 2002, when I became a Culé, we had massive dept, and the results on the pitch were dramatic. Madrid and Perez were laughing at us.

Now we have won 5 La Liga titles in the past 7 years, have won 2 CL's in the last 5 years, and can make it 3 in 5 years on Wembley. We have also totally destroyed and humiliated Madrid to the bone on numerous occasions over the past years.

It's so beautiful and so unreal to comprehend thinking back at how things used to be

Visça el Barça i Visça Catalunya!

Chainsaw

Killahead
Just guys..... imagine how far we have come.

In 2002, when I became a Culé, we had massive dept, and the results on the pitch were dramatic. Madrid and Perez were laughing at us.

Now we have won 5 La Liga titles in the past 7 years, have won 2 CL's in the last 5 years, and can make it 3 in 5 years on Wembley. We have also totally destroyed and humiliated Madrid to the bone on numerous occasions over the past years.

It's so beautiful and so unreal to comprehend thinking back at how things used to be

Visça el Barça i Visça Catalunya!

Magic of Gaspart knew no boundaries!

Phatroonaldo

It's not just the Mancs forum, it's the forum of basically every team. Oh well, who gives a crap...

Of course. We are the biggest cunts/divers.cheaters in world football + Play the best football in the world.We are probably the most hated team in the world right now. We probably have the best team in the world. The top three b'dor nominee this season were from our team.Critics+journalists call us the best team in the world. Let's see the individual details that probably make us probably the most hated club.

Messi - midget cunt+BPITW + Diver+ cheat

Iniesta - midget cunt+B'dor top3 + diver

Xavi - midget cunt+ B'dor top3 + cesc saga

Villa -midget cunt+ one of the best strikers +diver

Pedro - Diver

Busquets + Alves - :lol:

Puyol - Goes down easily

Valdes - Runs half way line to shout at the ref.

Abidal - Scares cancer in 2 months.

Pique - Fucks Shakira.

'Nuff said.

We have cheats yes, but we play some of the most mesmerising stuff and have won lots while doing so. Doesn't bother me in slightest. Maradona was probably one of the biggest cheats for doing the hand of god+ was an arrogant cocaine sniffing cunt but he's still the greatest player in the history. We're not here to be liked by others or perceived as saints. We're here to win titles. Our midget army gets fouled quite a lot of time and pushed around by other teams + Refs are lenient to give fouls like that. If diving/ going down gives us an advantage, then so be it really. No club is a saint in this matter so their moral high ground doesn't mean shit.
If we win 2 more Cl, we'll go down as probably the best team in the history of the game.The other teams can talk all bitter shit they want. Our tiles will talk for ourselves.

Hatem Ben Arfa

on your villa point you are nuts if u are suggesting we bench him..........it is the same exact problem with eto in 09 and at the end of the day u do not bench your star striker in a must win game just because he has not been scoring as frequently as he is use to....eto went through the same stretch in 09 and people were saying bench him then. no way in hell u are benching david villa in a freaking final

WHAT on earth are you talking about? Exact same problem as Eto'o?

The longest Eto'o went without scoring a goal for Barca in 08/09 was 4 games!

David Villa's is 11 games! That is quite a difference!

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
WHAT on earth are you talking about? Exact same problem as Eto'o?

The longest Eto'o went without scoring a goal for Barca in 08/09 was 4 games!

David Villa's is 11 games! That is quite a difference!

Eto'o missed more chances than Villa though. He had more chances because he was the central striker, something that Villa isn't at the moment. We've already had this conversation...

E

estranged

Giggs ran 12 miles against Shalke and didn't break a sweat, he's 37, but such is Uniteds training regime, its not a problem for them.

You're kidding right? Giggs ran 12 miles? I'm sure you mean KM since 12 miles is like 20 km and the average distance for a midfielder is 9km, but even 12km for his age is really impressive. wow.

As I already said United are the toughest opponents we could have, anyone saying Barca will "thrash united" or "we've already won this" is being foolish really...but what was being mentioned is what Laudrup said recently, that playing against Barcelona is mentally and physically tiring and it's only natural since you waste so much energy chasing the ball, even Fergie said so before the 2009 final I think...the now infamous "carousel" comparison.

Eto'o missed more chances than Villa though. He had more chances because he was the central striker, something that Villa isn't at the moment. We've already had this conversation...

Thank you.

Home of Barca Fans