2011 CL Final: FC Barcelona - Manchester United FC 3-1 - Champions!

XaviMessiGirl

Don't complain about Eto'o's name coming up! It wasn't me that brought it up.

And for you to complain about it coming in a Barcelona vs Man Utd Champions League Final thread is just plain futile given what he did the last time these two clubs played eachother in the Champions League final.

This season Eto'o plays majority of his games wide left for Inter, occasionally even wide right! that hasn't stopped him scoring 32 goals this season.

And for the last time hopefully, missing many 1 on 1 chances and golden opportunites does not matter if you play wide striker or central striker, they are the same kind of chances and if people notice you getting many such chances and missing them over an 11 game spell you can't use your wide position as an excuse when you cost 32 million pounds.

The point is you tend to start and/or fuel arguments, it's happened in several threads now. Nothing against you or anything but you overreact a lot, post repetitive comments, and every time someone responds to you, you overreact again and it just keeps going on. It's good to be passionate in your arguments but not overdo it. We ask you to please just take a step back and calm down. Thanks :)

Unbiased United

It's true Barça are the favorites, but it's football. Anything can happen and United has a good team.

This, I agree with. Barca are favourites, how can they not be with how they have played this season. But United still have a decent chance with the team we have. :)

Yes you are English and football was invented by you so you are a knowledge God. I don't think if you noticed but we have the top 3 Ballon d'Or in our ranks. Are you really serious that you think United have a better squad than us? :lol:

Not at all. Barca have an amazing team, and if they beat United I promise I'll be on here agreeing that Barca are the greatest team in the world. But until they do then they are only 'arguably' the best team, and I know United have serious talent in some areas.

I earlier said I'd rather have Rooney than Messi. I love Messi, he is truely amazing, but I stand by what I said. Just to show I'm not being bias towards my teams player, here's someone (with a top pedigree) who agree's with me.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_6917781,00.html

Hatem Ben Arfa

The point is you tend to start and/or fuel arguments, it's happened in several threads now. Nothing against you or anything but you overreact a lot, post repetitive comments, and every time someone responds to you, you overreact again and it just keeps going on. It's good to be passionate in your arguments but not overdo it. We ask you to please just take a step back and calm down. Thanks :)

I'm as calm as a Hindu cow.

This, I agree with. Barca are favourites, how can they not be with how they have played this season. But United still have a decent chance with the team we have. :)

Not at all. Barca have an amazing team, and if they beat United I promise I'll be on here agreeing that Barca are the greatest team in the world. But until they do then they are only 'arguably' the best team, and I know United have serious talent in some areas.

I earlier said I'd rather have Rooney than Messi. I love Messi, he is truely amazing, but I stand by what I said. Just to show I'm not being bias towards my teams player, here's someone (with a top pedigree) who agree's with me.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_6917781,00.html

And Messi doesn't put his talent out to the rest of the team? (23 assists + 52 goals)

And as for Rooney being closer to reality of football? does he mean the fact that he seems a mere Mortal and Messi a Football GOD?

W

woobie

I'm not sure I'd believe anything from the Daily Mail, whether Sky reports it or not, first off. Secondly, if he did in fact say that, Carletto has a habit of talking up players from teams his team is about to face. He did it at Milan, to be sure. A bit of context might be helpful.

Unbiased United

I'm as calm as a Hindu cow.

And Messi doesn't put his talent out to the rest of the team? (23 assists + 52 goals)

And as for Rooney being closer to reality of football? does he mean the fact that he seems a mere Mortal and Messi a Football GOD?

Its tough to discuss things with people who can't see past their own players or team. The fact is they are both gifted players, and like i said earlier, for me the key to this game is who playes the best between the two players on the day. Rooney makes us tick, and at times without him we look lost, If he plays well so do we. Messi is a dream player, the ball seems stuck to his foot, but then I have never seen a player who can pass the ball like Rooney can.

I'd love to have them both, but given the choice I'd keep Rooney. Just my opinion, but I'm not taking anything away from Messi and his supreme gift as a player.

Galning

I'm not sure I'd believe anything from the Daily Mail, whether Sky reports it or not, first off. Secondly, if he did in fact say that, Carletto has a habit of talking up players from teams his team is about to face. He did it at Milan, to be sure. A bit of context might be helpful.

Even if it is so, pretty funny :lol: Rooney better than Messi? :lol:

W

woobie

I think Rooney suits United better as a team, given the way they're set up so I do understand your argument at least in part, Unbiased.

As for the passing thing, to be honest, I've never seen anyone who can pass like Xavi. But that's me. (And please keep in mind, I am not a Barca fan, I'm a milanista).

10Messi10

True Barcelonista
Its tough to discuss things with people who can't see past their own players or team. The fact is they are both gifted players, and like i said earlier, for me the key to this game is who playes the best between the two players on the day. Rooney makes us tick, and at times without him we look lost, If he plays well so do we. Messi is a dream player, the ball seems stuck to his foot, but then I have never seen a player who can pass the ball like Rooney can.

I'd love to have them both, but given the choice I'd keep Rooney. Just my opinion, but I'm not taking anything away from Messi and his supreme gift as a player.

yup i agree..it's hard to discuss things with u..

Unbiased United

Erm, he's been more humble than a lot of us cules have been lately...

Thank you, thank you! :) ... I appreciate this comment.

I love Barca, but I'm just trying to be fair to both sets of players, and at the end of the day I do support United so its going to be some pro-United comments obviously.

lol whatever Ancelotti says is the law!

No, not at all, but at least respect his opinion!

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Erm, he's been more humble than a lot of us cules have been lately... and I am saying this as someone who despises United.

this!!

WTH people... why run your mouths like maniacs!? Rooney is a world class player himself and I don't understand the obsession not to accept it! He could hurt us big time too you know!?

Hatem Ben Arfa

Yes, because you know more than Ancelotti obviously......

Lol!....this is how it is today-

I say a positive about my team.... and yours. You say nothing but fanboy comments about your own team. I respect both sets of players, where as you cant see past your own.

You don't have to be a manager on par with Ancelotti to be able to see that Messi is on another planet compared to Wayne Rooney.

Messi does more for his team than Rooney and is crucial to Barcelona playing well. Especially when he has been the only one scoring the goals recently for Barcelona and has 23 assists.

You can kid yourself all you like that Rooney makes more of a difference for Man Utd than Messi does for Barcelona.

It is your opinion and you are entitled to it. Many would think you are wrong and that you look like the biased fanboy.

Home of Barca Fans