2011 CL Final: FC Barcelona - Manchester United FC 3-1 - Champions!

Galning

WTH people... why run your mouths like maniacs!? Rooney is a world class player himself and I don't understand the obsession not to accept it! He could hurt us big time too you know!?

Nobody said he isn't. But saying he's better than Messi, oh my god.

W

woobie

Unbiased, you've been great. :) It's a good thing to have real discussion with folks who have different perspectives.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Ancelotti has to play Rooney tomorrow. He doesn't have to play Messi ever again at Chelsea. Why on earth would he give credits to Messi then?

If it was the other way around, he would have said Messi is the best.

Unbiased United

I think Rooney suits United better as a team, given the way they're set up so I do understand your argument at least in part, Unbiased.

As for the passing thing, to be honest, I've never seen anyone who can pass like Xavi. But that's me. (And please keep in mind, I am not a Barca fan, I'm a milanista).

To be fair, I have only see maybe 15-20 Barca games this season so I cant really say offer a fair comment on who's the best passer, but he's definately as good as anyone in the PL. Thats my point though, for Barca I'd have Messi, but for United Rooney edge's it for me. But there's no doubt I'd pick Messi as my dream future signing.....if only! :D

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Nobody said he isn't. But saying he's better than Messi, oh my god.

Didn't he say Messi is from other planet but Rooney is a class of his own!? That means he does say Messi is a better player than Rooney!! Regarding ''who's more important to his team'' discussion... I think it's down to personal opinion, so just listen to it. or point out if you don't think it's right, but don't just laugh it away!! He's been very cool with his posts so far, deserves respect IMO

Hamzah

High Definition Member
i have a feeling united will park the bus. they have rooney nani and other fast attacking players on the counter so it could be very dangerous

Unbiased United

Didn't he say Messi is from other planet but Rooney is a class of his own!? That means he does say Messi is a better player than Rooney!! Regarding ''who's more important to his team'' discussion... I think it's down to personal opinion, so just listen to it. or point out if you don't think it's right, but don't just laugh it away!! He's been very cool with his posts so far, deserves respect IMO

Thanks, and I totally agree. Discuss it and disagree with me by all means, but to just laugh at my opinion makes my blood boil! Lol :D ...its not as though I'm comparing him to a ageing midtable nobody. Its Wayne Rooney, he's a class player. Perhaps not as good as Messi, like you say thats personal opinion, but he's certainly up there!

Unbiased United

i have a feeling united will park the bus. they have rooney nani and other fast attacking players on the counter so it could be very dangerous

This could be true, but I don't think we will do it on purpose, more likely because Barca won't give us any other option with the pressure we might be under.

Home of Barca Fans