2011 CL Final: FC Barcelona - Manchester United FC 3-1 - Champions!

Thierry

That team is a weapon of mass destruction.

This is absolutely lethal just viewing that picture.

A top "Dream Side" that should on any day, detach and catapult Man.United almost on a regular play-day. The Devils will have to put in 110% effort JUST to keep Defence intact, I would like to serve their hopes in countering the "dizzying passing" squad any chance they get and that they do it quickly, just to stay in it. The "weapons of mass skill" given on "player per player" scenario in that picture out does the English in a big way, as it would take mamoth of a task to manage things in Midfield for Sir Alex's men.

Unbiased United

i have seen a lot of ManUtd. Don't get me wrong, i haven't said Giggs is crap in the centre or anything it's just that there is a very big chance that he will only see the ball a very limited amount of times so he will not be able influence as much as he does in EPL. Add that to the fact that he will be chasing the ball alot and he will get tired. If you are winning by 70th minute, better to have him as super sub along with Scholes. Barca is a different animal compared to Chelsea's midfield and West Ham..

BUT if SAF plays 4-5-1 then he will compliment Fletch and Carrick very well.

Yeah fair point I suppose....I still really hope we play 4-4-2 though, with Rooney dropping back. Hernandez is too clinical for us not to play him in a game like this, when every chance needs to count.

dalitis8

Banned
This is absolutely lethal just viewing that picture.

A top "Dream Side" that should on any day, detach and catapult Man.United almost on a regular play-day. The Devils will have to put in 110% effort JUST to keep Defence intact, I would like to serve their hopes in countering the "dizzying passing" squad any chance they get and that they do it quickly, just to stay in it. The "weapons of mass skill" given on "player per player" scenario in that picture out does the English in a big way, as it would take mamoth of a task to manage things in Midfield for Sir Alex's men.

I think many of you in here are being too cocky... United are tough in defence, and rapid on the wings. Rooney is a bulldozer, and Chicharito is a world class poacher. Park and Fletcher are workhorses.

If we are being honest, Barcelona have not been that amazing lately (maybe they are saving their best till last) but we have not managed to recreate the 1st Clasico form ever since me thinks.

But, yeah, I think that with a full squad and good conditioning, Barca are firm favourites...

Unbiased United

damn...

scary looking lineup...

this is gonna be a very tough game but i know if anyone can beat them, we can...

Visca el Barça!!!

Thats what worries me. I looked at our line up and thought 'yeah we can take this game' then I saw Barca's potential starting eleven and thought 'Damn!... we are in for one hell of a game here!'. :D

I've been saying this pretty consistently, this United side is a formidable one...They have belief too...Those first 20 minutes are going to be intense

+1 ...and quite possibly key to the games outcome.

Pedram123

I hope Puyol and Abidal are fit, if our back four are ready and fit i would be more confident.
I pray to god Mascherano dosn't start as CB.

I think many of you in here are being too cocky... United are tough in defence, and rapid on the wings. Rooney is a bulldozer, and Chicharito is a world class poacher. Park and Fletcher are workhorses.

If we are being honest, Barcelona have not been that amazing lately (maybe they are saving their best till last) but we have not managed to recreate the 1st Clasico form ever since me thinks.

But, yeah, I think that with a full squad and good conditioning, Barca are firm favourites...

Unbiased United

I agree. Not that he's being arrogant I don't think, but perhaps believing in the hype a little too much.

Anyone who has watched this United team in the last few months knows its going to take one a hell of a team to stop them. Luckily for you guys you happen to have one! :D ...but to write this United team off like some are doing is misguided to say the least.

F

Flavia

Tickets for the final:

2011-05-10_ENTRADAS_FINAL_WEMBLEY_2011_003.jpg

2011-05-10_ENTRADAS_FINAL_WEMBLEY_2011_004.jpg

2011-05-10_ENTRADAS_FINAL_WEMBLEY_2011_007.jpg

I want one :(

The ball:
2011-05-10_PELOTA_FINAL_WEMBLEY_2011_001.jpg

Thierry

You must take this post in with the context of the starting line up sent at earlier starting line-up illustration. Simply, it is possibly our strongest side yet this season (without "cockyness" needed).

Yes, to be honest, FCB has not been anywhere near their average performance of last season or even earlier this season for that matter. Infact, Yes FCB is probably still lagging behind despite the fact we overcame a pandemic flu of Classicos without cure against "the special one". I also admit that our squad is way nuclear compared to your side and this is not necessarily an advantage for FCB at all. Infact Man.U has added available artillery that they can utilize and do so at free will. If FCB should have to do with a make-shift side, it will be a mere gamble kind of play taking pure chance against your threat. Man. U has the advantage of choice and that honestly is crucial for a Cup Final match such as this one.

My earlier opinion was just based on the start-line up and what effects they could produce given all players have a "near to perfect" performance on the day.:)

S

SLOBarca

See you in London - Wembley - here I come ::: :barca scarf:

Barcelona, 10th May 2011

Dear Member,

The club is pleased to inform you that your application for tickets to the 2011 UEFA Champions League final between FC Barcelona and Manchester United on 28th May at the Wembley Stadium in London has been successful following an official draw made at the club offices the 10th May.

We will now proceed to charge 90€ reservation fee through the debit or credit card which you provided on your application. If this charge is not accepted by your bank, you will lose all rights to purchase a ticket for this game.

According to the club census, you currently reside outside Catalonia .

You can choose between two options to purchase and receive your tickets:

- You may purchase your tickets from the ticket offices at access gate 14:
In order to avoid queues, a date has been assigned to each successful applicant in accordance with the order in which the application was drawn. Your tickets may be picked up from Thursday 19th May from 8:30 to 13:30.
We would remind you that it will not be possible to pick them up before this date.

The ticket office is open the following days 13th, 14th, 16th, 17th, 18th, 19th, 20th y 23rd from 8.30 am to 18.30 pm.

At the moment of purchase you will need to pay the difference outstanding once the reservation fee of 90€ has been paid. You can pay in cash or with a credit card. The exact type of tickets on sale will depend on the seats available at the moment of purchase. Conditions for purchasing are detailed below.

- You may receive your tickets by messenger: please click here from May 11th to may 14th to confirm your address and type of ticket required.

The following documentation will be needed at the moment of purchase:

- If the club member who made the application picks up the tickets:
For individual applications, members must present their ID or passport and original membership card.

- If one club member on a group application picks up the tickets:
In this case, if only one member picks up the tickets corresponding to a group application, that member must present their ID or passport and original membership card, plus the original membership cards of the other members cited on the application and a photocopy of their Ids or passports.

- Underage members:
Tickets must be collected by the member’s parents or assigned legal guardian.

- If the member is unable to personally collect the tickets:
In this case, an authorized person must present a document authorising him to collect the tickets signed by the member, plus a photocopy of the member’s ID or passport and the original membership card. In the case of a group application, in addition to the documentation detailed above, the authorisation must be signed by all members cited on the application.

In order to simplify the process, we would strongly recommend you to bring a printed version of the email confirmation sent to you at the moment we received your application.

FCBViatges will take you to London for €140 (coach) or 370€ (airplane)

For further information please visit the website at www.fcbviatges.cat
You can purchase your trip at any branch of Halcon Viatges or by phoning 93 300 64 63 / 93 300 90 92 / 93 300 48 73

Best wishes,

FCB Supporter Services Office

Oleeeee !

Unbiased United

Barcelona, 10th May 2011

Dear Member,

The club is pleased to inform you that your application for tickets to the 2011 UEFA Champions League final between FC Barcelona and Manchester United on 28th May at the Wembley Stadium in London has been successful following an official draw made at the club offices the 10th May.

We will now proceed to charge 90€ reservation fee through the debit or credit card which you provided on your application. If this charge is not accepted by your bank, you will lose all rights to purchase a ticket for this game.

In order to avoid queues, a date has been assigned to each successful applicant in accordance with the order in which the application was drawn. Your tickets may be picked up from Thursday 19th May from 8:30 to 13:30.
We would remind you that it will not be possible to pick them up before this date.

The ticket office is open the following days 13th, 14th, 16th, 17th, 18th, 19th, 20th y 23rd from 8.30 am to 18.30 pm.

At the moment of purchase you will need to pay the difference outstanding once the reservation fee of 90€ has been paid. You can pay in cash or with a credit card. The exact type of tickets on sale will depend on the seats available at the moment of purchase. Conditions for purchasing are detailed below.

- You may receive your tickets by messenger: please click here from May 11th to may 14th to confirm your address and type of ticket required.

For individual applications, members must present their ID or passport and original membership card.

In this case, if only one member picks up the tickets corresponding to a group application, that member must present their ID or passport and original membership card, plus the original membership cards of the other members cited on the application and a photocopy of their Ids or passports.

- Underage members:

In this case, an authorized person must present a document authorising him to collect the tickets signed by the member, plus a photocopy of the member’s ID or passport and the original membership card. In the case of a group application, in addition to the documentation detailed above, the authorisation must be signed by all members cited on the application.

In order to simplify the process, we would strongly recommend you to bring a printed version of the email confirmation sent to you at the moment we received your application.

You can purchase your trip at any branch of Halcon Viatges or by phoning 93 300 64 63 / 93 300 90 92 / 93 300 48 73

Best wishes,

Oleeeee !

Lucky you!....Nice one!!! :)

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members

Barcelona, 10th May 2011

Dear Member,

- Underage members:

Best wishes,

Oleeeee !

Enjoy it mate, I'm really jealous.

Home of Barca Fans