2011 CL Final: FC Barcelona - Manchester United FC 3-1 - Champions!

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
When Giggs has played this season, its been in the middle, perhaps the odd venture on the wing, but his role has clearly changed in the last couple of season's to CM. Thats where he plays in any big games, and to say different is just disagreeing, for the sake of disagreeing. Yeah I suppose your right about fletcher, but the same goes for him, since his arrival as a regular first teamer I doubt he has played once on the wing. Lets not start a petty disagreement when you know I'm right....

West Ham away. Giggs started wide left and moved back to left back. Thats the most recent.

I know that Giggs and Fletch wont be our wide men, was just saying, not wanting an argument at all.

Totally agree. Think O'shea, will make way for the wonder kid Rafael, and if he proves himself in the next 3 games, Fletcher in the middle.

Fletch was playing for the reserves tonight, so it should help him a bit.

Messi10

Hahah are you a united fan kluivertsboots. Barcelona are the greatest team ever. Even on a off day no way are united beating barcelona 7-0. Real madrid are better then unitedv

Unbiased United

Our set up completely depends on Puyol and Abidal readiness. You will see the standard Barcelona line-up for the first time since Christmas if that happens. Villa has little hope against Vidic-Ferdy-VDS on current form. Barcelona's goal scoring will depend almost entirely on Messi in open play unless Iniesta gets into shooting mood himself.

If Barca are off color as they have been in recent matches, United has the capability to put an impressive score up in my opinion. United can beat this Barcelona team the same way they beat Roma a few years back (should be closer to the 2-0 than 7-0 though!). Messi is basically playing the Totti role right now, with Villa pulling left (a la Vucinic). I don't believe any of this is lost on United.

I see what your saying, but I think your as modest as Pep! :D

To be honest I think our defence will have to be on top form to stop Villa as well as Messi. Also if barca's defence is at full fitness, (and i do honestly hope so), I don't think either team will be suffering fools lightly! :)

Andrew M

Hahah are you a united fan kluivertsboots. Barcelona are the greatest team ever. Even on a off day no way are united beating barcelona 7-0. Real madrid are better then unitedv

Have you seen every other team...ever? Didn't think so.

Unbiased United

West Ham away. Giggs started wide left and moved back to left back. Thats the most recent.

I know that Giggs and Fletch wont be our wide men, was just saying, not wanting an argument at all.

Fletch was playing for the reserves tonight, so it should help him a bit.

I know and I did mention his MOTM preformance there earlier in the thread,. But anyway, good to hear Fletcher back to buisness. Did he play the full game do you know?

Have you seen every other team...ever? Didn't think so.

Don't reply to this guy bud, he's just a troll fanboy type. No reasonable discussion in him at all...read his past post's. I'm an adult looking for adult football conversation, not silly kids with silly comments.

Last edited:

Superfly

Banned
Do you guys remember Manchester United vs Arsenal? I only got to watch parts of the game, but from what I saw, Arsenal were putting a lot of pressure on United and ended up winning.

Don't mean to sound cocky, but if they can beat them, so can we. But you know what they say, you're only as good as your last game!

Unbiased United

Do you guys remember Manchester United vs Arsenal? I only got to watch parts of the game, but from what I saw, Arsenal were putting a lot of pressure on United and ended up winning.

Don't mean to sound cocky, but if they can beat them, so can we. But you know what they say, you're only as good as your last game!

We beat Arsenal with almost a full team of reserves away from home in the cup the week after they beat you 2-1. I don't say that to rub it in, but remember they also beat you too!

We didn't play well at all that day you speak of, but that was a rarity of late. We are both a better team than Arsenal, but on their day they too can be very dangerous. I do agree though Barca are very capable of beating United, but I also think we have a great chance too.

Oh and it was Arsenal Vs United, not the other way about. We have been untouchable at home this season...but pretty bad away :(

KluivertsBoots

United will be scared shitless of Sociedad and Levante then.

10Messi10

True Barcelonista
We beat Arsenal with almost a full team of reserves away from home in the cup the week after they beat you 2-1. I don't say that to rub it in, but remember they also beat you too!

We didn't play well at all that day you speak of, but that was a rarity of late. We are both a better team than Arsenal, but on their day they too can be very dangerous. I do agree though Barca are very capable of beating United, but I also think we have a great chance too.

Oh and it was Arsenal Vs United, not the other way about. We have been untouchable at home this season...but pretty bad away :(

if my memory is right..u beat arsenal after they lost 1-3 to us..so mentally they was not well..n that's not a team of reserve..

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
I know and I did mention his MOTM preformance there earlier in the thread,. But anyway, good to hear Fletcher back to buisness. Did he play the full game do you know?

Don't reply to this guy bud, he's just a troll fanboy type. No reasonable discussion in him at all...read his past post's. I'm an adult looking for adult football conversation, not silly kids with silly comments.

Not sure, But I would hope he didnt, 60-70 Mins Max, Hes gonna be playing alot of football, so dont want him to do too much to early.

Andrew M

Tactically Manchester Utd would be best adopting the approach of getting the ball in the opponent's net more often than they let their opponents score. I think that way they would undoubtedly win.

N

Neil1984

Arsenal beat United, so Barcelona are going to win. Yes, sound and airtight logic there!

Thierry

See you in London - Wembley - here I come ::: :barca scarf:

Barcelona, 10th May 2011

Dear Member,

The club is pleased to inform you that your application for tickets to the 2011 UEFA Champions League final between FC Barcelona and Manchester United on 28th May at the Wembley Stadium in London has been successful following an official draw made at the club offices the 10th May.

We will now proceed to charge 90€ reservation fee through the debit or credit card which you provided on your application. If this charge is not accepted by your bank, you will lose all rights to purchase a ticket for this game.

According to the club census, you currently reside outside Catalonia .

You can choose between two options to purchase and receive your tickets:

- You may purchase your tickets from the ticket offices at access gate 14:
In order to avoid queues, a date has been assigned to each successful applicant in accordance with the order in which the application was drawn. Your tickets may be picked up from Thursday 19th May from 8:30 to 13:30.
We would remind you that it will not be possible to pick them up before this date.

The ticket office is open the following days 13th, 14th, 16th, 17th, 18th, 19th, 20th y 23rd from 8.30 am to 18.30 pm.

At the moment of purchase you will need to pay the difference outstanding once the reservation fee of 90€ has been paid. You can pay in cash or with a credit card. The exact type of tickets on sale will depend on the seats available at the moment of purchase. Conditions for purchasing are detailed below.

- You may receive your tickets by messenger: please click here from May 11th to may 14th to confirm your address and type of ticket required.

The following documentation will be needed at the moment of purchase:

- If the club member who made the application picks up the tickets:
For individual applications, members must present their ID or passport and original membership card.

- If one club member on a group application picks up the tickets:
In this case, if only one member picks up the tickets corresponding to a group application, that member must present their ID or passport and original membership card, plus the original membership cards of the other members cited on the application and a photocopy of their Ids or passports.

- Underage members:
Tickets must be collected by the member’s parents or assigned legal guardian.

- If the member is unable to personally collect the tickets:
In this case, an authorized person must present a document authorising him to collect the tickets signed by the member, plus a photocopy of the member’s ID or passport and the original membership card. In the case of a group application, in addition to the documentation detailed above, the authorisation must be signed by all members cited on the application.

In order to simplify the process, we would strongly recommend you to bring a printed version of the email confirmation sent to you at the moment we received your application.

FCBViatges will take you to London for €140 (coach) or 370€ (airplane)

For further information please visit the website at www.fcbviatges.cat
You can purchase your trip at any branch of Halcon Viatges or by phoning 93 300 64 63 / 93 300 90 92 / 93 300 48 73

Best wishes,

FCB Supporter Services Office

Oleeeee !

my e-mail notice was way shorter than this.
flying to Frankfurt on May 24th, connecting to London May 26th.

I hope security will be as good as Moscow Final's too.

Arsenal beat United, so Barcelona are going to win. Yes, sound and airtight logic there!

:lol:..

need the old Villa back for this one..

I would not bet too much on him on this one.
Pedro is favorite to start in my books.

Messi10

As long has we keep the ball we create chances.I can see vidic getting sent off, I've seen carlton cole skill vidic and make him look silly so he have no chance with messi. It be a easy game for us don't worry.

Home of Barca Fans