2011 CL Final: FC Barcelona - Manchester United FC 3-1 - Champions!

Canto

Johan Dalin part II
Real weren't physical. Physical is when you go arm against arm. Real were fouling and getting away with it. Big difference.

4 red cards over 5 games wasn't it? that says otherwise man. But fair play anyway you deserve to be in the final and be La Liga champions. I don't expect to beat ye either to be honest, but hopefully we can get an early goal and manage to knick it from there, because I think if ye core fist then it will really be an uphill struggle as ye keep the ball so well.

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
4 red cards over 5 games wasn't it? that says otherwise man. But fair play anyway you deserve to be in the final and be La Liga champions. I don't expect to beat ye either to be honest, but hopefully we can get an early goal and manage to knick it from there, because I think if ye core fist then it will really be an uphill struggle as ye keep the ball so well.

If Mourinho didn't put pressure on the refs by complaining about red cards they would have gotten about 10 more.

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
[YOUTUBE]d-k8NNeb3Kk[/YOUTUBE]
Just in this match they should have seen 4 red cards. One on di Maria(given), one on Pepe(not given, foul @ 0:35), two on Arbeloa(either two yellow cards because of the number of bad fouls or the step on Villa's leg) and one on Xabi alonso(2 yellow cards, only one given. 4:10)

when you realize that that's in one match... you realize that it's pretty fucking ugly football.

UEFA_Barça_Chris

o Fenômeno
[YOUTUBE]d-k8NNeb3Kk[/YOUTUBE]
Just in this match they should have seen 4 red cards. One on di Maria(given), one on Pepe(not given, foul @ 0:35), two on Arbeloa(either two yellow cards because of the number of bad fouls or the step on Villa's leg) and one on Xabi alonso(2 yellow cards, only one given. 4:10)

when you realize that that's in one match... you realize that it's pretty fucking ugly football.
yet people blame us for diving in the first leg.

E

estranged

4 red cards over 5 games wasn't it? that says otherwise man. But fair play anyway you deserve to be in the final and be La Liga champions.

4 red cards in 5 games? what's your point? 2 of those came when the game was practically over (ramos in november and di maria in copa final), Albiol's red was fully deserved as villa was the last man and Pepe's red is still being discussed, but IMO it was a good decision since he had malicious intent (as he always does). stop being mourinho to use this lame excuse to accuse barca of being dirty to cover up real's shortcomings. fact is every one of those reds was fair, if anything it should have been 7 reds in 5 games (Pepe and Arbeloa in copa final and Carvalho in the return leg of the UCL semi).

ledzep

Did you even watch the games? The way Real kicked us each of the 4 games deserved much more than that. The video above is a good example of how we did not dive or cheat, but actually did not whine about their unacceptably dirty playing.

Here is the video from the second leg of CL, which shows that Real should have gotten 3-4 red cards just in that game alone.

TBH, there is some validity to the argument that some of our players overreacted a bit (Mascherano, Busquets, Pedro namely). But overreacting is not the same as playacting. The former occurs after fouls actually done. Its just funny how some people ignored Real's butchering fouls, and just saw us "cheating". In none of the 4 games we dived or cheated.

XaviMessiGirl

Well we did dive, to say we didn't would be a lie. But it wasn't because we just wanted to be assholes and get Madrid players sent off for no reason. Like people have said there were several dirty tackles etc that were looked over during the match and Madrid were lucky that there weren't more than 4 people sent off (and two of those didn't change the game at all as they happened at the very end).

I really hate diving and wish some of our players would cut it out but honestly RM were more guilty than us of unsportsmanlike behavior... but since Busquets peekaboo last year all eyes are on us looking for the smallest thing to call us "cheats" for.

E

estranged

we did dive, but we had to, against mourinho you have to. we played fair and didn't dive in the cup final and look at what the real players got away with. pepe got away with trying to break messi's leg, arbeloa stamped on villa, he then tried to intentionally injure adriano and got away with all of those. thats why pedro dived when arbeloa made contact with him in the UCL semi first leg. plus it's not like we are the only ones, look at man u yesterday, chicarito dived (although there was contact) and as soon as that happened every united player surrounded the linesman and started abusing and molesting him. i won't even bother with real, ronaldo, di maria and marcelo are exempalary divers and in general they play dirtier than us. di maria dives more and better than any barca player.

ledzep

Great respect for Man Utd. They are a truly great team; they play as one unit, and play great attacking football. What Ferguson has done is just unique; keeping team motivated and ambitious for so many years is something spectacular. This final is going to be tough to win for either of us.
They will be extremely motivated to win this one, to avenge for last times loss.

Although, I do believe we are a notch atop of them: the quality of individual skills is, IMO, is superior to theirs (not to take anything away from them), as well as having several players who possess them (Xavi, Messi, Dani, Iniesta, Villa Busi) will be hard for Man Utd to shut down.

The great challenge for us would be not to get complacent, based on '09's victory. But having all-demanding and cautious Pep, this will likely will not happen.

Last edited:

gingerless

It's football though, you're obviously going to have to deal with physical teams from time to time. Not everyone has the players capable to play beautiful football and besides 9 times out of 10 if you play Barcelona at there own games and 9 times out of 10 they will absoutly destroy you. You just have to look at our 09 final as an example of that like. I think you will see alot more teams going down tat route in the future as well after seeing the success Inter had with it last year, it will be frustrating but the players should rise above it rather then start diving and looking for yellows and reds.

it's football though, you're obviously going to have to deal with diving players from time to time

Chainsaw

Killahead
lol. To some people getting 4 red cards in 5 games is injustice, when the opoosition come to kick and walk on Barca players in every chance they get! Yeah it was all injustice, it had to be more than 8 red cards actually!

barcaboy15

God, why on earth do we have to put up with these idiotic fans!? I mean, who joins a Barca forum to say how Rooney is better than Messi, Ferdianand better than Puyol - the mind boggles:lol:

And to those saying 4 reds shows Real's fouls were punished, that's is completely illogical and incorrect.

Everyone knows that Real should easily have had about 4 players sent off in the 2nd leg and they had none.

Why are we even discussing that game, we are through and they're are out and this might shock some people but the reason is simply: because we are better.

Barcilliant

Pains me to say it but City could be serious contenders next season, domestically and in Europe. Not only does this bother me because I'm a United fan, but because of the relentless spending of one mans personal wealth, which has propelled them into this situation. They are like Madrid.... but with much more spending power! Goes against everything teams like United and Barca stand for imo. :(

Uh Utd have spent a decent sum overs the years too. Not as much as Citeh and Real Madrid but a tidy sum. I just find it hard to like ANY PL side. Such rampant commericalism and arrogance. I just hope we can continue to blood academy players and beat sides like RM and Citeh. When it comes to England I think Citeh will eventually win a few PL titles. In Europe the going will be a lot tougher.

Richard.H

United frans on a forum discussing a big champions league semi final match :eek: that's outrageous... :eek:

I could name about 5-6 threads in RedCafe dedicated to Barca. There are so many Barca hate threads in that forum that not even a single barca fan could make an account in that piece of shit of a forum. Unlike that craphole, this forum has a lot of class and has a wide variety of fans from different teams. Heck, we don't even have threads that say "I hate Real Madrid" or other nonsense BS.

Bilal Khan

Tito > Mou
I could name about 5-6 threads in RedCafe dedicated to Barca. There are so many Barca hate threads in that forum that not even a single barca fan could make an account in that piece of shit of a forum. Unlike that craphole, this forum has a lot of class and has a wide variety of fans from different teams. Heck, we don't even have threads that say "I hate Real Madrid" or other nonsense BS.

Barcaforum Rules man!! the moderators and admins have managed this forum very nicely!
Kudos!
and please take away all the madrid crap away from this thread!

Home of Barca Fans