2011 CL Final: FC Barcelona - Manchester United FC 3-1 - Champions!

F

Forca Barca

this will be a hard final for us ,player for player are team is far superior to manu but they have the advantage of a far more experienced manager as well as Wembley is almost as good as old trafford for them

barcaboy15

Hey, does anyone here remember after the CL final a couple of years back - someone from the Man Utd team said Iniesta is the best player in the world. Does anyone know who that was? I think it was either Giggs or Rooney but can't remember who?

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
Thanks Unbiased.

I had another United related question, maybe you could help me out?

Could you just let me know Man U's best XI for this year? Not in your opinion, but what seems to be the first choice XI? As I haven't watched much of them this year so am not too sure on a couple of positions, mainly in midfield.

Thanks!

----------------VDS-----------------
Rafael----Rio------Vidic-------Evra
----------Carrick-------------------
-------------------Giggs--------Park
Valencia----------------------------
--------------Rooney----------------
-----------------Hernandez---------

barcaboy15

----------------VDS-----------------
Rafael----Rio------Vidic-------Evra
----------Carrick-------------------
-------------------Giggs--------Park
Valencia----------------------------
--------------Rooney----------------
-----------------Hernandez---------

Ok, great thanks. But what about Nani and Berbatov? Isn't Berbatov Man Utd's top goalscorer and I thought Nani was one of their main players this year?
Or am I wrong?

Unbiased United

Ok, great thanks. But what about Nani and Berbatov? Isn't Berbatov Man Utd's top goalscorer and I thought Nani was one of their main players this year?
Or am I wrong?

Silky Soccer is right, but its a strange one this year. Berbatov is our top scorer, and Nani has the most assist's, yet none of them our in our first eleven. That said they do still play quite often. The good thing about our team this year is we have had about 20 players seriously pressing for first team action. But this has been a blessing rather than a problem because SAF has rotated them superbly, and he's done it in such a way that they probably all feel like first teamers.

But when it has come to our biggest games, the team Silky did above nearly always starts.

Last edited:

impeh

Hi, its me..
no, youre right.. but they dont seem to start the big games.

i think berbatov could make a difference if he comes on in the final

Unbiased United

Silky Soccer is right, but its a strange one this year. Berbatov is our top scorer, and Nani has the most assist's, yet none of them our in our first eleven. That said they do still play quite often. The good thing about our team this year is we have had about 20 players seriously pressing for first team action. But this has been a blessing rather than a problem because SAF has rotated them superbly, he's done it in such a way that they probably all feel like first teamers.

But when it has come to our biggest games, the team Silky did above nearly always starts.

Oh and nani was imense for us earlier int he season, but when Valencia returned from injury he had to make way for him. A shame for Nani but Valencia is a beast for us, and SAF couldn't leave him out despite Nani really playing well on the right.

no, youre right.. but they dont seem to start the big games.

i think berbatov could make a difference if he comes on in the final

Berbatov is a quality player and really does bring a touch of class to our team, unfortunately there just seems to be something missing at times. People question his hunger, which when you compare him to other United players who would 'die for the cause', they are probably right. He is a definate plan B though if things aren't going well for us.

Last edited:

XaviMessiGirl

Berba is strange, he's either massive (hat tricks galore), or not there at all and a liability. I could see them bringing him on late in the match if they are behind but he most definitely wouldn't start.

Unbiased or anybody, do you think you will try to sell him this summer?

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
Berba is strange, he's either massive (hat tricks galore), or not there at all and a liability. I could see them bringing him on late in the match if they are behind but he most definitely wouldn't start.

Unbiased or anybody, do you think you will try to sell him this summer?

Very strange, Although hes our leading scorer this year, and the Leagues. Hes rarely done it when it matters most. Hattrick vs Liverpool aside. Hes not scored or even played in the big games, mainly due to his lack of energy. He wants to drop deep and link the play, but Rooney is better at it than he is. He then moved forward and attempted to be our Goalscorer, which he has at times, just not regularly away from home and 8 of his goals came in 2 games. Hernandez has been far more dependable.

I dont think we'll sell him, But sadly I dont think he will ever shake off that horrendous price tag, Squad player at most.

Home of Barca Fans