2011 CL Final: FC Barcelona - Manchester United FC 3-1 - Champions!

Corb

Special 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...
I could name about 5-6 threads in RedCafe dedicated to Barca. There are so many Barca hate threads in that forum that not even a single barca fan could make an account in that piece of shit of a forum. Unlike that craphole, this forum has a lot of class and has a wide variety of fans from different teams. Heck, we don't even have threads that say "I hate Real Madrid" or other nonsense BS.

Yes. They open threads about Barça all the time. It is like and obsession or something. Maybe any kind of complex I guess.

We don't talk widely about a team except if they are playing in that time or if we have to play against them in a close time.

Unbiased United

In the last week or so there has been some good chat on this forum, inpartial and reasonable,and then I read through the last days comments....ridiculous.

Firstly, shock horror United fans are talking about Barca, just maybe though it has something to do with the fact we are playing them in the final of the biggest club competion in Europe, and thats kind of what you would expect. You can kid yourselves as much as you want but there has been a hell of a lot of talk about United on here too, and a fair bit of it has been less than complimentary.

Some really stupid things been said in the last few pages on here. A total over reaction to the banner at Old Trafford. Don't forget you guys were also very unconvincing in your last 1-1 draw, does that mean you shouldn't be confident about your team winning?...If so then you need to tell that to all the blinkered fans who reacted to that in the first breath, and then continue to act like Barca are unbeatable (which they are definately not, despite their class).

There will always be idiot fans, and there are plenty of them at United, just as there are at Barca. There are many cases on here of blatent disregard, and lack of respect towards United, so imo taking the moral high ground is totally unfair. There are some great members on here, with a lot of knowledge, reasonable opinion and respect for the opposition, but there are some who are as bad, as the United fans which you talk about (there are also MANY reasonable United fans too by the way) unfortunately its the idiots who get the press.

I joined up here to share my opinions about the upcoming game between the team I love and a team I have a lot of respect for, whats wrong with that? Seems like some would prefer Barca fans only so they can pat each other on the back, and forever increase the hype, until this Barca team is held in the same esteem as god himself.

The fact is United are champions of a very tough league, and absolutely bring it on Barcelona I think we have a good chance, why would I not... we are Manchester United. Just the same as I can understand Barcalona fans having the exact same attitude, but that doesn't mean we can't have respect for each other, and take those specticles off once in a while and see things from both sides perspective.

Oh and I'm not a member on any United forum for my lack of interest in the 'back patting' which I earlier mentioned, I'm a fan of football not talking about how my team is the best and everyone else's is rubbish.

Last edited:

ViscaBarca914

BLASPHEMY!
Unbiased it's nothing personal. But waaaaay before we were going to play in the final they always were obsessed with Barca at RedCafe. Never knew why.....but they crack me up with their " I hate Barca thiiiiiiiiis much" threads :lol:

Pedro17

Visca El Barca
Oh and I'm not a member on any United forum for my lack of interest in the 'back patting' which I earlier mentioned, I'm a fan of football not talking about how my team is the best and everyone else's is rubbish.

You seem like your a good poster and that you have some knowledge on the sport but keep in mind you did choose to join a Barca forum so obviously there is going to be some Barca back patting on it and if you are offended or dont like that then join a "generall football" forum and maybe you will see less of this going on. This is a good form and its enjoyable and your still here so obviously you like it, but you have to expect your going to get some backlash.

With that said, I think the final should be interesting. On paper, I'd say we look like the much better team but that doesn't matter. United have found a way to win this season and have been pretty consistant. Should be a great game and hope we'll slap English Football across the face yet again:) Visca El Barca!

Unbiased United

You seem like your a good poster and that you have some knowledge on the sport but keep in mind you did choose to join a Barca forum so obviously there is going to be some Barca back patting on it and if you are offended or dont like that then join a "generall football" forum and maybe you will see less of this going on. This is a good form and its enjoyable and your still here so obviously you like it, but you have to expect your going to get some backlash.

With that said, I think the final should be interesting. On paper, I'd say we look like the much better team but that doesn't matter. United have found a way to win this season and have been pretty consistant. Should be a great game and hope we'll slap English Football across the face yet again:) Visca El Barca!

Of course your right what you say, and I do like it here, some great people. But I also see a lot of double standards. My point is there are good and bad from all walks of life and its the same with football fans. Idiots and good fans in equal measures across the board, lets not try to pretend otherwise guys.

Unbiased it's nothing personal. But waaaaay before we were going to play in the final they always were obsessed with Barca at RedCafe. Never knew why.....but they crack me up with their " I hate Barca thiiiiiiiiis much" threads :lol:

Unquestionably these guys are idiots, i don't deny that. The thing is this forum is very well run and I doubt would tolerate trolls even if they were supporting Barca. BUT, I bet there are forums with Barca fans doing the exact same as what these idiot United fans are doing.

XaviMessiGirl

yeah man every club has arrogant fans and if you go on a forum of said club you are going to find more of them than you would elsewhere. That being said there are only a couple people here who I would classify as "arrogant", most others are just confident. Don't confuse the two :p

Unbiased United

yeah man every club has arrogant fans and if you go on a forum of said club you are going to find more of them than you would elsewhere. That being said there are only a couple people here who I would classify as "arrogant", most others are just confident. Don't confuse the two :p

Its a fine line! :D

But its like I said (and not just because your a moderator) but its well run here, so its not as bad as I bet it can on other Barca fan forums, or any other club forum for that matter.

Pedro17

Visca El Barca

But its like I said (and not just because your a moderator) but its well run here, so its not as bad as I bet it can on other Barca fan forums, or any other club forum for that matter.

Oh and Unbiased, I know your very unbiased so I know your probably pretty "stoked" about your "city" winning the FA cup yesterday! Must be awesome to have the Cup back home in Manchester:D haha j/k

XaviMessiGirl

Thanks :) Well also it's not like we (mods) can do anything about perceived arrogance anyway. It's only when a certain line is crossed and it becomes trolling that we can step in - and that goes for Barca fans or fans of other clubs. When someone is simply being arrogant you just have to ignore it.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End

It's because of us premier league folk here (the many liverpool, arsenal and chelsea supporters here) that makes this place tolerable from these barca fans :p We take the standard up a few levels :p

Unbiased United

Oh and Unbiased, I know your very unbiased so I know your probably pretty "stoked" about your "city" winning the FA cup yesterday! Must be awesome to have the Cup back home in Manchester:D haha j/k

:D ...To be honest, although i don't like City (think thats a given really lol!) I can't begrudge it them. Despite what I might think about the way they have arrived in this lofty situation they are in all of a sudden, they definately have a good team. To be honest they were the better team against us in the semi's, and the same against Stoke yesterday...so fair play to them.

....Still only the FA Cup though! :D

Last edited:

Galning

It's because of us premier league folk here (the many liverpool, arsenal and chelsea supporters here) that makes this place tolerable from these barca fans :p We take the standard up a few levels :p

True. In particular we are very lucky to have you here Ed, enlightening us with answers to some of the hardest dilemma's in life such as getting pizza from Pizza Hut or Domino's.

Unbiased United

...with the United fans the icing on the cake? ;)

Thanks :) Well also it's not like we (mods) can do anything about perceived arrogance anyway. It's only when a certain line is crossed and it becomes trolling that we can step in - and that goes for Barca fans or fans of other clubs. When someone is simply being arrogant you just have to ignore it.

Yeah I totally get that. If I ran the forum there would probably be just me (with my halo on.... ;) ) sat here alone, after banning everyone! :D

Just...watch your hubcaps around the scousers. :D

+1 ..... ;)

Home of Barca Fans