2011 CL Final: FC Barcelona - Manchester United FC 3-1 - Champions!

Unbiased United

well, that sums up his whole season.

No it doesn't. Sure he's a poacher but he works hard all game, constantly making runs and not giving the defence any rest, he's a total nightmare for defenders, and generally plays excellent in most games.

Does anyone know a good pub in London that won't be full of Man U fans to watch the match?

If you said Manchester, i'd say you would struggle, but in London there should be plenty.

barcaboy15

Massive game, this one.

Do many of you think that Wembley will give United an advantage?

I think to a certain degree yes, though it's hard to say to what extent.

But I would say it will definitely help, Man Utd are an English team and the game is in England so...

Unbiased United

Massive game, this one.

Do many of you think that Wembley will give United an advantage?

I'm not sure. This season United have been incredible at home, but average (at best) at almost every other ground around the country, including at Wembley in the FA Cup against City. I hope it feels like an advantage to the players, but I'm not convinced it will.

barcaboy15

I'm not sure. This season United have been incredible at home, but average (at best) at almost every other ground around the country, including at Wembley in the FA Cup against City. I hope it feels like an advantage to the players, but I'm not convinced it will.

That's a good point.

Though in most of those games, the other team has been home whereas Barca won't be for this one.

Obviously if anything it will be an advantage to Man Utd though very hard to gauge how much of an advantage, if any at all.

Unbiased United

That's a good point.

Though in most of those games, the other team has been home whereas Barca won't be for this one.

Obviously if anything it will be an advantage to Man Utd though very hard to gauge how much of an advantage, if any at all.

Yeah your right, if there is to be an advantage its obviously in United's favour. Just hope we can make it feel like an home game! :D

Canto

Johan Dalin part II
The only advantage is we know what to expect from the Wembly pitch as we've already played there twice and maybe we'll have support of the neutrals although saying that there could be a lot of ABU's in the crowd aswell i'd say. I hope it is an advantage because we're going to need all the advantages we can get.

KluivertsBoots

Wouldnt nani start instead of park

Not against Barcelona. Park will be an extremely important player for United. Nani is too wasteful and not willing enough defensively to play against Barcelona unless he comes on as a late sub to add a spark. Park will have double marking duties against both Xavi and Dani Alves.

My match prediction is unchanged. I'm still thinking United 2-1 in regular or extra time. I wouldn't be surprised to see a 1-1 match go all the way to penalties.

There's a good bit about Barca's lack of spark at El Mundo Deportivo. Given the fatigue factor, I just don't see how Barca will magically flip a switch at this stage and become the team from December. It's remarkable to think about how long it has been since Barcelona had the first choice 11 available, fit and in rhythm. These guys haven't all played a match together, let alone one this big, in a long time.

Unbiased United

Not against Barcelona. Park will be an extremely important player for United. Nani is too wasteful and not willing enough defensively to play against Barcelona unless he comes on as a late sub to add a spark. Park will have double marking duties against both Xavi and Dani Alves.

My match prediction is unchanged. I'm still thinking United 2-1 in regular or extra time. I wouldn't be surprised to see a 1-1 match go all the way to penalties.

There's a good bit about Barca's lack of spark at El Mundo Deportivo. Given the fatigue factor, I just don't see how Barca will magically flip a switch at this stage and become the team from December. It's remarkable to think about how long it has been since Barcelona had the first choice 11 available, fit and in rhythm. These guys haven't all played a match together, let alone one this big, in a long time.

I was only thinking the very same thing earlier! ...I think there is a very good chance of this happening.... might even have a dabble at in the bookies! :D

dalitis8

Banned

But that is exactly the point, now Barca have gotten the chance to rest, the whole starting 11 will be available, and it is one all or nothing game... I think that Barca will present a different face in the final...

P

PhilS

Of course Barca is not now the team it was in November and December, that may have been the hottest offensive team of all time. So, a Manita is unlikely, but so what? The defense has been superb for the entire year, even missing Puyol and Abidal. Barca has been doing well enough winning games close in 2011, well enough to win this tournament. Man U does not match up well with Barca, not enough defensive agility, they will not be as tough a test as RM was.

Unbiased United

Of course Barca is not now the team it was in November and December, that may have been the hottest offensive team of all time. So, a Manita is unlikely, but so what? The defense has been superb for the entire year, even missing Puyol and Abidal. Barca has been doing well enough winning games close in 2011, well enough to win this tournament. Man U does not match up well with Barca, not enough defensive agility, they will not be as tough a test as RM was.

This line alone shows you need to take a step back from the Barca hype, and perhaps watch another team occasionally.

RM are nothing but a first eleven full of individuals, and are clearly not as good as this United team. (I'm a stats man, in the last few years united have won everything, and continue to do so. Can RM say the same?).

The two best teams are yet again in the final of the CL. I don't base this on my own opinion but the fact we have made 3 out of the last 4 CL finals, won our league 4 out of 5 years and have broken all sorts of CL records in the last few years....RM have done nothing.

E

estranged

As I've said I really really respect united and fergie in particular, you just have to bow down when you see what he's done for that club, and they are definitely as tough as opponents come and I sure as shit won't saying "I'm sure we'll win this, we're gonna see a Manita etc." but IMO Real are a better team than Man u(as much as I hate admitting that), and I can fully understand people saying that. Mourinho's Real was excellent in all departments they were just overshadowed by Barca...but as i said before, united and fergie are experts at winning matches they should be winning so our job isn't really any easier. and for the 100th time no final is an easy call, 2005 and 1999 remind us of that.

The two best teams are yet again in the final of the CL. I don't base this on my own opinion but the fact we have made 3 out of the last 4 CL finals, won our league 4 out of 5 years and have broken all sorts of CL records in the last few years....RM have done nothing.
hey 90% of that reason was Barca ;)
Mourinho's Real DID beat us in the cup so not all is lost for them, this Real IMO is the best Real since 2002...unfortunately they'll be even better next year (better than the 2011 team not the 2002)

Pitbull2k4

The reason Real win nothing is mostly due to Barca, so it all comes down to who is better between Man U and Barca before we can judge RMA your way, which is what we wanted to do in the first place, so that's a circular argument.

Home of Barca Fans