2011 CL Final: FC Barcelona - Manchester United FC 3-1 - Champions!

Unbiased United

The reason Real win nothing is mostly due to Barca, so it all comes down to who is better between Man U and Barca before we can judge RMA your way, which is what we wanted to do in the first place, so that's a circular argument.

Fair point, can't wait to find out. :)

As I've said I really really respect united and fergie in particular, you just have to bow down when you see what he's done for that club, and they are definitely as tough as opponents come and I sure as shit won't saying "I'm sure we'll win this, we're gonna see a Manita etc." but IMO Real are a better team than Man u(as much as I hate admitting that), and I can fully understand people saying that. Mourinho's Real was excellent in all departments they were just overshadowed by Barca...but as i said before, united and fergie are experts at winning matches they should be winning so our job isn't really any easier. and for the 100th time no final is an easy call, 2005 and 1999 remind us of that.

hey 90% of that reason was Barca ;)
Mourinho's Real DID beat us in the cup so not all is lost for them, this Real IMO is the best Real since 2002...unfortunately they'll be even better next year (better than the 2011 team not the 2002)

I like you Estranged, your a fair guy.

However, this united team is the most underrated United team ever. I think it stems from the relatively poor start to the season (although we still won almost every game!). We have won our league quite easily, in what is probably the toughest EPL since it began, and of course we are in the CL final. We probably have the best defence we have ever had, and our wingers and strikers are immense. I think too many people 'jump on the bandwagon', and formulate their opinions around what others have said rather than having any genuine knowledge of United, or having had watched many of their games.

I think we have a truely amazing team (lacking only 1 WC center midfielder, and I say 'one' because Giggs is world class), but because of the respect I have for Barca, I try to only express this in moderation. I just don't get why people wouldn't think this team is a good as anyone else. If Barca win, then of course its reasonable to then say Barca are a step ahead, but until then everything is up for grabs... and to say RM are better is just silly, at least until the outcome of the game is decided, because until now we have matched Barca step for step.

Last edited:

Pepe Silvia

Fair point, can't wait to find out. :)

I like you Estranged, your a fair guy.

However, this united team is the most underrated United team ever. I think it stems from the relatively poor start to the season (although we still won almost every game!). We have won our league quite easily, in what is probably the toughest EPL since it began, and of course we are in the CL final. We probably have the best defence we have ever had, and our wingers and strikers are immense. I think too many people 'jump on the bandwagon', and formulate their opinions around what others have said rather than having any genuine knowledge of United, or having had watched many of their games.

I think we have a truely amazing team (lacking only 1 WC center midfielder, and I say 'one' because Giggs is world class), but because of the respect I have for Barca, I try to only express this in moderation. I just don't get why people wouldn't think this team is a good as anyone else. If Barca win, then of course its reasonable to then say Barca are a step ahead, but until then everything is up for grabs... and to say RM are better is just silly, at least until the outcome of the game is decided, because until now we have matched Barca step for step.
The reason people are underestimating your United team is because they lack a real superstar at the moment. A CR7, or a Kaka, or a Messi. Someone with a freak sense of football. You are a team made up of very good players and have a strong unity, a great coach who knows how to win matches. That's the reason people may be underestimating your United. Also, don't forget that United although managing wins as of late, have scraped by with ties this season on more times than I can count on two hands. They have been mediocre at best for much of the season imho. Same can be said for Barca second half, although we have still managed to pull out scrappy wins.

Unbiased United

The reason people are underestimating your United team is because they lack a real superstar at the moment. A CR7, or a Kaka, or a Messi. Someone with a freak sense of football. You are a team made up of very good players and have a strong unity, a great coach who knows how to win matches. That's the reason people may be underestimating your United. Also, don't forget that United although managing wins as of late, have scraped by with ties this season on more times than I can count on two hands. They have been mediocre at best for much of the season imho. Same can be said for Barca second half, although we have still managed to pull out scrappy wins.

Thats correct for the first half of our season, however anyone who has consistantly watched us since Jan/Feb knows we have more often than not been superb. But thats what bothers me, because most of the people with an opinion probably haven't watched us play that often, yet seem to know more about them than SAF.

Also, if Rooney isn't a big name to people its outragous. He is quite simply the heartbeat of our United team. I have said it before, when he plays well United do, when he doesn't, often the rest of the team don't either. His contribution to the team is vastly underrated because he doesn't score that often and therefore people don't hear his name has much....but he does everything else. He's the only player who (when fit) plays in practiaclly every single game, and is importance to United is unquestionable.

Pepe Silvia

Thats correct for the first half of our season, however anyone who has consistantly watched us since Jan/Feb knows we have more often than not been superb. But thats what bothers me, because most of the people with an opinion probably haven't watched us play that often, yet seem to know more about them than SAF.

Also, if Rooney isn't a big name to people its outragous. He is quite simply the heartbeat of our United team. I have said it before, when he plays well United do, when he doesn't, often the rest of the team don't either. His contribution to the team is vastly underrated because he doesn't score that often and therefore people don't hear his name has much....but he does everything else. He's the only player who (when fit) plays in practiaclly every single game, and is importance to United is unquestionable.
I watch United play almost every week tbh. You guys have been good, but far from great from the games I've seen.

Rooney is great don't get me wrong, I love the guy's tenacity and football knowledge but he always struck me as a #2 guy, not a #1. I don't know if it's been his immaturity over the years or his comfort to play the background at times, I just see him as a great "hype man", a Daz Dillinger if you will. Far from the superstar status of your old CR or a Messi.

Chicharito, also very very good. You guys are made up of a bunch of very good players, just no one strikingly good (except on defense) so that's the reason people are kind of meh with United.

Just sayin'

Unbiased United

I watch United play almost every week tbh. You guys have been good, but far from great from the games I've seen.

Rooney is great don't get me wrong, I love the guy's tenacity and football knowledge but he always struck me as a #2 guy, not a #1. I don't know if it's been his immaturity over the years or his comfort to play the background at times, I just see him as a great "hype man", a Daz Dillinger if you will. Far from the superstar status of your old CR or a Messi.

Chicharito, also very very good. You guys are made up of a bunch of very good players, just no one strikingly good (except on defense) so that's the reason people are kind of meh with United.

Just sayin'

Sorry I can't buy what you say. I could claim to watch every Barca game...wouldn't make it so.

Rooney is very much a 'number 1' type player. He is the difference between a very good united and the superb United which have been largely present in the second half of the season. He is our tailsman and very much of the same calibre as the guys you mention, and he never plays in the background.... that is the EXACT opposite of what he does, and gives you away I'm afraid.

If United beat Barcelona I suspect you has being the type of fan who will claim it was because Barca played badly rather than United being the better team. If its Barca that win however I will be the first on here admitting they should rightly be called the greatest.

Its the number one team in europe vs the number 2 team...until the conclusion on the 28th, its impossible to say which is which.

Oh, and you said a kaka when mentioning your 'superstars'....he's not fit to clean rooney's boots these days.

Last edited:

Pepe Silvia

Sorry I can't buy what you say. I could claim to watch every Barca game...wouldn't make it so.

Rooney is very much a 'number 1' type player. He is the difference between a very good united and the superb United which have been largely present in the second half of the season. He is our tailsman and very much of the same calibre as the guys you mention, and he never plays in the background.... that is the EXACT opposite of what he does, and gives you away I'm afraid.

If United beat Barcelona I suspect you has being the type of fan who will claim it was because Barca played badly rather than United being the better team. If its Barca that win however I will be the first on here admitting they should rightly be called the greatest.

Its the number one team in europe vs the number 2 team...until the conclusion on the 28th, its impossible to say which is which.

Oh, and you said a kaka when mentioning your 'superstars'....he's not fit to clean rooney's boots these days.
I think you took the Rooney comments personally. I was just stating my opinion on his characteristics as a football fan. Take nothing away from his play, he is really good and I love watching him push up the pitch. I just don't think he is worldclass.

Based on my comments, I'm a sore loser? Explain.

Barcilliant

lol@the hype for Rooney. Unbiased Utd your team are very good but if Barca are not complacent and have no bad luck (injuries, bad ref calls etc) we should win this. Yes your team is better than 09 but your need to constantly make them better then they are is telling.
u will
Our players should be rested AND motivated. Tactically Ferguson will want to keep it tight and look for the counter. First goal will be crucial. If we can get it Man U will have a hard time. BTW I have never met an EPL fan who didnt overhype his team.

It seems to be in your blood.

Pepe Silvia

Think so? I just have my opinions on Rooney and I think it struck a nerve. I would probably be the same if someone were saying Messi isn't worldclass. That's just how I see it.

At any rate, Unbiased is a good poster so no harm no foul :)

Home of Barca Fans