2011 CL Final: FC Barcelona - Manchester United FC 3-1 - Champions!

Barcilliant

How is the Wembley pitch playing?? I missed the FA cup final. Is it still a dodgy surface??

I am surprised by the lack of media interest in this game. Normally the hype and analysis start immediately. This time I havent seen any articles anywhere on this final.

Unbiased United

lol@the hype for Rooney. Unbiased Utd your team are very good but if Barca are not complacent and have no bad luck (injuries, bad ref calls etc) we should win this. Yes your team is better than 09 but your need to constantly make them better then they are is telling.
u will
Our players should be rested AND motivated. Tactically Ferguson will want to keep it tight and look for the counter. First goal will be crucial. If we can get it Man U will have a hard time. BTW I have never met an EPL fan who didnt overhype his team.

It seems to be in your blood.

Wow....pot, kettle and black all spring to mind. Look at yourself before you take time to judge others.....

My attitude =UTD are great and Barca are great...your attitude= Barca are great... full stop.

Hope you'll be on here if United win....

I'm not trying to make united to be better than they are, i'm trying to get them the credit that they deserve, which some people here are very unwilling to offer....but then again they never will. United could win this 5-0 and you would still fail to reconise their skill....It seems to be in your blood....(If we are chucking that out there...)

I think you took the Rooney comments personally. I was just stating my opinion on his characteristics as a football fan. Take nothing away from his play, he is really good and I love watching him push up the pitch. I just don't think he is worldclass.

Based on my comments, I'm a sore loser? Explain.

At the end of the day its like banging my head on a brick wall here. People have taken the time to insult United fans about their arrogance and I'm afraid its just has obvious there is a lot of ot going on here from Barca fans. A lot of 'Yeah United are good but we are much better' type of thing.... Says who???? We haven't played each other yet and our achievements this season are equal.

But some of you guys will never see past Barca, and yet you throw out the 'English hype' comments if i dare suggest I think my team or players happen to be amongst the best. If only you could see how bad it is at times here, when commenting on your own team. Some guys here have been great, but others REALLY need to take a step down off that pedestle, and look outwards from Barca once in a while.

If I say i think Rooney is the best I'm accussed of 'typical English hype', yet when the countless fans here continue to go on about their 'best in the world' team and players its just a case of '...well its true!'....

More double standards and hypocracy I'm afraid.

Iv'e been totally open minded here, and given Barca a hell of a lot of praise for being the great team they are, unfortunately its sometimes a one way thing here.

Last edited:
W

woobie

Personally, Unbiased, I am just not a big fan of Rooney - though I will admit he's quite talented. The guys on your squad I consider of particular danger in the upcoming final will be Park and Hernandez (and Giggsy but he's just cool no matter what he does). That said, my favourite United player is Van Der Sar, despite his dark past.

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
We are better than Inter, Milan, Chelsea, Arsenal, Real Madrid, Bayern Munchen, Borussia Dortmund and Manchester United. Insert whichever club name you want. We are the best in the world. Possibly one of the best teams of all time.

BUT.
There's a big fat but. United are good enough to beat us @ Wembley due to their qualities. Especially Chicarito, Rooeny and Valencia. My pants will be yellow whenever Valencia has the ball. Love that player.

But, better player have tried to beat us and failed. Lesser good players have tried to beat us and succeeded. Football is very random.

One thing is certain, Barcelona is the best club in the world. Not ignorant. Not arrogant. It's just fact.

SwiftGuyver

We are better than Inter, Milan, Chelsea, Arsenal, Real Madrid, Bayern Munchen, Borussia Dortmund and Manchester United. Insert whichever club name you want. We are the best in the world. Possibly one of the best teams of all time.

BUT.
There's a big fat but. United are good enough to beat us @ Wembley due to their qualities. Especially Chicarito, Rooeny and Valencia. My pants will be yellow whenever Valencia has the ball. Love that player.

But, better player have tried to beat us and failed. Lesser good players have tried to beat us and succeeded. Football is very random.

One thing is certain, Barcelona is the best club in the world. Not ignorant. Not arrogant. It's just fact.

yes!

this will be a very tough match but we are more than capable of winning it...

if we play near our best we should win fairly comfortably IMO but anything can happen, we all know that!

Utd are a very strong force, they have a lot of top talent, one of the best managers of all time and a relentless spirit. they are winners, just like us...

this should be a fantastic final...

Visca El Barça!!!

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I'll be in London this weekend, anyone know of any things I should/can check out that is Wembley related?...I'm wearing my Guardiola shirt on Friday, already decided

Unbiased United

BUT.

This is the type of comment which shows your arrogance.

I'm afraid its not actually 'fact'.... Not at all. Just because you and your fellow Barca fans say its so, doesn't actually make it 'fact' believe it or not.

The sheer arrogance of these type of comments astounds me.

Sod it i'll join you.... I dont care what anyone says United are the best team in the world...FACT. (I must be right i said the magic word).

Unbelievable....

If you look at all my previous post's you will see I hardley ever offer an opinion on any Barca players, other than to say they are a great team. The reason for this is because I watch maybe 15 Barca games a year, which is far short of the number required to offer a valid opinion on a team which plays close to 60.

However, there are so many here who are quick to tell of their 'vast knowledge' of other teams, when in most cases they too haven't watched anywhere near enough games. I have seen every single United game this season, and when they were scraping results early on I was the first to criticise them, because I always tell it how it is not some biased, one way opinion.

This second half though United have been excellent, and deserve all the credit I give them. What they don't desrve is the patronising, petty comments which some (the majority, recently) are coming out with, after reading and recycling what the anti-United brigade say about them....

Watch the games, take those spectlicles off, see the EPL is at least as strong as LL and you will see that saying Barca are 'way better' than United is ridiculous considering they have achieved exactly the same this season so far.

I have said many times Barca are arguably the best in Europe and they are, but (and I Dont care what anyone says), so are United....not because I support them but because they are champions of a top class league and they haven't lost a game in Europe this season....That is FACT.

Last edited:

T.I.

United cant win against Barca in an open game. So the question is, can they park a bus better than Madrid, Inter or Chelsea?

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
United cant win against Barca in an open game. So the question is, can they park a bus better than Madrid, Inter or Chelsea?

I really don't believe they will park the bus, not entirely really...I expect them to flood the midfield a bit to prevent Barca from trying to get comfortable on the ball there but they will pressure up top, relentlessly

ViscaBarca914

BLASPHEMY!
I'm getting so pumped for this.......I can't decide what I would rather see. A ridiculous game with both teams creating chances and Barca winning...or a dominate performance like the 5-0 rape.
The dominate performance would involve muuuuch less stress and anger on my part :lol:
But surely hard fought wins just give you that special happiness.
The game could turn out to be either of those so im not holding my breathe or anything. I have high hopes though. It all depends on our boys.....we are capable of OWNING this game for 90 minutes. We are also capable of making stupid mistakes that could cost us. But if our front 5 are all in top form....expect goals to rain.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
1305664163133.jpg

Pitbull2k4

This is the type of comment which shows your arrogance.

I'm afraid its not actually 'fact'.... Not at all. Just because you and your fellow Barca fans say its so, doesn't actually make it 'fact' believe it or not.

The sheer arrogance of these type of comments astounds me.

Sod it i'll join you.... I dont care what anyone says United are the best team in the world...FACT. (I must be right i said the magic word).

Unbelievable....

If you look at all my previous post's you will see I hardley ever offer an opinion on any Barca players, other than to say they are a great team. The reason for this is because I watch maybe 15 Barca games a year, which is far short of the number required to offer a valid opinion on a team which plays close to 60.

However, there are so many here who are quick to tell of their 'vast knowledge' of other teams, when in most cases they too haven't watched anywhere near enough games. I have seen every single United game this season, and when they were scraping results early on I was the first to criticise them, because I always tell it how it is not some biased, one way opinion.

This second half though United have been excellent, and deserve all the credit I give them. What they don't desrve is the patronising, petty comments which some (the majority, recently) are coming out with, after reading and recycling what the anti-United brigade say about them....

Watch the games, take those spectlicles off, see the EPL is at least as strong as LL and you will see that saying Barca are 'way better' than United is ridiculous considering they have achieved exactly the same this season so far.

I have said many times Barca are arguably the best in Europe and they are, but (and I Dont care what anyone says), so are United....not because I support them but because they are champions of a top class league and they haven't lost a game in Europe this season....That is FACT.

Except that Barca has won the most trophies in recent years, scored the most goals, has the best player in the world and is considered by most neutral observers as the best team.

barcaboy15

unbiased united -

There is something you really need to understand - this Barcelona team is THE best in the world. That is not a fact as obviously that depends on people's opinion however there are VERY VERY FEW people who would argue with that point. And when such an overwhelming majority of people know/think something then although it is not officially a fact it is generally accepted to be.

And I'm not talking about Barcelona fans saying this, nearly the whole footballing world (professionals, managers, players, reporters, commentators etc) agree on this point and over the last few years the question has gone from 'Are Barcelona the best team in the world'? to 'Are Barcelona the best club team of all time'?

And you keep saying they've acheived the same thing so far this year, but that is completely untrue. Here is a copy and paste of a post I made on this subject a couple of weeks ago:

I am not disputing Man Utd's quality, as they really are a very good team but I really think if you look at it objectively then you'll see how they're not really on the same level overall as this Barca team, believed by many to be THE best club team of all time.

And yes, you've won 17 out of 18 home matches (we've won 16/18) but you've won 5 out of 18 away matches (we've won 13/16 away matches).

And I fully agree, that despite a very shaky start and problems with Rooney etc that Man Utd have really hit their stride and are deserved league winners this year, however their season can't really be seriously compared to Barca's - who are on 91 points with 3 games to go, who have scored 91 goals while conceding 19, who destroyed the most expensive team ever assembled in the history of football 5-0 in probably the best ever single team performance (whilst starting 8 academy players), who had 3 of those academy players crowned the world's best, 2nd best, and 3rd best players, who are in their second final in three years (losing out by one goal the other year), who will be crowned league champions for the third year in a row, I could go on but you get the point...

You keep saying we just say this because we are Barcelona fans but that's just not true, many many people say this (and as I said they are respected professionals) not fans.

But who says this Man Utd team is the best in the world? Nevermind the best of all time? Practically nobody.

And in my opinion, this MU team is vastly underrated however they are NOT on the same overall level as Barcelona.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans