2011 CL Final: FC Barcelona - Manchester United FC 3-1 - Champions!

Pepe Silvia

I´m not surprised about Pique´s top speed, the guy has extremely long legs, but Puyol? damn
It's because we rarely see Puyol at top stride. I can recall recently Puyol chasing down someone (I think it was when he covered Pique's ass in a Clasico) and totally outran I think it was DiMaria to the ball and cleared it. He was lightening fast on that exchange. He hardly does that though.

X

xaviniesta

It's because we rarely see Puyol at top stride. I can recall recently Puyol chasing down someone (I think it was when he covered Pique's ass in a Clasico) and totally outran I think it was DiMaria to the ball and cleared it. He was lightening fast on that exchange. He hardly does that though.

Come on, he is the Captain , that's his duty : )

Pepe Silvia

So good to be working with a full strength squad at this time of the season. A few minutes for our starters come this weekend, and some stretches/fitness and we'll be ready to hurt some devils.

Can't wait for this game.

Phatroonaldo

I have to disagree with you here about Dani Alves .His pace and top speed are totally overrated. His stamina is great though.

Our top 3 fastest are - Messi, Villa, Abidal.

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/archive/southafrica2010/statistics/players/distanceandspeed.html

the fastest Barcelona players in WC2010, belive it or not, were Puyol & Pique with 28.15 km/h, Hernandez's top speed were 32.15 km/h

btw
Iker's top speed - 22.53 km/h
Xavi's top speed - 22,70 km/h

Busquets, Xavi, Fabregas and Xabi are faster than affelay and pedro? Ibrahimovic is faster than pedro, and is as fast as mata? Gareth barry is faster than fernando torres? Park ji sung is faster than aaron lennon? Rooney is faster than ronaldo? Heskey as fast as coentrao? :lol:

2ch2umr.jpg

Pedram123

Chicharito was rated the World Cup's fastest player in South Africa. Valencia, Park, Rooney, Anderson, Evra and the twins can all run with the best.

In terms of pure speed, I would only put Messi, Dani, and Adriano in the same league as United's fastest. I could be underselling Abidal, and I think Mascherano is faster than people realize.

Dani isn't that fast... Di maria was running rings around him.

X

xaviniesta

Busquets, Xavi, Fabregas and Xabi are faster than affelay and pedro? Ibrahimovic is faster than pedro, and is as fast as mata? Gareth barry is faster than fernando torres? Park ji sung is faster than aaron lennon? Rooney is faster than ronaldo? Heskey as fast as coentrao? :lol:

2ch2umr.jpg

Get your facts right , dude. Pedro's top speed was 23.20 km/h, Xavi 22,7 km/h, Busquets 22.63 km/h

And those are official stats. Pedro seems soo fast because how he moves his arms lol :D

gingerless

Get your facts right , dude. Pedro's top speed was 23.20 km/h, Xavi 22,7 km/h, Busquets 22.63 km/h

And those are official stats. Pedro seems soo fast because how he moves his arms lol :D

i think it's because he runs "more", not "jog" i mean RUN, you see him RUN more like dani so you think dang, he is fast. your mind puts emphasis on it because you see it more in them than the others

dalitis8

Banned
Chicharito was rated the World Cup's fastest player in South Africa. Valencia, Park, Rooney, Anderson, Evra and the twins can all run with the best.

In terms of pure speed, I would only put Messi, Dani, and Adriano in the same league as United's fastest. I could be underselling Abidal, and I think Mascherano is faster than people realize.

You are gonna need it...

M

mitkoa7x

Hernandez will be a threat but if the defence isolates him from getting good passes he is done for. He is the typical poacher just waiting for the ball to come to his foot. Rooney will pose more danger to our defence (cuz he is an inteligent player, kinda...) but im no expert i trust Pep will take the necesery precautions.

dalitis8

Banned
If we are in top condition, then we have very little to fear.

Maybe Rooney a bit, or Valencia due to his strength and pace.

Home of Barca Fans