2011 CL Final: FC Barcelona - Manchester United FC 3-1 - Champions!

E

estranged

Messi: "Man U will not try to break our play like Madrid did”...and Adriano's back to training.

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
you'll have to forgive us, we've just finished a 3rd season where in the 2nd half every team has parked a fleet of double-decker buses against us, including a 4 game tilt w/ Jose Mourinho, the king of parked buses. It's rare for us to see at team actually have a go at us, and even rarer still to comprehend a manager planning that he will have a go at us. I think the last team to try and attack us was Espanyol last December in the Cornella and that ended 1-5. Real Madrid tried at the Nou Camp in November and that ended 5-0. so again, please forgive us.

Also, another reason you'll have to forgive us for sounding arrogant is because FCB does not change tactics, irrespective of the opponent. our best 11 goes out there to attack and win. every game. that's hurt us w/ injuries and a lot players adding mileage, but hey, we're proud of that. SAF will tune down United's brand of attacking football against us. he has to. But I don't think he'll be as negative as Chelsea or RM.

I just hope FCB doesn't start slow in this Final. Irrespective of a more defensively minded United, they will make us pay if we start sloppy.

United attack as a unit and defend as one aswell.

VDS, Rafael, Rio, Vidic, Evra, Carrick, Ando/Giggs, Valencia, Park, Rooney, Hernandez.

That team while being solid at the back and will work hard to defend. Can you name one player apart from Rio and Vida who offer nothing offensively?

Pedram123

It's not what you offer offensively, it's what you CHOOSE to offer that game.
Eto vs barca, 'nuff said.

VDS, Rafael, Rio, Vidic, Evra, Carrick, Ando/Giggs, Valencia, Park, Rooney, Hernandez.

That team while being solid at the back and will work hard to defend. Can you name one player apart from Rio and Vida who offer nothing offensively?

ViscaBarca914

BLASPHEMY!

VDS =)
but yeah Barca are the same. Our entire team is attack oriented besides Puyol for the most part :lol:. And when the ball is lost the entire team switches to defense and we put super pressure on the opposition. We are used to entire teams playing defensive anyway. Ain't no thang ;)

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Kit is done

1305812742288.jpg

R

redlyn

Counter attacking is seen as parking the bus if the defending is more than attacking. Personally I dont care if we defend a lot more than attack. Actually I HOPE our strategy involves copious amounts of defending, as i see it as the best formula vs barca. I hope while taking a break from the bus parking we manage to get some shots off. I hope we draw inspiration from madrid and any other WINNING tactic. I don't care for the moral high ground of pretty footy. I only care for a big fat trophy at the end of 90 mins of graft. The end for me will justify the means.

P

PhilS

Hernandez will be a threat but if the defence isolates him from getting good passes he is done for. He is the typical poacher just waiting for the ball to come to his foot. Rooney will pose more danger to our defence (cuz he is an inteligent player, kinda...) but im no expert i trust Pep will take the necesery precautions.

Chicharito does need someone to pass to him. He has those teammates, they will have to be consistently pressured to reduce the threat of the final pass to the little pea.

The dude is much more of a threat than "the typical poacher". I've never seen anyone better at getting to the best spot to receive the final pass. When that pass arrives, he finishes awfully well. Rooney is a great passer, a two-way, all-around forward.

Corb

Special 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...
I'm glad team is resting and preparing the game. Even if we lose, I'll be proud of my team if they give their best.

Pepe Silvia

Counter attacking is seen as parking the bus if the defending is more than attacking. Personally I dont care if we defend a lot more than attack. Actually I HOPE our strategy involves copious amounts of defending, as i see it as the best formula vs barca. I hope while taking a break from the bus parking we manage to get some shots off. I hope we draw inspiration from madrid and any other WINNING tactic. I don't care for the moral high ground of pretty footy. I only care for a big fat trophy at the end of 90 mins of graft. The end for me will justify the means.
So you wouldn't have any problems walking away with that trophy if it meant 10 Man u players butchering Barca down for 90 minutes?

Sounds similar to a rapper selling his soul for a contract, getting pimped by the industry and turned into a completely different person all for the dollar. We all know how that story goes. The rapper ends up soulless, empty and at the end, without a penny or fan to his name.

Barca on the other hand, are like that committed underground rapper who never wavers and stays true to his sound, pays dues like no other, even if it means getting shitted on or taken advantage of for a season, then comes up on their own (independently) and makes their own money and is in control of their destiny. That success is real, lasting, and ends with fulfillment of dreams and hapiness.

I'd much rather be the underground rapper.

sukhy

So you wouldn't have any problems walking away with that trophy if it meant 10 Man u players butchering Barca down for 90 minutes?

Sounds similar to a rapper selling his soul for a contract, getting pimped by the industry and turned into a completely different person all for the dollar. We all know how that story goes. The rapper ends up soulless, empty and at the end, without a penny or fan to his name.

Barca on the other hand, are like that committed underground rapper who never wavers and stays true to his sound, pays dues like no other, even if it means getting shitted on or taken advantage of for a season, then comes up on their own (independently) and makes their own money and is in control of their destiny. That success is real, lasting, and ends with fulfillment of dreams and hapiness.

That is the most awesome analogy ever!!

Aasim

Bumbleman

Which one gets killed in a drive by?

Juan03

:okay:

Home of Barca Fans