2011 CL Final: FC Barcelona - Manchester United FC 3-1 - Champions!

IrvDizzle

Charlie Sheen's Protégé
There is a huge element of luck required to win a tournament like the CL. but as the old saying goes: Luck is when preparation meets opportunity. Great teams create their own luck, and United have done so because they are talented and have a great manager. Look at Scholes' goal in 2008 vs us. poor giveaway from Zambrotta, but deadly finish from him.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Forecast calling for rain...Shame Wembley's retractable roof is only a parlour trick rather than a really retractable one

IrvDizzle

Charlie Sheen's Protégé
rain in England? get the hell outta here. I don't believe that.

it means that the pitch will be nice and slick :)

Pepe Silvia

Thing is, United fans can't really take the moral high ground when it comes to players surrounding refs when they want calls to go their way. Nor can they take the moral high ground when it comes to players who dive. So it probably isn't the most productive thing to do to start finger pointing.
:worthy:

Light rain and heavy downpour are two different things. Difference being fast pitch and pond.

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
Show me one quote where Carrick is = Busquets.

I wasnt talking about that, And i never actually said that in the 1st place. I wwas talking about how Xavi rates Carrick highly, which was in response to your ridiculous post about how your cantera are better.

Pepe Silvia

I wasnt talking about that, And i never actually said that in the 1st place. I wwas talking about how Xavi rates Carrick highly, which was in response to your ridiculous post about how your cantera are better.
I could've sworn a while back that you were a dedicated Barca fan. Then all this red devil stuff came screaming in and now I even read your posts with an English accent. Where's the loveable Scottish Fireman gone?

Miss that guy.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I have to imagine living in the UK and not adopting United or some other big English club has to be pretty tough

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
I could've sworn a while back that you were a dedicated Barca fan. Then all this red devil stuff came screaming in and now I even read your posts with an English accent. Where's the loveable Scottish Fireman gone?

Miss that guy.

Haha, Im still that Guy Pepe...:D

I only joined the forum because a friend bet me I couldnt hide as a barca fan for a month, But I like the forum, so it took me ages to reveal myself..:lol:

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
I have to imagine living in the UK and not adopting United or some other big English club has to be pretty tough

Says the Born and Bred Catalan? ;)

Ive supported United since I was 7. When my Dad took me to a game. Ive since went to on average 10 League games a season + A couple of C ties. Not that I have to explain myself to you.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Says the Born and Bred Catalan? ;)

Being a Yank in Europe, I have the benefit of not being pulled in any particular direction to support a club - I let the football do the talking

Ive supported United since I was 7. When my Dad took me to a game. Ive since went to on average 10 League games a season + A couple of C ties. Not that I have to explain myself to you.

Judging from your kneejerk interpretation of my comments, that must've only been a couple of years ago...I'll have to dig up where I asked for an explanation :rolleyes:

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
I didnt appreciate your hint that I am a glory hunter. Dont have to dig up anything. Especially since I dont recall I said anything to you to provoke it? seemed to come out of the blue?

Home of Barca Fans