2011 CL Final: FC Barcelona - Manchester United FC 3-1 - Champions!

Unbiased United

Stop provoking.

I'm sure he and all Cules are happy that Xavi has class to hold his opponents with such high regard.

Who are you?

Once again, take the Barca specticles off, read back a few pages and see it was infact HIM who provoked me. I offered some very complimentary thoughts on Barca and he provoked me, with pointless negative comments...but of course thats acceptable because he supports your team.

The Barca team and players have a lot of class....unfortunately some 'fans' here don't. There is nothing more satisfying to me than hearing all the negatives about my team, only to have a senior member of the team he supports, say the total opposite....brilliant! :veryhappy:

Creepy

Being a Yank in Europe, I have the benefit of not being pulled in any particular direction to support a club - I let the football do the talking

Sounds like you support Barca because of their beautiful football. Some people call that glory hunting. Just putting it out there!

P

PhilS

Any possibility he plays Carrick?

Val-Fletch-Carr-Park
Roo
Chic
I think this lineup is their best shot. Fletcher and Carrick are pretty good by EPL standards, but they are badly overmatched against Barca. Messi, Xavi, Iniesta and Alves will dribble and pass circles around them. The only chance Man U has to contain Barca is a huge defensive contribution from Park, Valencia and Rooney.

Pepe and Lass did quite well against Barca this spring, when they were both on the field. They got away with lots and lots of fouls, even with the Pepe red. Pepe is a superb athlete, Man U has no DM who is comparable.

XaviMessiGirl

Chill out. This is a Barca forum, of course there are going to be people who are massively biased towards Barca. Just like Redcafe and other such sites are massively biased toward United. No offense but it was your choice to start posting here and it should have been something to be expected when posting on a forum where the vast majority of its members are Barca supporters. Shouldn't be shocking tbh.

Most of you visiting fans have been great here and we've had little trouble so far, thanks for that... but don't get so worked up over a few comments made by Barca fans on a Barca forum.

Pepe Silvia

Who are you?

Once again, take the Barca specticles off, read back a few pages and see it was infact HIM who provoked me. I offered some very complimentary thoughts on Barca and he provoked me, with pointless negative comments...but of course thats acceptable because he supports your team.

The Barca team and players have a lot of class....unfortunately some 'fans' here don't. There is nothing more satisfying to me than hearing all the negatives about my team, only to have a senior member of the team he supports, say the total opposite....brilliant! :veryhappy:
I'm no one. I'm just someone trying to keep the peace. To be fair, you guys have been provoking eachother for a few dozen pages.

Probably best to ignore some fans unbiased. There is an ignore button that you can use for those insufferable Barca fans who love to rave about their team on their forum :cool:

Phatroonaldo

Vidic' comments are justified. Majority of European football agree. Just take a look across all major footy forums.

This comment itself is the most arrogant thing I've read on here.

And as for Vidic's comments, can anybody really say he was wrong? Barcelona are known for their playacting as well as their football. Busquets is probably known as the worst in the world when it comes to diving and feigning injury. Not to mention you guys do have a tendency to hound the referee throughout the big games, putting pressure on him to make a decision. I've lost count of the amount of times Valdes has come storming out of his net to yell something to the ref .

images

images

vidic-handball-wc.jpg

Strong superman is strong.

Strong hypocrite is strong.

Like I said earlier, when a blatant cheating cunt like vidic decides to have a moral highground above us, whose team mates are divers like nani, rooney, berbatov, carrick and dangerous tacklers like scholes whose dangerous challenge is always laughed at like "Oh, a trademark scholes tackle", He can stick that high ground up his arse. :wave:

Oh "talking about pressuring refs", how innocent are united players, never pressuring the refs...they never do that. They never did that against chelsea in their league game. They never comment about other team's players except for when evra did to nasri. :wave:

Strong hypocrite is strong. :)

Peerd

Notorious Demagogue
Last edited:

Unbiased United

Chill out. This is a Barca forum, of course there are going to be people who are massively biased towards Barca. Just like Redcafe and other such sites are massively biased toward United. No offense but it was your choice to start posting here and it should have been something to be expected when posting on a forum where the vast majority of its members are Barca supporters. Shouldn't be shocking tbh.

Most of you visiting fans have been great here and we've had little trouble so far, thanks for that... but don't get so worked up over a few comments made by Barca fans on a Barca forum.

Fans who fail to show any form of empathy will always be shot down by me irrespective of who they support. If I happen to get banned for that its totally fine, but whilst i'm here I am always going to defend my team and shoot down general ignorance.

Read the first 20 pages or so on this thread. There was a lot of mutual respect shown, and it was a nice place to be. But not only that it shows it doesn't have to be this constant United/ EPL bashing.

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
Who are you?

:lol: you really think you are someone don't you? you're a manc. that says all

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
Snipe remarks after another. Disgusting behaviour from both sides.

My outtake on the final is following: Both teams have had an interesting season and both are definitely in the CL final by their own right. No question there. ManU did have a slight slump this season, but so did Barça. At one point it seemed we had really ran out of steam, but picked up a number of important along the way with finally snatching the league. But aside from each team winning their distinctive leagues, I do believe that the final will be completely different from the 2009 one due to the fact that Fergie knows better this time.

I've never been a huge of ManU myself, but they do play quite attractive football. It would be foolish to deny otherwise simply for the sheer dislike of the EPL. I do also have an immense respect for Fergie. The man has been winning non-stop for quite a while now, and the winning mentality reflects from the squad he has. However, Barça's definitely no lightweight in that department either. Our team has been on an insane trophy streak ever since Guardiola took over. I really do believe both teams have what it takes to win the Final. It's all about who will capitalize their opportunities first and remain sharp throughout the game.

We have our own Iniesta, Xavi, Busquets, Messi, Villa, Valdés, Pique, Puyol etc. while ManU has loads of good and solid talent as well including Chicharito, Rooney, Valencia, Carrick, Van Der Sar, Rio, Vidic etc. I'm really just hoping for a decent final without hacking and slashing. Just pure and beautiful football.

Let the best team win!

Phatroonaldo

I've never been a huge of ManU myself, but they do play quite attractive football. It would be foolish to deny otherwise simply for the sheer dislike of the EPL.

I don't dislike united and I don't give a shit about epl vs la liga, I love to watch good football whichever league it may be, basically more epl than la liga. But some of the comments here by utd fans taking a moral high ground towards their team is laughable, just like vidic himself did when he himself is a pathetic cheater who thinks he can get away with handballs all the time. It's like their players never dive, they have never won a penalty by a dive, never pressurised the refs, never asked refs for booking. This is not united bashing, I'm just showing what a bunch of hypocrites these utd fans are.

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
It's not about taking moral high-ground ffs. It's about defending your own team.

However, the thing is that people usually justify the ends by whatever means, which is unfortunate and highly disrespectful. And to be fair, both the Barça and ManU fans are guilty of the aforementioned. Takes two to tango etc.

Home of Barca Fans