2015 CL Final: Barca - Juve 3-1 !!!CAMPIONS!!!

R

Ryu Hayabusa

i think pep's barca would have beaten anybody.

Yet you didn't. :p
Anyways, guy asks me whether I think Bayern 2013 could have beaten Pep's Barca, I reply "of course, because..., but might as well have gone the other way, as I simply don't know for sure, too many variables and such". Guy calls me a troll (because in his world it is ludicrous to even think Bayern 2013 could have beaten Pep's Barca, no matter what) and mixes up football terms.

footyfan

Calma, calma
i think pep's barca would have beaten anybody. people did press us but we were too good on the ball, meaning they resorted to bus park tactics. it was when we lost our edge that teams could press us again and win.

this current barca is interesting because it plays a different style. i don't know where it ranks all time.

You can never say for sure. Pep's Barca was kind of lucky it occurred when all the other teams were weaker than their normal selves. It would have been close vs 2013 Bayern. I think 2015 Barca would have equal chances to beat 2013 Bayern too. Both the Barcas are the favorites imo.

IMO Barca in this current form are as good as Pep's Barca, in terms of getting the win. Let's not get too nostalgic. They are on course to get 96 points in one of the toughest La Liga seasons I can remember and convincingly beat all their CL and Copa opponents.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Yet you didn't. :p
Anyways, guy asks me whether I think Bayern 2013 could have beaten Pep's Barca, I reply "of course, because..., but might as well have gone the other way, as I simply don't know for sure, too many variables and such". Guy calls me a troll (because in his world it is ludicrous to even think Bayern 2013 could have beaten Pep's Barca, no matter what) and mixes up football terms.

i don't get your first sentence there.

Bran the Greenseer

The current Barca could probably beat any team ever if everyone is in form, not as good as Pep's barca in possession but we're just too lethal in attack and too solid in defense for me to really see any team that this team couldn't theoretically beat, not to say we'd win every match or anything, just in theory.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
You can never say for sure. Pep's Barca was kind of lucky it occurred when all the other teams were weaker than their normal selves. It would have been close vs 2013 Bayern. I think 2015 Barca would have equal chances to beat 2013 Bayern too. Both the Barcas are the favorites imo.

IMO Barca in this current form are as good as Pep's Barca, in terms of getting the win. Let's not get too nostalgic. They are on course to get 96 points in one of the toughest La Liga seasons I can remember and convincingly beat all their CL and Copa opponents.

i agree with you there. but pep's barca will stay in everyones minds because it was even more pleasing on the eye, effectiveness wise this barca is just as good if not better.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

The current Barca could probably beat any team ever if everyone is in form, not as good as Pep's barca in possession but we're just too lethal in attack and too solid in defense for me to really see any team that this team couldn't theoretically beat, not to say e'd win every match or anything.

Exactly, in theory a lot seems plausible, yet we don't know. That is why it boggles the mind to read statements such as "the historic Bayern team of 2013 could never have beaten the historic Barca team of Pep's era". How the fuck does he know, I wonder. Is he god?

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Why oh why are we still talking about Bayern, in the Barça-Juve thread ? Aren't we over with those ? Do we have to cope with the "bayern is the best team ever" trolling forever ?

Bran the Greenseer

Exactly, in theory a lot seems plausible, yet we don't know. That is why it boggles the mind to read statements such as "the historic Bayern team of 2013 could never have beaten the historic Barca team of Pep's era". How the fuck does he know, I wonder. Is he god?

Yeah, after a certain point these arguments can only be described as which team you like/think is better. Theres no way to know for sure that Pep couldn't pull a trick out of his hat using the 2010 squad to beat this current squad same with the Bayern squad or Spain 2012 or Brazil 70. I feel like this forum is suffering from too much success atm, theres nothing to do but discuss/argue over random things like this.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Why oh why are we still talking about Bayern, in the Barça-Juve thread ? Aren't we over with those ? Do we have to cope with the "bayern is the best team ever" trolling forever ?

You are aware of the concept of chronological order and have also mastered the feat of reading?

M

monamou

This

We trashed Bayern and fuck 'em. This thread is not about them. Let's celebrate the league!

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Yeah, after a certain point these arguments can only be described as which team you like/think is better. Theres no way to know for sure that Pep couldn't pull a trick out of his hat using the 2010 squad to beat this current squad same with the Bayern squad or Spain 2012 or Brazil 70. I feel like this forum is suffering from too much success atm, theres nothing to do but discuss/argue over random things like this.

+1!

StarLord

You make more than 1 argument in the same post (you probably don't even realize it) and keep strawmanning the other person to oblivion. It's pretty annoying, and kind of why I usually don't keep up a discussion with you.

Well that is your opinion, and just like Ryu, you back it up with absolutely zero.

Let's be more concrete here. I told him (repeatedly) that from his posts on this forum, the implications are that Bayern are more or less, far and away, the best team in the world. I disagree with that and I have repeatedly cited results etc to support my claims with. Both you and Ryu follow a very similar line in the way you argue. Both of you being non-Barca fans (which is perfectly fine with everyone here) tend to mostly imply what you want to say, instead of saying it directly, since this is a Barcaforum and you do not want to upset the majority of this forum too much.

Both you and Ryu, tend to be quite negative about Barca, but mostly you avoid saying it straight, preferring to merely insinuate one thing or the other. If you wish, I can provide dozens of examples from both of you.

When I sometimes say things like: "OK. Alaba will win you the CL single-handedly next season" Obviously, I am not saying that Ryu really claimed that Alaba can do such a thing, but I am ramming the point home, that Alaba's importance and decisiveness in football matches has been exaggerated by him (and other Bayern fans) in order to provide excuses for Bayern's latest CL elimination and also take away credit from our own side.

When you for example, say things like: "Perfect time to face Bayern" when Bayern lost a few domestic games after they had their league wrapped up you are clearly implying that our team is not really as good as we think it is, or not as good as its nigh perfect results this year demonstrate.

Or things like: "Messi is the number one factor, defensive solidity is the second, and Suarez-Neymar the third" when looking for the reason behind Barca's epic domestic and European runs this season, I get the clear impression that you wish to talk down our best non-Messi players.

Hence the provocations on my part, I prefer people stating clearly what they want to say. Not hiding behind semantics and other paraphernalia.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans