2015 CL Final: Barca - Juve 3-1 !!!CAMPIONS!!!

Sunny Mir

With Chiellini out, Suarez less motivated now?...English press likely to enjoy the focus on Evra vs Suarez, nevermind the Frenchman will be suicidal after dealing with Leo
Oh yeah. Forgot about the Evra vs Messi battle. Shouild be tasty to watch.:suarez:

Vialli_92

Nah, Chiellini was good vs RM because they gave him lots of balls he just loves to attack -- crosses. He is very hard to beat in the air, probably the best CB in the world at those kind of balls, but if you put the ball down and you pass it quick as our MSN love to do, Chielini is exposed. Just like he was in the Euro final vs Spain.

He was exposed in that final because he was injured and couldn't run. Should have never started that match and that pretty much handed the trophy to Spain giving them all the momentum so early on.

serghei

He was exposed in that final because he was injured and couldn't run. Should have never started that match and that pretty much handed the trophy to Spain giving them all the momentum so early on.

Regardless of an injury, the fact remains that he is slow. Looks a bit like Mathieu in that regard. I've seen the same mistakes in both of them. They also share some strong points (heading ability, tackling sometimes, good power).

Kohe321

Regardless of an injury, the fact remains that he is slow. Looks a bit like Mathieu in that regard. I've seen the same mistakes in both of them. They also share some strong points (heading ability, tackling sometimes, good power).

But, Mathieu is anything but slow? He has pretty spectacular pace and acceleration, especially when taking his height into consideration.

RevoTeller

Really? He started only 10 games this season and he is 34 years old.

The only problem for Barzagli and Juventus is his physical shape, indeed, since he missed a consistent part of the season and he is probably not 100% fit.
Still, Juventus sources are saying he is fit for the match, and quality-wise and as a defender, it's Barzagli >> Chiellini.
Also, Chiellini could have gifted us a penalty or a red card or a wrong pass with his awful feet, while Barzagli is much smarter and more classy, no doubt.

amircule

714fed09a5ea7695139cfb2a0cf4588b.jpg

Gnez

Chiellini out is a serious blow for Juventus. This guy is a pillar of the team since serie B in 2006 and damn he deserved to play the CL Final.
We know about his clumsiness and carelessness risks but what may i expect from the substitutes: Barzagli would be a rocky expert defender but he's 34 and not in a good shape, i don't think he'll be able to consistently react to your fast technical players; Ogbonna can't linger focused and definitely he doesn't handle the pressure...

Home of Barca Fans