2023 Preseason

Devils

Xavi gotta be practicing that Haitian voodoo.

I've never seen a manager who gets so lucky to not concede goals like this guy.

serghei

What to take away?

Madrid could easily have scored 5 and I don't think we produced one good chance organically from open play. Still won 3-0.

Which is another way to say we have been lethal on the counter and in transitions.

Madrid had chances, but mostly with long shots (great ones to be fair), Vini 1vs1 mostly on Dest, and a stupid pen caused by Araujo.

Horatio

You're welcome
Which is another way to say we have been lethal on the counter and in transitions.

Madrid had chances, but mostly with long shots (great ones to be fair), Vini 1vs1 mostly on Dest, and a stupid pen caused by Araujo.
2 were long shots and 4 weren't.

Horatio

You're welcome
Yeah, most were after min 60, when Dest came in and was unable to do anything vs Vinicius in 1 vs 1. Covered that in my post.
No they weren't.

-Vini penalty miss 20'
-Rodrygo free kick shot 32' (but this was a save by ter stegen btw, I thought it hit post)
-Rodrygo shot after turn on crossbar 39'
-Jude Bellingham rebound on post 39'
-Tchouameni shot crossbar 62'

Dest came in minute 76'. Most big real chances were before he came on.
But Dest was awful yeah. Vini had an easy time with him.

utility73

Nothing much to get from this match.
Typical friendly crapshoot, very entertaining though, especially for the local crowd.

Without pointing fingers at individual players defense was atrocious on both sides.
Madrid was able to produce a ton of chances including quite a lot of high quality ones throughout the whole of the match.
How they managed to not score even once is quite the mystery.
Well maybe not a mystery but just Vini being Vini and such.

Fermin was a very positive highlight tough.

iniestaGOAT

What to take away?

Madrid could easily have scored 5 and I don't think we produced one good chance organically from open play. Still won 3-0.

Did you watch the game? Cause you seem clueless.

Madrid had no real chances. All their crossbar shots came from Penalties and Free kicks. and wilding long range shots cause they were unable to create anything.

In short, they were locked down by Barca mdfield.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Very suprised about this fantastic result but Real hit the crossbar 4 times lol, imagine this luck when playing in Anfield 2019.

I forgot how good Dembouz can play, Frenkie, Balde, Pedri also top and even Oriol was great

At Real side i damn Vini and Rodrygo were on fire but they are missing a classic striker

Messi983

why is Xavi looking up at the sky?

Was probably looking at one of the big screens in "Jerry world". And I mean they are really big.

Guinness World Records was on hand at the September 28, 2009, game against the Carolina Panthers to award certificates to the chairman of Mitsubishi Electric and Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones for the world's largest HD video display.[28] For basketball events played in Cowboys Stadium, such as the 2010 NBA All-Star Game, the video board is actually larger than the court. It has since been surpassed in size by the screen at Charlotte Motor Speedway[61][62] and the video boards at TIAA Bank Field.[citation needed]

We can’t all have amazing seats at the football game. Lucky for Dallas Cowboy fans, the AT&T Stadium has two 72 ft by 160 ft high definition screens that can display a nearly life sized game to fans sitting anywhere in the stadium. Called Mitsubishi Diamond Vision, 10.5 million LED lights work together to make any seat a front row seat. With a total surface area of over 25,000 square feet, the video board weighs a shocking 1.2 million pounds, the equivalent of roughly 18 and a half firetrucks. In order to service the giant display, there are 10 different levels within the Mitsubishi Diamond Vision structure. Each level can be accessed through an interior elevator system that travels up the center. Even if you are not a Cowboys fan, the Mitsubishi Diamond Vision makes the trip to AT&T stadium worth it.

field-taht-huge-tv-screen.jpg

BusiTheKing

Did you watch the game? Cause you seem clueless.

Madrid had no real chances. All their crossbar shots came from Penalties and Free kicks. and wilding long range shots cause they were unable to create anything.

In short, they were locked down by Barca mdfield.

Real had a bunch of good chances. Can't remember them all now, but in addition to the crossbars there was a very open Joselu header and one where Vinicius slipped before he could finish in a very good position. Garcia coming in to block another finish from close on another occasion. Vinicius left footed shot from just outside the box that went straight at Ter Stegen but with more angle could have gone in.

Horatio

You're welcome
Lol when they showed Barca's formation it said head coach: Carlo Ancellotti
When they showed Real Madrid it said head coach: Xavi Hernandez

Yanks.

Richard.H

Still not impressed with our team. It seems like it's worse than last season, while RM made some clear improvements to their squad.

Home of Barca Fans