21 - Frenkie de Jong

jamrock

You are joking, right?

No who are the players that looked utter shit bar lewa?

Yamal
Raphinha
Kounde
Cubarsi
Mats

None of whom where utter shit last season, that's some of our best players last season.

Because pretty much everyone else was either injured, in the B team or a new signing, so far this season.

So who if it's not just lewa?

Kul_z

No who are the players that looked utter shit bar lewa?

Yamal
Raphinha
Kounde
Cubarsi
Mats

None of whom where utter shit last season, that's some of our best players last season.

Because pretty much everyone else was either injured, in the B team or a new signing, so far this season.

So who if it's not just lewa?
You are seriously impying after that last shitshow of the season there is only lewa to blame? Injuries? Adress that to coaching stuff too

serghei

Oh the standards.

That's the standard for the type of signing he was. Very big expectations for a very big transfer and investment.

Let's see if he can make an impact in CL. The team already got a league title already, not much he can improve here under Flick. Maybe getting back to back titles this season and the next. That could be quite something...

jamrock

You are seriously impying after that last shitshow of the season there is only lewa to blame? Injuries? Adress that to coaching stuff too

I didn't say anyone was or wasn't to blame.

I'm asking you, so far this season, who were the players that were utter shit last season that has been great so far this season.

I'll wait for gone answer, I suspect you won't be able to provide one.

Can't be
Pedri
Bernal
Balde
Olmo
Yamal
Raphinha
Curbarsi
Kounde
Casado
Fermin
Pac Victor

Because they were all either injured, not signed or had good seasons even though we didn't win anything.

So again who are the Players that were utter shit.

ajnotkeith

I'm asking you, so far this season, who were the players that were utter shit last season that has been great so far this season.

Can't be
Pedri
Bernal
Balde
Olmo
Yamal
Raphinha
Curbarsi
Kounde
Casado
Fermin
Pac Victor

Because they were all either injured, not signed or had good seasons even though we didn't win anything.

They were not shit, but a lot of them have notably improved as the whole team has, even though we need to wait to judge this as it's only been 4 games.

Pedri for example was a bit on and off under Xavi, he's had a string of excellent games (for now). Let's see towards the end of the season where we have more data.

Kul_z

Can't be
Pedri
Bernal
Balde
Olmo
Yamal
Raphinha
Curbarsi
Kounde
Casado
Fermin
Pac Victor

Pedri was good? When available, sevilla level good?
Balde was out but until his injury his level dropped so much it became a question if anyone can still make a quality fb out of him, it still is a question.
Yamal molding but exploded in euros

Raphinha was atrocious with first touch, besides glittering goals against qsg in paris and minutes he played, yes he was abysmal too before that, nerve wracking
Cubarsi similar level, he didnt have enough time under xavi to get worse then he is

Kounde was so so, usually shit with brainfarts, no concentration at all

Fermin was considered as the player that we should offload until olympics.

Your points and your takes have a stand until you take a look a greater picture and then they dont.

ajnotkeith

That's the standard for the type of signing he was. Very big expectations for a very big transfer and investment.

Let's see if he can make an impact in CL. The team already got a league title already, not much he can improve here under Flick. Maybe getting back to back titles this season and the next. That could be quite something...
Teams always aim to win the league.

Winning one before doesn't make winning a future one any less important, especially now Madrid signed Mbappe which in theory made the league much harder to win.

jamrock

Balde was out but until his injury his level dropped so much it became a question if anyone can still make a quality fb out of him, it still is a question.

Raphinha was atrocious with first touch, besides glittering goals against qsg in paris and minutes he played, yes he was abysmal too before that, nerve wracking
Cubarsi similar level, he didnt have enough time under xavi to get worse then he is

Your points and your takes have a stand until you take a look a greater picture and then they dont.
Lol this is some de jong is as good as rodri level post

Because that post is what's utter shit, no offense.

You should have just left it alone.

jamrock

They were not shit, but a lot of them have notably improved as the whole team has, even though we need to wait to judge this as it's only been 4 games.

Pedri for example was a bit on and off under Xavi, he's had a string of excellent games (for now). Let's see towards the end of the season where we have more data.

Yep no one was utter shit, pedri was injured for basically all of last season and couldn't get a run of games going.

The only person he could say that about is lewa.

That's it.

Everyone else was either good, injured or not playing for the team last year.

If he said the team has improved, that would be the smarter thing to say.

Kul_z

Yep no one was utter shit, pedri was injured for basically all of last season and couldn't get a run of games going.

The only person he could say that about is lewa.

That's it.

Everyone else was either good, injured or not playing for the team last year.

If he said the team has improved, that would be the smarter thing to say.
They were shit last season. We were shit last season. Besides false dawns, they were all playing more like sevilla level players then barcelona level players

ajnotkeith

I don't think Raphinha was bad last season, actually he had a really solid season with plenty of goal contributions even not playing that many minutes.

You could definitely say the new system seems to bring out his qualities much more, though.

Co0ter

Pedri, Yamal, Lewa and Raphinha all look much better right now than they did last season under Xavi, especially Raphinha.

Kounde had a stinker previous game, but had been solid otherwise. Cubarsi looks comfortable under Flick, considering over the course of last season his performances were worsening, not improving. Add to that Pau, Bernal and Casado have all looked great in Flick's system as well. Balde is the only one who hasn't improved, but he was on a real long term injury, so he's difficult to evaluate fairly. Not to mention he was having a bad season last year under Xavi before the injury anyway.

Saying the entire squad looks uplifted and improved as whole under Flick wouldn't be an understatement, it'd just be the truth.

This type of football I think would suit De Jong better for sure, likely Gavi as well if he learns some discipline.

Home of Barca Fans