23 - Jules Kounde

gregorrin10

Todd Boehly has offered Kounde 12 - 13 million a year, double what Barcelona are willing to offer him. Sevilla has accepted the 65 million offers from Chelsea. Now Kounde is waiting for Barcelona's response.
Obviously, he wants to play for Barca but Sevilla does not want to sell him to La Liga opponent. It will be a betting war in the next few days. Barcelona has already activated the second leverage for 25% of their TV rights to Six Street and they have to funds to sign him. The main question is should we go to that battle with multi milliard American company? Does Kounde really deserve to be awarded with more than 12-13 million a year? Just as a reminder, arguably the best CB in Europe Virgil van Dijk takes 13 million a year in Liverpool. Is Kounde anywhere near his level? Barca has also other needs to address this summer. Starting right back and substitute for Jordi Alba.

We're not offering 12M to anyone, I can tell you that much. I truly believe that 10M net salary limit (at least for new signings, and we'll try and renegotiate with any existing players who are still over that = De Jong) is very much real now, when we have capable people at the helm, who know our financial limits, yet with them also being shrewd negotiators and very well skilled in the art of selling the Barca brand more than the money, they might pull this off anyway. But if he chooses the money, so be it. Point is, we're not breaking our new wage structure for anyone.

Barcilliant

This is not happening. Current board making the same mistakes as previous board. Splurging money on star forwards only to neglect our pathetic defense.

Richard.H

We shouldn't have let Dani Alves go. He's a legend, can easily play until age 42-43 with proper rotations. Imagine him feeding crosses to Lewa, game over.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Relax.

We'll probably know more tomorrow. Laporta might simply be trolling the guys.

khaled_a_d

We shouldn't have let Dani Alves go. He's a legend, can easily play until age 42-43 with proper rotations. Imagine him feeding crosses to Lewa, game over.

Alves has jouned the club that finished 11th (out of 18) in Mexican league man.
The guy is done at the top level and his defense was terrible last year.
He is legend but it was the right decision

Barcilliant

Alves has jouned the club that finished 11th (out of 18) in Mexican league man.
The guy is done at the top level and his defense was terrible last year.
He is legend but it was the right decision

Yeah, he's finished at the top level. Didn't want him to spoil his legacy like the other amigos.

Sooke

Too bad we didn't match Almeria's bid for Kaiky, he could've been a good option, although it's claer the club wants an already established CB. I think Kaiky remains a future option, especially since he's in La Liga now.

That is right. The club is willing to sign established center back.

Skriniar would actually be better than Kounde. Probably the only player who is better and at the same time is attainable this summer. Others like Gvardiol (still a very good option!) may have world class potential, but they're not there yet. And seems the club is finally determined to get a truly world class CB in, even after getting Christensen, who was a great pickup for free. In the past we would've been totally content with getting just Christensen this summer. For me that's a clear sign the club is ready to move on from Pique and his clown antics...finally! This is his last season for sure, and even then it won't be a bigger role than Xavi in 2015, if even that. If we get another world class CB in, all that's left for Pique is to fight with Garcia for the 4th spot.

Skriniar has actually been insane for Inter, best CB in the league by far, has been for 2 years. With players like De Ligt and Koulibaly also there at that time, that's big. Inter fans absolutely adore him. But he deserves a top club by now. His tackling, speed and anticipation are all top notch. I admit I haven't watched him enough to comment on his ball playing ability, maybe someone who watches Inter could shed some more light on that?

In any case, I'm glad the club are recognizing that a modern CB needs to first of all be strong and pacy. And that we're starting to look for defenders whose biggest ability is to actually defend, and not prioritize the ball playing ability over it. Basically moving on from the Piques and Lenglets to real, no nonsense defenders. Only after that, if they have great technique and ball playing ability, even better.

I agree. Skriniar and Romagnoli are the two best center back in Italy. Milan's contract expires in June 2023 and because of that, Inter my reduce his current market value price ( 65 mil. euro). Skriniar is a lot better player than Kounde and may cost as less.

So true that you posted it twice? Well, I'm not complaining!

Couldn't agree more.

Skriniar is the total package. His tactical awareness and marking is among the best in the world. He's a very strong tackler too. Good in the air and on the ball. He plays a bit like a veteran CB with years of experience.

Many Barca forum readers might not know this but this dude can fill in as a DM too. Seen him do it for his national team before. A very versatile and complete CB.

Better than De Ligt and Kounde. Yup!

Yes. He can play well enough at multiple positions and definitely better than De Ligt and Kounde.

If for some reason Alemany can't make it happen, there is also Skriniar's team-mate Alessandro Bastoni (23) whose market value right now is 60 mil euro. Also, another option is Cristian Romero (24) from Spurs and he is free agent next summer. Market value - 48 million.

Barcilliant

I agree. Skriniar and Romagnoli are the two best center back in Italy. Milan's contract expires in June 2023 and because of that, Inter my reduce his current market value price ( 65 mil. euro). Skriniar is a lot better player than Kounde and may cost as less.

Yes. He can play well enough at multiple positions and definitely better than De Ligt and Kounde.

If for some reason Alemany can't make it happen, there is also Skriniar's team-mate Alessandro Bastoni (23) whose market value right now is 60 mil euro. Also, another option is Cristian Romero (24) from Spurs and he is free agent next summer. Market value - 48 million.

What do you think of Fofana? I haven't seen much of him so I can really judge.

We definitely need an established cb and a left back.

Barcilliant

Inter want 80 million for Skriniar and Romagnoli has signed with Lazio.

Temptation

Didn't Romero just sign for Spurs on a permanent deal after being on loan for a few months?

Yeah, good luck dealing with Daniel Levy. :lol:

Bastoni is good. The left footed CB has been really good in a 3 CB system. Will he be as good in a back 4 straight away?? I'd say Skriniar is definitely the safer bet here. Plus Skriniar has a good mentality and mature leadership vibe which all these options lack.

Nucky

This is not happening. Current board making the same mistakes as previous board. Splurging money on star forwards only to neglect our pathetic defense.

Christiansen,Kounde and possibly Azpi/LB (Reguilon,Alonso) are defenders though..

Temptation

What do you think of Fofana? I haven't seen much of him so I can really judge.

We definitely need an established cb and a left back.

Too early. The guy was basically on his way to becoming a world class CB and boom! That awful awful injury hit him.

Very fast and great at winning the ball but not a risk that makes sense. Let's see how he looks when he comes back properly.

Home of Barca Fans