23 - Jules Kounde

FinBarcelonafan

This is why we won't win Cl anytime soon. No defense. If I was manager I would have a double pivot with De Jong and Kessie or even Gavi/Nico to protect that shitty backline.
Horrible defense. The worst among the big clubs.

Exactly. We will be leaking goals like crazy, so we will win nothing.

CL is about good defense and goalkeeping.

FinBarcelonafan

Well Laporta is going to spend on a 33 year old Azpilicueta :lol:

Alba-Garcia-Pique-Azpi or Alba-Azpi-Pique-Roberto will be lit. Sounds like a champions league winning back line to me.

******* Annoyed because now we will respond by signing Azpi and Alonso...

"*** ****

Alonso especially will be huge waste of salary. The guy will play a bit this season, then we want to get rid of him.

You can quote me on that.

Rory

I'm more worried about our fullbacks. Alba a year older, limited for years and very hit and miss. Roberto and Dest on the other side...

Kounde would be a welcome addition sure but our flanks are still exposed defensively.

Tackle

Spending the entire transfer budget on attacking options is not pragmatic, but it is easy to see what Laporta is up to here.

Mortgaging some of the club's long term future to sign flashy, marketable forwards that will capture the attention of fans and rivals and restore some of the "magic" to Barca. This will only end well if we compete for everything next season despite rubbish at the back with likes of Roberto, Azpi?, Alba, Dest, Pique, Stegen in goal etc.

If not, Laporta may easily plunge us into another crisis based on political decisions and then walk away with no consequences, a la Bartomeu. Sensible thing to do would have to been to forget about Raphinha after Dembele agreed to renew and kept Depay for attacking depth, while spending the fee on Kounde.

Another potential solution would have been to find an amicable departure for De Jong rather than this media circus saga where the player is belittled daily.

Not very impressed with the board.

mc_lovin

Spending the entire transfer budget on attacking options is not pragmatic, but it is easy to see what Laporta is up to here.

We got a midfielder and CB as well.

And I cant grasp how people here can look at our attack last season and think it shouldnt be priority numero uno. Rather watch Lewa and Raphina than the likes of Ferran, Auba (who have both been serviceable at least, but hardly great) or Dembele.

We dont need Raphina, we have Dembele. The last time we depended on Dembele we got fucking Braithwaite.

Last edited:

Tackle

We got a midfielder and CB as well.

And I cant grasp how people here can look at our attack last season and think it shouldnt be priority numero uno. Rather watch Lewa and Raphina than the likes of Ferran, Auba (who have both been serviceable at least, but hardly great) or Dembele.

We dont need Raphina, we have Dembele. The last time we depended on Dembele we got fucking Braithwaite.

Fati, Ferran, Auba, Memphis, Dembele and one of Lewa/Raphinha would have been more than serviceable for this season. Not comparable to Braithwaite situation. Signing both forwards for over 100m knowing it would close the door to a good player in another position was not a wise decision based on anything other than shirt sales.

Kessie looks promising, Christensen to a lesser extent, but they are not enough.

As of now I don't see this club conceding any fewer than 6 goals across a two legged tie against any top side in Europe.

Porque

To be fair to Laporta, the team needed more attacking power.

Kounde is a luxury in that he is a very good young defender that has to be sold this season, but if both he and Raphinha would perform. Then Raphinha is the better option now that we have money to spend.

As others have said, going forward with both aged and lack of quality in fullback is the worry. And moreso that both options we have fixated on are not particularly great.

mc_lovin

Fati, Ferran, Auba, Memphis, Dembele and one of Lewa/Raphinha would have been more than serviceable for this season. Not comparable to Braithwaite situation. Signing both forwards for over 100m knowing it would close the door to a good player in another position was not a wise decision based on anything other than shirt sales.

Kessie looks promising, Christensen to a lesser extent, but they are not enough.

As of now I don't see this club conceding any fewer than 6 goals across a two legged tie against any top side in Europe.

Ferran (maybe theres hope), Auba and Memphis are incredibly average - I would rather have Pique at CB, who has been quite good last season, than any of them in attack instead of Lewa/Raphina. Ansu and Dembele are just unreliable - and in case of the latter also quite problematic at football.

iniestaGOAT

To be fair to Laporta, the team needed more attacking power.

Kounde is a luxury in that he is a very good young defender that has to be sold this season, but if both he and Raphinha would perform. Then Raphinha is the better option now that we have money to spend.

As others have said, going forward with both aged and lack of quality in fullback is the worry. And moreso that both options we have fixated on are not particularly great.

They must not have faith in kounde. He was also Chelsea's 3rd choice after ake and de ligt

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
We're one injury away from one of Pique or Eric Garcia starting for us :lol:

This club never learns. Every CL winner had two good CBs and/or two great FBs, including us. We have average RBs, a LB that shits his pants when the lights are bright.

I don't agree with people saying we shouldn't have signed Lewandowski and Raphinha because we do need more quality and competition up front, especially as Ferran can be useless most of the time and you never know when Dembele walks into a door and is out for 3 months again.

But a top CB or an elite CB prospect at least was just as much of a priority as a striker IMO. Same with a RB.

Gari

We're one injury away from one of Pique or Eric Garcia starting for us :lol:

This club never learns. Every CL winner had two good CBs and/or two great FBs, including us. We have average RBs, a LB that shits his pants when the lights are bright.

I don't agree with people saying we shouldn't have signed Lewandowski and Raphinha because we do need more quality and competition up front, especially as Ferran can be useless most of the time and you never know when Dembele walks into a door and is out for 3 months again.

But a top CB or an elite CB prospect at least was just as much of a priority as a striker IMO. Same with a RB.

The question remains: is the defender of the 4th La Liga team so good?

Home of Barca Fans