23 - Jules Kounde

serghei

Surely BS though. Why would Chelsea pay so much for Kounde with a transfer fee involved when they were willing to offer less to Rudiger.

As has been said, Kounde is already their 3rd option for CB and currently on a fraction of that wage in Seville.

Kounde is much younger than Rudiger. Wage offer from Chelsea is the only logical reason for why we can't sign him. What else is threre?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Chelsea offered their priority signing de Ligt 9m net.

Why would they offer Kounde more :lol:

Porque

Kounde is much younger than Rudiger. Wage offer for Chelsea is the only logical reason for why we can't sign him. What else is threre?

That we haven't placed an offer because we need another lever which may not come, or to sell someone like Frenkie. So right now we can't guarantee another 50m+ transfer.

Porque

Gerrard shares the narrative that the board wants in exchange for strong sources (God gawd I'm sounding like a JamDista right now)

This is the latest from Marca.

At Sevilla they are very clear that Kound?'s departure to Chelsea is very close and that nothing is going to cloud it. Not even that blaugrana shadow that little by little is disappearing, sinceBarcelona, ​​as this medium has been able to confirm, has not even called Sevilla , much less has it made a single offer for Kound? .

The interest is real. Or it was real. However, the Catalan club did not want to pay such a large amount for the Sevilla defender and has found a direct attack from Chelsea , with whom they cannot compete financially right now, despite activating the second lever yesterday. In Nervi?n they describe the fact that Barcelona and its coach, Xavi Hern?ndez , were interested in hiring Kounde more as noise than reality . The only thing they have been able to achieve is to pressure Chelsea to close the deal as soon as possible .

I think this is closer to reality than Chelsea offers 12m and us half of that.

MTL_Barca

Sucks but losing out on Kounde shouldn't be the end of the world.

Inigo Martinez as alternative would be pretty depressing though :lol:

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Inigo Martinez as alternative would be pretty depressing though :lol:

But just the kind of player you would expect us to go for. Average and old. We need a starter CB, not another squad player. Might have just kept Lenglet if the rumors of us pursuing Inigo are true. Or bring Todibo back.

vuji_31

Can't belivre they are after Inigo Martinez.

This club is really retarded. Average old la liga CB.

Rather no one, then anothger fraud that will becom eleech in season or two.

Catta

The only mistake Barca did, was not getting Kounde before Lewa. He should have been the priority, not the guy who was desperate to join Barca.

Players like Torres, Laporte or Martinez would be a waste of money, they are not even better than Christensen. Hope the club doesn't go for any of them.

jamrock

I doubt Chelsea offered 12m net, they definitely offered significantly more than us but not 12m, when we topped out at around 6-7.

I think 9 is more realistic, more money plus they made a bigger push than we did, I can understand his choice, he clearly thought about us as well but at the end didn't want to wait around.

Sucks because any other young defender will cost significantly more, don't want waste 40m on Martinez & that kinga trash.

So far we've signed 1 CB, 1 MD, 2 forward people need to relax a bit.

Home of Barca Fans