23 - Jules Kounde

Givenchy

This was always going to be a tough deal, Sevilla would obviously rather sell to outside of la liga teams + the player doesn't really have a hard on for Barca only like Lewa, Raph etc

I really think Christensen will be a surprise for us this season

malvolio

This was always going to be a tough deal, Sevilla would obviously rather sell to outside of la liga teams + the player doesn't really have a hard on for Barca only like Lewa, Raph etc

Every player has a hard on for Barca or Real. In this case it was about money. Maybe you don't move country and go to England for just 1M, but be sure every player does that for 4M.

I have no doubt that he would choose us before Chelsea, is offer was similar.

Nucky

Lets just hope Lewa scores mores than our pathetic shit defence concedes.. Again defence wasn't improved.. LB and RB are poor, only class CB is Araujo.. Nothing good is coming

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
4 year deal for Inigo incoming according to Sport. Don’t think we were really ever after Kounde. They just wanted us to believe they went for the better and younger player. Might as well just kept Lenglet.

Nucky

4 year deal for Inigo incoming according to Sport. Don’t think we were really ever after Kounde. They just wanted us to believe they went for the better and younger player. Might as well just kept Lenglet.

Next year when he'll be free agent and even if he comes, that improves nothing.. 32 year old next year, another short term solution..

khaled_a_d

We're one injury away from one of Pique or Eric Garcia starting for us :lol:

This club never learns. Every CL winner had two good CBs and/or two great FBs, including us. We have average RBs, a LB that shits his pants when the lights are bright.

You rarely move from a CL group exit to winning CL next season tbh.
I think our target is la Liga and I would argue our defense is decent enough to compete there, probably a better GK makes a bigger difference than Kounde.
Club tried to get Kounde but I am not sure he is worth breaking the bank for him. It is pretty underwhelming news but I can't put much blame on them tbf
Last season we went from from 9th to 2nd by improving attack, but huge part of that was often injured Dembele and Auba who is 33 and has history of just losing motivation.
I get the club stance of prioritising attack, hopefully next year we move to improve defensive unit (FBs, GK, DM, CB)

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Defense wins games. With a shabby defense that hasn't been improved much, we will hardly be able to contend for La Liga, let alone the CL.

They just don't prioritize defense. Sigh.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Small vomit taste in my mouth when I heard the rumour.

Sickening. This is the answer to shit defense?!

Azpi, Alonso, Inigo Martinez. Apparently one of the criteria for signing defenders these days is they are Spanish and over 30 years old... I have no idea what the heck they are thinking about.

Zola

Justifiably, no. And the 12-13m net wages are absurd.

We offered him half that.

Do you and some of the others here really, honestly believe Chelsea are going to make Jules Kounde the second best paid player in the Premier League after only Cristiano Ronaldo? More than anyone else at Chelsea currently makes and throughout the league more than the likes of Mo Salah and Kevin De Bruyne are earning? Because that's basically what 12-13M? net would mean.

Chelsea's top 3 highest earners are N'Golo Kante and the new boys Raheem Sterling and Kalidou Koulibaly. In gross pay they take home around ?300K/wk each, which in euros amounts to 9-10M? after taxes. And that's only if they fulfill all bonus clauses included in their contracts, each of their base salaries are slightly less than that.

In what world does Jules Kounde, a 23-year-old player with a lot less merit than any of the players mentioned above, earn more than them? Sure he has a lot of potential but sure as hell there's absolutely no way he's going to be made the club's highest earner immediately after signing. Maybe don't believe everything Gerard Romero and all the other pro-Barca bullshitters tell you, a healthy amount of source criticism goes a long way in this current era of fake news.

I'm very much sure Chelsea are offering Sevilla a better payment structure with more money up front as well as Kounde a larger contract than Barcelona are but the difference is certainly not going to be a 100% increase. If I had to guess, I would estimate Kounde's offer from Chelsea to be something around 7M? after tax based on the wages players of similar age and merit are making. Even that would be triple what he currently earns at Sevilla.

https://www.capology.com/club/chelsea/salaries/

Kounde might be good but he's definitely not good enough for Chelsea to completely wreck their wage structure. If you look at the link, there are pretty good estimates on every Chelsea player's salaries. Most of the key players (Chilwell, Havertz, Jorginho, Kovacic, Azpi, Pulisic, Thiago Silva etc.) are at most on 6M? net salary and only the few top earners get more than that. Some starting players (Mount, James, Mendy) are less on less than 3M? net salary and while it's been said they're soon getting new deals on improved wages they'll still probably only get to around 5-7M? net on their new deals.

serghei

Jesus, relax. If we get Inigo it is gonna be for cheap with a low salary. But I doubt we will get another CB.

Attack will make a difference next season. Azpi, Christensen and Kessie will also improve us in defense. It will be felt in La Liga at least.

Home of Barca Fans