23 - Jules Kounde

KingLeo10

Just beautiful seeing all the EPL tards on Redcafe losing their marbles...proclaiming we will be a defunct club in 1-2 seasons :lol:

So salty FDJ is doing everything in his power to not move there

serghei

Just beautiful seeing all the EPL tards on Redcafe losing their marbles...proclaiming we will be a defunct club in 1-2 seasons :lol:

So salty FDJ is doing everything in his power to not move there

They don't realize that if some billionaire buys Barca it's gonna be bad news for anyone.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
31 year old Inigo Martinez

Soon-to-be 33 year old Azpilicueta

Soon-to-be 32 year old Marcos Alonso

Revolution!

DonAK

You rarely move from a CL group exit to winning CL next season tbh.
I think our target is la Liga and I would argue our defense is decent enough to compete there, probably a better GK makes a bigger difference than Kounde.
Club tried to get Kounde but I am not sure he is worth breaking the bank for him. It is pretty underwhelming news but I can't put much blame on them tbf
Last season we went from from 9th to 2nd by improving attack, but huge part of that was often injured Dembele and Auba who is 33 and has history of just losing motivation.
I get the club stance of prioritising attack, hopefully next year we move to improve defensive unit (FBs, GK, DM, CB)

I agree, but the expectation should be to compete, not win.

And you cannot compete with Azpilicueta, Inigo Martinez and Marcos Alonso being a part of your backline.

We won't sign a goalkeeper either anyway.

xXKonan

Lol, Inigo Martinez.

No imagination from this club once we miss out on our main targets, especially when it comes to the CB. Thankfully it's Bilbao who owns him as they would force us to pay the release clause.

DonAK

Anyway don't think we'll sign Inigo Martinez as Athletic won't sell for cheap regardless of his contract expiring next year. Their new President is ambitious and Athletic's policy of only having Basque players means they will have issues replacing him so quickly.

They apparently want minimum 50m for him. We shouldn't even be thinking about offering more than 15-20m for him.

Catta

Imagine selling your TV rights just to buy 3 average 31+ year old Spanish defenders, a 34 year old forward for 50mil and a couple of free transfers. And people consider this a good transfer window. For all the money we got from the deal, our transfer dealings were average. Without Kounde the defense will be as shit as last year.

Only hope for this club is that Raphinha and Kessie become huge hits, then this window won't be a disaster.

JamDav1982

Imagine trying to take on top teams with Azpi, Martinez and Alonso in the back line 'protected' by Busquets.

Dont worrry.. if they fail then Dest, Pique, Alba etc can step in..

If Xavi plays that same formation and approach with Busi on front of those defences containing those players he will get picked off.

Aruajo is an athlete but has some serious issues on the ball. Christensen think will be good signing.

Total-Football

The main reason of the downfall of barca is not big wages offered to players. It's the extreme incompetence in buying players. It's like we don't have any scouting system -sport department whatsoever. No risk-taking in buying young players with potential and no eye for buying players with the potential to grow. We just like look at the market and buy the most established player in a position and try to buy with ridiculous money. That model is bound to fail and is not sustainable and the results are Infront of our eyes. Yet, stunningly, the club continues to buy ready-made players that cost the most in every position irrespective of age. It s like they are continuing with a model that led to barcelona a selling itself. Stunning

serghei

You can't fix everything in one go lol. We'll probably struggle to register our big signings as it is. So, stop moaning ffs. We still have to comply to La Liga FFP last time I checked.

ajnotkeith

You can't fix everything in one go lol. We'll probably struggle to register our big signings as it is. So, stop moaning ffs.

We already have the tools to win LaLiga without making any further signings. Kounde or any other big ticket CB would be a cherry on top. But as of now, we have great starters and depth everywhere except full back (GK excluded as super thin market right now to replace Standing)

Last edited:

malvolio

Imagine selling your TV rights just to buy 3 average 31+ year old Spanish defenders, a 34 year old forward for 50mil and a couple of free transfers. And people consider this a good transfer window. For all the money we got from the deal, our transfer dealings were average. Without Kounde the defense will be as shit as last year.

Only hope for this club is that Raphinha and Kessie become huge hits, then this window won't be a disaster.

I think it was more of an unexpected window for anyone not familiar with Barca in general. Raphinha and Lewandowski being the names that carried this 'great' transfer window.

After all, there was no other option for us, as otherwise we would have sunk further. But it is a big fuck-up not to bring a top CB or fullback.

And also we are failing to offload likes of Depay, Umtiti, Neto, Puig, FDJ, Braithwaite, Pjanic.

Home of Barca Fans