23 - Jules Kounde

ajnotkeith

Seems that Kounde is great in a lot of facets. Good defensively, physically robust, good progressor of the ball, his only big weakness imo is the error propensity/brainfarts.

JamDav1982

Well, he's better than Christensen... not sure about Araujo. But we will only know for sure when all 3 are fit.

He wasnt better than Christensen at CB last season and hasnt been better this season than Christensen was last in my opinion, but has been better so far than was last season.. Stil with a good few ropey moment when teams can get ball forward.

Osasuna was a very good game.

I think all three will play a lot even when fit there will be games Araujo goes RB for his 1v1 defending v the better wingers.

Araujo/Kounde CB pairing is very basic on the ball.

mc_lovin

Not like last season really counts when he had zero continiuity there.

Also Kounde is our best ball carrying CB. He has shown it more this season already and more akin to his Sevilla days. He's really elegant. Passing is ropey, but hey, the lord giveth and the lord taketh.

JamDav1982

Not like last season really counts when he had zero continiuity there.

Also Kounde is our best ball carrying CB. He has shown it more this season already and more akin to his Sevilla days. He's really elegant. Passing is ropey, but hey, the lord giveth and the lord taketh.

It does count... he played a lot of games at CB and plenty players got moved about.. the majoriy of them did and played multiple positions.

No chance is Kounde better on ball than Christensen. Nowhere near as 'elegant' on ball if anything Kounde looks awkward on ball at times when pressed.

mc_lovin

It does count... he played a lot of games at CB and plenty players got moved about..
Please. Just looked it up and it was roughly a 50/50 CB:RB split, but with Roberto and the likes being next to him then :lol: Hardly much continuity with him playing 4 games at CB in a row at best (in 3 of them conceding none).

He's a damn fine player, but people here already went all in calling him a flop (not necessarily aimed at you).

JamDav1982

Please. Just looked it up and it was roughly a 50/50 CB:RB split, but with Roberto and the likes being next to him then :lol: Hardly much continuity with him playing 4 games at CB in a row at best (in 3 of them conceding none).

He's a damn fine player, but people here already went all in calling him a flop (not necessarily aimed at you).

Yes 50/50 probably more thn thought it was so strengthens point.

As said all the players played various positions and many a lot less than Kounde did at CB.

He is a good player and good value. Just dont think he has been as good when CB as made out or has the strengths other claim he does to this point.

On the ball etc just dont agree he is as good as Christensen for example and think he is still prone to errors when defending outside the box too often at moment.

mc_lovin

Yes 50/50 probably more thn thought it was so strengthens point.

As said all the players played various positions and many a lot less than Kounde did at CB.
He was the only CB consistently played out of position. Other players playing out of position (who apart from Gavi though???) don't matter. Also not discussing whether 50/50 strengthens your point or mine :lol: I am fairly leaning towards mine obviously. Playing every 2nd game somewhere else doesn't sound like continuity to me.

JamDav1982

He was the only CB consistently played out of position. Other players playing out of position (who apart from Gavi though???) don't matter. Also not discussing whether 50/50 strengthens your point or mine :lol: I am fairly leaning towards mine obviously. Playing every 2nd game somewhere else doesn't sound like continuity to me.
He played 19 games at CB in league and Araujo played 24 for example and Christensen played 27.

None of them had continuity all season and like other playes moving position you get judged on how play.

Just as Araujo did when played RB or FDJ when plays 3/4 positions across the season etc.

Continuity doesnt get allowed for Kessie, Ferran, Fati etc when poor or others. That how it is.

JamDav1982

Name CB/RB (League only)
Christensen 23/23 (100%)
Araujo 19/3 (86%)
Kounde 11/18 (37%!!!)

Not sure what I am discussing here.

Yes and Araujo/Christensne 'continuity' broken up by injuries etc.

As said Araujo played RB and did well in only few games.. Others like FDJ played multiple positions.

While others who did poorly.. Ferran, Fati, Kessie etc dont get the continuity excuse either.

It is a lame excuse.

jamrock

He's staying and showing up those with their, we should have signed a RB instead of a CB agenda's, both him and Laporta actually.

Dude is straight class one of the best young CB in the world, but we all knew that since his Sevilla days, there is a reason why almost every big club was linked to him at some point during his time there.

Least season he was the only CB that was consistently played out of position, Aruajo only moved to RB to cover Vini and he covered us well.

For one I don't like the impression that Xavi is summiting to his pressure to move to CB, but that aside .

As it relates to this season, I think Xavi will rotate a lot between our CBs, all 4 will see good playing time, but longer term I get the feeling Kounde Aruajo will be where he lands, that was always the plan but circumstances and Christensen awesomeness changed that.

For the biggest games, I see Aruajo at RB and cancelo being moved to LB, Balde on the bench a few times at least.

But it's a good problem to have.

Home of Barca Fans